MNSSHP coming back 2021?

What is this DAH not offering that previous did have? Free snacks? If this does have truly limited capacity then you are getting more with all you mentioned above. Minus the free snacks.
I'm not comparing it to previous DAH. I'm comparing it to what they offered with your day pass last year. For Halloween last year, other then free candy, everything they are offering for this event was offered last year with your park pass. Now you are paying for possibly lower crowds.

Sure, it's doubtful they will have fireworks in August. But, the party runs until Oct. 31st. With the 50th Anniversary starting Oct. 1st, I think it's likely there will be some sort of evening show in October. Having the Boo bash start at 9p.m. seems to be Disney planning in such a way that the after hours event will not interfere with special evening Anniversary plans for regular day guests. Both day and party guests could experience it right before the party starts, maximizing Disney profits.
I don't see how adding fireworks is going to profit Disney at all at this point. Parks will be fully booked for the month of October and I anticipate these after hour parties will book up quickly.
Fireworks may improve guest satisfaction, but not profits.

Another possibility that hasn't been mentioned:

Since it's an evening event, the cavalcades could bring back some of the lighted floats and characters that were in the MNSSHP parade.

Such as a cavalcade with the haunted mansion ghosts, bride, and gravediggers. Another could feature the headless horseman.

Another possibility that hasn't been mentioned:

Since it's an evening event, the cavalcades could bring back some of the lighted floats and characters that were in the MNSSHP parade.

Such as a cavalcade with the haunted mansion ghosts, bride, and gravediggers. Another could feature the headless horseman.

Good point! I hadn't thought about that but that would be nice and an added incentive to go for us.

I’ve never been to DAH or MNSSHP, but from all I’ve read people have made a lot of comments that MNSSHP has been really crowded in the past several years. Are the same amount of tickets not sold to DAH events? In other words, are sold out DAH nights not as crowded as sold out MNSSHP nights??

I’ve never been to DAH or MNSSHP, but from all I’ve read people have made a lot of comments that MNSSHP has been really crowded in the past several years. Are the same amount of tickets not sold to DAH events? In other words, are sold out DAH nights not as crowded as sold out MNSSHP nights??

Correct. I attended bot DAH and MNNSHP in 2019. Wall to wall people at the party, 40+ minute waits for snacks, long lines for rides. DAH? Ghost town. Eerily quiet. Walked on or nearly walked on to everything. It is worth every penny of the 129 per person!

Wow, so not fireworks....makes it seem it's pretty unlikely there will be any fireworks this summer or maybe even this year...bummer - Honestly,other than the candy stops and it being later in the evening, it doesn't seem much different than what was going on throughout the regular park days last fall....only we get to pay for an additional tix if we want to go.
There were never fireworks at after-hours events. The fireworks were always during normal park hours right at the end of the day. Fireworks could still come back before park close time, then boo bash afterwards.

Shortening park hours on a bunch of nights....paying a separate fee to stay....that sounds like a party, which is what a lot of people were waiting for/wanted lol. Granted this is not that, but similar?
What park nights have shortened hours as a result of this? This is an AH event. My understanding is it will start at 9:00 PM and run till midnight. How frequently does MK close after 9:00 PM in our new normal?

Correct. I attended bot DAH and MNNSHP in 2019. Wall to wall people at the party, 40+ minute waits for snacks, long lines for rides. DAH? Ghost town. Eerily quiet. Walked on or nearly walked on to everything. It is worth every penny of the 129 per person!
Thanks! I hope that still applies to this year!

What park nights have shortened hours as a result of this? This is an AH event. My understanding is it will start at 9:00 PM and run till midnight. How frequently does MK close after 9:00 PM in our new normal?

Yep, even before COVID, 8-9pm closings were the norm by late August (EMH excluded), I've been traveling to WDW in late August since 1984, and the shorter hours were always the downside (but the crowds were usually lighter to offset)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter