MNSSHP coming back 2021?

With party guests entering at 7pm and day guests being able to stay until 9pm, I would imagine the ability to hop to MK will be impacted in order to keep it from being too crowded at the end of the night, especially if fireworks return.

Bummed that MNSSHP isn't coming back this year. I don't think we'll be paying to attend this one, but I guess it will depend on the price point.

I don't think they'd do that. I think it would be way too crowded. Party guests would be paying a premium price to be packed in like sardines with regular guests. It would be mutiny. lol.
They're paying a premium for a party that starts at 9p.m. The park is going to be very crowded from 7-9 until regular guests leave either way.

They're paying a premium for a party that starts at 9p.m. The park is going to be very crowded from 7-9 until regular guests leave either way.
I just don't think they'd want to encourage regular guests to stick around for fireworks on these nights. If fireworks come back for this, I can see the show starting at 11pm. Long after they've swept the parks for regular guests.

I just don't think they'd want to encourage regular guests to stick around for fireworks on these nights. If fireworks come back for this, I can see the show starting at 11pm. Long after they've swept the parks for regular guests.

I agree they wouldn't do it while the regular guests are there, but I think they'd do it closer to the start of the party, such as 10pm, that way there isn't a big rush of people trying to leave at the same time after fireworks.

I wasn't referring to Hallowe'en fireworks specifically for party guests (similar to past parties), but to the rumored 50th Anniversary fireworks for regular day guests. The point was, if there are after hours events many nights a week, doing a 50th fireworks show at, say, 8p.m. starting in October, would be a likely move by Disney.

In the past, HEA fireworks for regular day guests were always shown on evenings with DAH, right before the park closed to regular guests.

With the way this is stated do you think it’s safe to assume that the first one will be on August 10th? We have a trip scheduled to end on the 9th but I may shift it back a couple days for this.

Yes, I think this is basically a guarantee the first one is August 10th. I’ll be at that one! :)

I wasn't referring to Hallowe'en fireworks specifically for party guests (similar to past parties), but to the rumored 50th Anniversary fireworks for regular day guests. The point was, if there are after hours events many nights a week, doing a 50th fireworks show at, say, 8p.m. starting in October, would be a likely move by Disney.

In the past, HEA fireworks for regular day guests were always shown on evenings with DAH, right before the park closed to regular guests.
I'm still thinking more along the lines of covid restrictions/rules. Not sure what will be happening by then, I just figured if there were fireworks by then, they'd still like to discourage huge crowds.

I'm still thinking more along the lines of covid restrictions/rules. Not sure what will be happening by then, I just figured if there were fireworks by then, they'd still like to discourage huge crowds.

I agree. I think, most likely, there will be no fireworks in August. Otherwise, Disney would advertise that with the Boo After Hours event. Like you, I was just talking hypothetically that if they had fireworks, they'd need to figure out a way to keep people from gathering in large crowds and leaving in one large mass of people.

I don't think they'd do that. I think it would be way too crowded. Party guests would be paying a premium price to be packed in like sardines with regular guests. It would be mutiny. lol.

I think they'll do exactly that. They got your money already they don't care if you're frustrated if you feel packed in at an after hours event. They're been packing people into parties for years.

I think they'll do exactly that. They got your money already they don't care if you're frustrated if you feel packed in at an after hours event. They're been packing people into parties for years.

Definitely.

But these are different times. I’m not so sure they’ll be ready to pack people in this year.

Definitely.

But these are different times. I’m not so sure they’ll be ready to pack people in this year.

One would HOPE, especially given these events are supposed to be an opportunity at lower crowds, but given that rates are going down, vaccination is going up, states are re-opening and Disney not only LOVES money, but has been taking in less once the shut down started I am not optimistic at all. They only have one mode.

I agree. I think, most likely, there will be no fireworks in August. Otherwise, Disney would advertise that with the Boo After Hours event. Like you, I was just talking hypothetically that if they had fireworks, they'd need to figure out a way to keep people from gathering in large crowds and leaving in one large mass of people.
Sure, it's doubtful they will have fireworks in August. But, the party runs until Oct. 31st. With the 50th Anniversary starting Oct. 1st, I think it's likely there will be some sort of evening show in October. Having the Boo bash start at 9p.m. seems to be Disney planning in such a way that the after hours event will not interfere with special evening Anniversary plans for regular day guests. Both day and party guests could experience it right before the party starts, maximizing Disney profits.

Except this isn’t a party. It’s an after hours event. The Disney site says it’ll be limited capacity. I understand That could mean anything but it falls in line with previous DAH.

Except this isn’t a party. It’s an after hours event. The Disney site says it’ll be limited capacity. I understand That could mean anything but it falls in line with previous DAH.
It doesn't really. Unless more is added, other then it being after hours and free candy, it's all the same stuff they gave you during the day as part of your ticket last year.

It doesn't really. Unless more is added, other then it being after hours and free candy, it's all the same stuff they gave you during the day as part of your ticket last year.

Well that could be said about all DAH events over the years.

I remember reading about how people loved the DAH back then.

This one especially as the cavalcades, the costumed characters and special treats were all included with park admission during the day last year.

What is this DAH not offering that previous did have? Free snacks? If this does have truly limited capacity then you are getting more with all you mentioned above. Minus the free snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter