• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

@FoxC63 - you guys look fantastic!! I'm so glad you got to enjoy at least some things. Loved your photos! They'll lol awesome in those frames. hope you're 100% soon.

Next year - ME ME ME!!!

Meet my husband "Steampunk White Rabbit!"

upload_2017-11-3_0-40-31.png

This was my inspiration:
upload_2017-11-3_1-2-27.png

upload_2017-11-3_0-48-58.png

I made a muslin fitting of Simplicity 2333 but DH did not like the fit or cut. The underarm sleeves felt low and pulled in the back when "giving a hug" and the collar ended about 1/2" after his ear in other words the collar would not reach his chest even after I increased it by three inches. So I ditched this pattern and made a muslin fitting of the Butterick pattern jacket and jodhpurs. I redesigned the collar and jacket front to match the White Rabbit and it all worked perfectly. While DH was working out of the country I cut and sewed the jacket, jodhpurs, vest and hand sewed the lace jabot. One week later I was done he came home and tried it all on and DS said "You look like you work at Walmart!" :sad2: DH took one look in the mirror and said "I do.....NOPE!" :mad: No kidding!!! I was sooooo mad and tired! UGH! I told DH if you don't like the costume and plan on wearing one you'll need to buy it because I don't have time to make you one. I really didn't. He liked the jodhpurs and the jabot so he purchased the blue vest, white sneakers and white gloves from Amazon and the black top hat from Spirit. I made the tail, ears and decorated the top hat.
upload_2017-11-3_1-20-13.png

I hand painted the veins in the ears first then used three mixtures of paint on top, each mixture a bit darker going down the ear. One ear has wire as you can see in the bend this was machine sewn, the other ear was cuffed to the paint container and hand sewn giving it that curved look.

upload_2017-11-3_1-37-19.png
It's all in the details! :D

The findings and red fabric were hand sewn as well.
The red fabric is left overs from my Queen of Hearts costume. :D
DH used a centennial pocket watch given to him by his late father to complete the look.

Oct 31st party DH was hunted down by Br'er Rabbit. I kid you not, we heard thump, thump, thump "White Rabbit...White Rabbit!" It was the handler yelling. Now how cool was that!!!
upload_2017-11-3_1-42-42.png

I have to admit the original blue wool gaberdine fabric I used did look like Walmart's signature color and it took my son to say it for me to to see it. o_O I can laugh about it now, right!? :laughing:

Last edited:

Oct 29th was to be our first party but I was too sick to stay. DH & DS did follow the morning plan without a hitch.

Later that evening we arrived at MK with a cold wind a blowing and enjoyed dining at Liberty Tree Tavern, picked up our wristbands at M. Philharmagic and used FP's at HM, BTMR and PoC. I was done! Picked up SotMK cards & Mickey Pumpkin popcorn bucket and left. On my way out I was stopped by a manager who remarked on my costume, thank you I'm heading back to my room I'm not feeling well. If you feel up to it we can go to Guest Services and get you a refund. :eek: :faint: YES PLEASE!!!! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Meanwhile DH & DS decided after one Magic Shot they didn't want to stand in line for M&G's or get anymore photos so they rode the rides and treated themselves to tricks & treats. :stir:

Oct 31st, I rolled out of bed and got dressed for the party. Since our first party was mainly for M&G's & magic shots there was no major plan but now we had to make them, the only thing I really wanted to do was meet the Beast and QoH with the Tweedles. We took the boat from WL with Capt. Mike.

Captain Mike was the same person who took me back to WL on the 29th.

We greeted our Captain asking permission to board and our request was granted. He asked me how I was feeling, much better thank you sir, and he gave us six FP's for the party!!! :woohoo: THANK YOU Captain Mike!!!
View attachment 281213

After dinner at LTT (ADR 2:50)
View attachment 281215

We went to BOG (ADR 4pm) for dessert and to meet the Beast.
View attachment 281216
Our server brought out the dessert cart, we picked, he packed them in containers, DH paid him and were off to meet the Beast! It was that smooth, bing, bang done...but the Beast wasn't there we were told to come back at 5:30 :idea: FP time! We used our one remaining FP for Mine Train and the printed FP's on HM. We stopped by Memento Mori and posed for the ghostly lenticular photo. Boo!
View attachment 281218

DH went back to pick up the photos but his didn't take maybe because the decorations on his hat? So he had to wait awhile to retake it (reverse the hat) meanwhile DS & I rode Tea Cups. We all met QoH & Tweedles which was a great time, Tweedles were a bit frightened until I told them they could pet my pink pig! Then I yelled "PICTURES!" and startled everyone :lmao: It was fun! We also met the Mad Hatter and I thanked him for making my fascinator and he replied why yes, glad you wore it.

After the M&G's DH went back to Memento Mori to pick up the photos. Mine & DS looked perfect but I wasn't really happy with how DH's white rabbit ears looked in his photo and wanted him to retake it without his hat so back he went, poor poor rabbit! This time the machine broke down, IT was called and DH was asked to come back at 11pm. Fast forward, the machine was still down at 11:30pm so he was given three frames for free!!! Woot! :woohoo: This night was excellent!
View attachment 281219

We rode BTM just when the fireworks started and as we exited they shut it down until they were over. I never knew they did this. :confused3

The parade seemed short to me, HM did break down while we where on it it though it was short lived but most surprisingly we did not see a single flash from a camera! ;) Nice! Many have stated rides breaking down on this & that but it wasn't just at Disney. On our way to WDW we got onto the tram in Detroit but it broke down so we had to walk "the mile" also after we left WDW the airport escalator (MCO) stopped working luckily we were only three step away so.... I don't think it was just WDW. :flower3:

We left during the last Hocus Pocus show, I was wiped out!

So who's going next year?
You guys look fantastic!!!!!

@FoxC63 love all your photos, you guys look amazing! Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well at first, but I’m glad you still had some fun and had some pixie dust sprinkled on you!

I don’t think we will be going next year (DH has been talking about going to the paintball tournament in France next year instead of Orlando again so I’m hoping we can hit up Disneyland Paris!) but we will definitely go again at some point. The party was such a blast!

@FoxC63 You put so much work into this thread, it makes me sad that you got sick and couldn't attend your first party :( But I'm glad you were up for the second one and that it turned out great- all the costumes look amazing, what a great job!!

@FoxC63 love all your photos, you guys look amazing! Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well at first, but I’m glad you still had some fun and had some pixie dust sprinkled on you!

I don’t think we will be going next year (DH has been talking about going to the paintball tournament in France next year instead of Orlando again so I’m hoping we can hit up Disneyland Paris!) but we will definitely go again at some point. The party was such a blast!

Thank you! WOW Paris?!! Take me with you!!!! That sounds wonderful!

@FoxC63 You put so much work into this thread, it makes me sad that you got sick and couldn't attend your first party :( But I'm glad you were up for the second one and that it turned out great- all the costumes look amazing, what a great job!!

Thank you so much for all the compliments!

We had a fantastic time last night! We were let in around 3:45pm. We did photo pass pictures in front of the castle and then I got a spot for J&S at about 4:03pm. DH, DD and the other people we were with went to ride it’s a small world and the carousel. They joined me after that and we were done with J&S around 5:45/5:50pm. Then I went to the emporium to see what party merch they had while everyone else rode btmrr. Unfortunately they were sold out of the kids green mnsshp shirt but I grabbed the party pumpkin ornament. Then DH lost $100 in cash on the ride!

Thank you for your report, it's good to see confirmation guests can ride at least two rides while waiting to meet J&S via Tag Team.
I agree about the merchandise, I was really upset the pin set and Oogie popcorn bucket was sold out among other items. I did see some Hocus Pocus Merchandise:

Women’s Black $29.99 – Tried on runs small, 34C would get the medium but don’t like black tees nor was I impressed with the colors.

Men’s Purple $27.99 – Only XXXlarge sizes avail. Beautiful colors though very beautiful!

Tumbler $19.99, Ornament $14.99
upload_2017-11-3_13-38-14.png

Far cry from the merchandise first released, for whatever issue Disney had with this line I wasn’t sad to see it go.

upload_2017-11-3_13-39-21.png

Woof! Loosing $100 bucks is a hard hit! Really glad it didn't damper your evening though!

Thank you! WOW Paris?!! Take me with you!!!! That sounds wonderful!

Thank you for your report, it's good to see confirmation guests can ride at least two rides while waiting to meet J&S via Tag Team.
I agree about the merchandise, I was really upset the pin set and Oogie popcorn bucket was sold out among other items. I did see some Hocus Pocus Merchandise:

Women’s Black $29.99 – Tried on runs small, 34C would get the medium but don’t like black tees nor was I impressed with the colors.

Men’s Purple $27.99 – Only XXXlarge sizes avail. Beautiful colors though very beautiful!

Tumbler $19.99, Ornament $14.99
View attachment 281337

Far cry from the merchandise first released, for whatever issue Disney had with this line I wasn’t sad to see it go.

View attachment 281338

Woof! Loosing $100 bucks is a hard hit! Really glad it didn't damper your evening though!

Come with us!!! :teeth: We’re still only just talking about it but I really hope we can make it work. I’ve always wanted to visit France. I’ve never traveled out of the US at all before!

Yeah I saw the purple Hocus Pocus tank and almost tried finding my size but decided I didn’t love it enough to bother spending the money. I’d rather get some regular park tees or sweatshirts when we go back on Monday. DD ended up getting a green shirt at DHs paintball tournament today so she still got her green shirt fix haha. Yes it was certainly a bummer about the money, I’m sure if we were anywhere else we would have been much more upset, but at Disney we were able to brush it off no problem! Funny how that happens haha.

Come with us!!! :teeth: We’re still only just talking about it but I really hope we can make it work. I’ve always wanted to visit France. I’ve never traveled out of the US at all before!

Yeah I saw the purple Hocus Pocus tank and almost tried finding my size but decided I didn’t love it enough to bother spending the money. I’d rather get some regular park tees or sweatshirts when we go back on Monday. DD ended up getting a green shirt at DHs paintball tournament today so she still got her green shirt fix haha. Yes it was certainly a bummer about the money, I’m sure if we were anywhere else we would have been much more upset, but at Disney we were able to brush it off no problem! Funny how that happens haha.

When DH and I both worked we took a month off and lived, breathed and loved the UK then a year after that we spent six weeks in Japan. Oh what is was to be young! We took DS to Japan in 2015 this was a short two week trip. Never again will we ever do a two week vacation out of the country, just not worth it. We'll take a month! ::yes::

Currently I'm reading through @Travelgrrl thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...n-fall-2017-pre-trip-and-trip-report.3604591/ and making plans for the same vacation for 2018, but Paris ooh la la!!!

When DH and I both worked we took a month off and lived, breathed and loved the UK then a year after that we spent six weeks in Japan. Oh what is was to be young! We took DS to Japan in 2015 this was a short two week trip. Never again will we ever do a two week vacation out of the country, just not worth it. We'll take a month! ::yes::

Currently I'm reading through @Travelgrrl thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...n-fall-2017-pre-trip-and-trip-report.3604591/ and making plans for the same vacation for 2018, but Paris ooh la la!!!

Ooh Japan is definitely on our travel bucket list!
I started reading @Travelgrrl trip report the other day because our trips seemed so similar! Our first time seeing the Harry Potter stuff at universal with a little Disney on the side, the best of both worlds! We have one day left of universal on Sunday, our MK day on Monday and then we fly home. Can’t believe it’s almost over!

I started reading @Travelgrrl trip report the other day because our trips seemed so similar! Our first time seeing the Harry Potter stuff at universal with a little Disney on the side, the best of both worlds! We have one day left of universal on Sunday, our MK day on Monday and then we fly home. Can’t believe it’s almost over!

Oh no!!! Well darn it have a great time! Are you going to write a trip report?

Oh no!!! Well darn it have a great time! Are you going to write a trip report?

I might! Once we’re home and I have some down time I’m sure I’ll be sad and missing all the fun we had so it might fill the void haha.

Thanks and hope the trip report is helpful!

If things go according to plan I shall be doing a quick trip to DLP in March. I was talking with a coworker and she said how sad she was she didn't get to meet Mickey and that some how her family group missed out on going to the Studios park, no idea how, it's next to Disneyland. It's like going to DLR and missing DCA. :rotfl: We can get a character breakfast with Mickey so we don't even have to queue in the park to meet him. I'm not sure if they have updated the app since Halloween because apparently you can meet the Cheshire Cat but I had read somewhere he was only for Halloween. They have a bunch of Villain's on the list so I don't want to get my hopes up too much but I shall be going for those if they are a year round thing and I should just catch Season of the Force too. :cool1:

I did want to go the first weekend of June for the FanDaze event that they are doing it looks so good but when I prices it up it was going to be £700 each for 4 nights (including 2 days and nights free or part of that offer) its just too much for us both to do and that is the end weekend for a half term holiday for UK kids so it will be busy.

For March I did cut it short by a day but its in term time and kind of off season so we should do ok with some planning (2 days, one late afternoon and evening and a morning until after lunch to do the parks) for 3 nights is £470 each, that's hotel, park tickets and Eurostar (I have one of the stations 20 minutes from my house :woohoo:) and we should get half board for free, breakfast and dinner or lunch. Both of those included Memory Maker and Express luggage (can't remember the proper name) from Eurostar to the room.

There are two sites I looked a booking on disneyparis.co.uk and disneyholidays.co.uk, the second one was cheaper and is the same layout as the WDW booking, it also lets you book with a deposit. First one you have to phone to do that. :confused3

They are always doing deals so look out for those if you do make the trip. One of the sights at least does excursion into Paris, can't speak for quality or price but would be handy to have it pre arranged. Sadly they don't offer one out to the palace of Versailles so I shall have to do a separate trip for that.

I had a look on the DIS DLP thread and it didn't seem to be the same bounty of knowledge that DLR and WDW bits of this sight are which is a shame.

I do wish I could have made it to DLP for Halloween their costumes were great (maybe one time I can do a quick trip, I have been during Halloween but they don't do many party dates and we weren't there for it). Donald dressed as Maleficent looked great.

@FoxC63 your costumes look amazing.

Last edited:
upload_2017-11-5_21-26-36.png
I believe we have come full circle on this thread, my very first one to be exact and I'm very humbled by all who participated in it and even more grateful to those who gave advice. I would be remiss if I didn't include some of their names @Cluelyss , @OhioStateBuckeye , @sherlockmiles and @FeralCatRogue . Their consistent and accurate advise has given many a wonderful vacation, I thank you all wholeheartedly.

The biggest announcement came from @IanDLBZF from MCMagic who shared news about Moana which was a huge hit with many! Thank you sir! Thank you ALL so very much for sharing photos, costume tips, trip reports and life. I'm also grateful for the loving support when my mother passed it was heart felt and deeply appreciated.

I will be back next year this time with costumes complete and a Halloween party which will be open to all! Until then take care, may God bless you and your loved ones.

Please feel free to PM me anytime, I'll be maintaining my second thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/

I hope we party again!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter