MNSSHP coming back 2021?

With the way this is stated do you think it’s safe to assume that the first one will be on August 10th? We have a trip scheduled to end on the 9th but I may shift it back a couple days for this.

You would be surprised. At DAH events in past, I saw plenty of little ones attending. A good afternoon nap and you're good to go for the evening.
We did HS after hours back in 2019 with my then 6 and 9 year old and it was a highlight of their trip! Now at 11 and 8 we will 100% make this a part of our late august trip! So excited

Always! I did that for the Villains After Hours - entered right at 7. It was 4 PM for MNSSHP. You could even get Fast Passes for the pre-event time with the tickets!
Yeah, we'll definitely be looking to enter as soon as they'll allow us. A couple years ago I did the Mid-Day Magic that indicated one couldn't enter until noon but they let me in a few minutes early so I will likely aim to be at the gate around 6:30 to see if they have any wiggle room there.

Yeah, we'll definitely be looking to enter as soon as they'll allow us. A couple years ago I did the Mid-Day Magic that indicated one couldn't enter until noon but they let me in a few minutes early so I will likely aim to be at the gate around 6:30 to see if they have any wiggle room there.

They usually do start processing the line a bit early. For MNSSHP they always held until Festival of Fantasy was over. It could run at 3PM that time of year, so after the parade is offstage they could start, sometimes up to 30 minutes early.

I’m glad to see they are going to have something, but I won’t lie... I’m pretty disappointed with the start times. Given how early my kids normally fall asleep I was really hoping for that 4pm opening! Still, we might try it depending on the pricing.

What I really hope is that the days don’t sell out too quickly that we can wait to make a decision until after we hear reports of the first few events. That may be wishful thinking though!

"Disney After Hours Boo Bash comes as part of the Disney Parks “Halfway to Halloween” wicked celebration today and May 8, 2021 that’ll feature special announcements, a few “shriek peeks,” recipes for dreadfully delicious dishes from the parks, a “mummy approved” Disney+ playlist, not-so-spooky tips, frightfully favorite Halloween wallpapers, and much more.

Disney After Hours Boo Bash is a new Halloween party coming to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World beginning in August 2021

Disney After Hours BOO BASH will take place on select nights at Magic Kingdom from August 10, 2021 through October 31, 2021. Tickets for this event will go on sale in June 2021, so continue to check for updates. Disney After Hours BOO BASH tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM without the need for a day park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation"

Event Highlights

This hauntingly happy Halloween event is sure to be spook-tacular! Highlights include:
  • Halloween-themed cavalcades
  • Candy stops, with plenty of sweet surprises
  • Character sightings throughout the park
  • Special performances by the Cadaver Dans
  • Attractions, including favorites like Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain
  • Themed food and beverages available for purchase
  • Special décor, lighting, music and more!
Wow, so not fireworks....makes it seem it's pretty unlikely there will be any fireworks this summer or maybe even this year...bummer - Honestly,other than the candy stops and it being later in the evening, it doesn't seem much different than what was going on throughout the regular park days last fall....only we get to pay for an additional tix if we want to go.

Wow, so not fireworks....makes it seem it's pretty unlikely there will be any fireworks this summer or maybe even this year...bummer - Honestly,other than the candy stops and it being later in the evening, it doesn't seem much different than what was going on throughout the regular park days last fall....only we get to pay for an additional tix if we want to go.

I honestly think they're planning JIC there are no fireworks, but if there IS fireworks, the 50th will start within this window and they will probably have something special and this way fireworks won't be pay to play the same way it is during parties. There can still be fireworks for the people who are leaving the parks and then maybe again during DAH.

Couldn't agree more...very lackluster "announcement" at best. I think what they could've just announced was that they were going to shorten regular park hours on a bunch of nights and if you want to stay you'll have to pay a separate fee.

Shortening park hours on a bunch of nights....paying a separate fee to stay....that sounds like a party, which is what a lot of people were waiting for/wanted lol. Granted this is not that, but similar?

I honestly think they're planning JIC there are no fireworks, but if there IS fireworks, the 50th will start within this window and they will probably have something special and this way fireworks won't be pay to play the same way it is during parties. There can still be fireworks for the people who are leaving the parks and then maybe again during DAH.

I do not believe they will run fireworks twice. I'm not sure they can even stage for two shows. The After Hours event attendees can get in at 7 though, so it's a value-add for their ticket.

So glad we took October 30 for MK and October 31 for EPCOT. We've done MNNSHP and I don't think I want to pay for this much fun LOL!

I think we see Harmonious by or after July 4th. Just my gut feeling - Disney has to get something geared up and running smoothly for Oct and the 50th.

I think that Harmonious will likely be the first show to come back. I say that because Epcot is so big, and there are two exits to the park. Magic Kingdom is just too crowded when people go to leave after fireworks. I don't think Disney can do that again until everyone can be vaccinated, or until they can figure out a way to get people to space out while leaving.

I'm seeing 7pm-midnight unless you guys are only counting when the rest of the guests leave?

Fireworks may very well be back by fall, but now they won't be behind a paywall of every other night parties, something I hadn't thought of on a blog I was reading when pertaining to people coming for the 50th is important to plan around. Which makes me wonder, how they'll handle ANY parties during any holidays during the 50th, Covid or not. We're planning a December trip next year, with the hopes that everything would be back to normal and we'd be going to MVMCP. But I wonder if they'll still be in whatever mode they are planning to be in for the 50th so fireworks aren't behind a paywall.

I hope this ticketed event is cheaper than MNSSHP, because clearly it's less of an experience.
This is a good point. I can see them closer to October starting a fireworks show around 8p.m. each night. That would give party guests and regular guests the opportunity to see it. Actually, I kinda like that idea better than what was done in the past.

I agree with others that the cost for this will likely be around $150 or a little less.

Can't help but wonder if this will be the way of "parties" in the future, even after pandemic protocols are a thing of the past? Closing down the park early and not allowing regular guests to see fireworks on so many nights from August - December wasn't great press for MK in recent years.

Fireworks may very well be back by fall, but now they won't be behind a paywall of every other night parties, something I hadn't thought of on a blog I was reading when pertaining to people coming for the 50th is important to plan around. Which makes me wonder, how they'll handle ANY parties during any holidays during the 50th, Covid or not.
This is an important point. If they are able to offer fireworks for the 50th, but were only able to do them a few nights a week, I think it could create a safety hazard in the parks (even without Covid). I suppose they could keep capacity lower and that will take care of it, but I'm sure they have plans of much higher attendance caps by then. I'm as skeptical as anybody when it comes to Disney maximizing profit. But keeping parties this year to an after hours thing sounds like the best move.

This is a good point. I can see them closer to October starting a fireworks show around 8p.m. each night. That would give party guests and regular guests the opportunity to see it. Actually, I kinda like that idea better than what was done in the past.

I agree with others that the cost for this will likely be around $150 or a little less.

Can't help but wonder if this will be the way of "parties" in the future, even after pandemic protocols are a thing of the past? Closing down the park early and not allowing regular guests to see fireworks on so many nights from August - December wasn't great press for MK in recent years.
I don't think they'd do that. I think it would be way too crowded. Party guests would be paying a premium price to be packed in like sardines with regular guests. It would be mutiny. lol.

I just hope they release the dates soon - my family has 5 days at the Poly - we have our departure/pool day at the end, then MK one day and Epcot for 2, hoping that the other free day would be the party (based on previous years’ MNSSHP patterns). I am hoping we know if we have to reshuffle park days before park reservations are at capacity and we’re stuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter