Okay I think I have our prelim plans made. We are going Nov. 1st- DH and I. First MNSSHP party ever, but WDW vets. This and MVMCP maybe be our only MK days (certainly the only time in MK at night) so our priorities are favorite rides and ToT. Would like to see Hallowishes and the parade, but staking out a good spot is not a priority, we just like the atmosphere! Characters, shopping and party specific treats have 0 priority. We are speed walkers and can navigate the parks well, so getting places quickly is not a big issue. If we get split up in a crowd, we always know where we are headed so we can meet at the destination. We will be spending the morning and lunch time at Epcot, so we will not be able to book MK FP+ until we use our 3 Epcot FP+ in the morning. We are staying at the Swan and have APs, but I really want to enter through the front gate then bypass to get the full experience! Just seems a little more festive to me :hmghost:Okay here goes:

~3:30: Arrive at MK
~3:45-4:20: Pickup wristbands, enter through bypass, snap some pics
4:30-5:30: Skipper Canteen ADR
5:40-6:00: FP+ Jungle Cruise (if available after using our 3 in Epcot)
6:05-6:35: Ride Pirates (FP+ if available??)
6:35-7:05: Hang out around the HM Magic Shot/get in line if allowed
7:05-7:15: HM Magic Shot
7:15-8:00: Ride Haunted Mansion
8:00-8:30: Liberty Square/Frontierland ToT while walking to BTMRR
8:30-9:00: Ride BTMRR (love this at night!)
9:05-9:25: Adventureland ToT
9:30-9:55: Fantasyland ToT
10:00-10:30: Hallowishes
10:35-10:55: Tomorrowland ToT
11:00-11:45: Parade (perhaps from around Tomorrowland entrance? Again being in the back is fine)
11:45 on: Just figure out what we can do in a short amount of time: Waffle at Sleepy Hollow? Space Mountain or 7DMT? Hocus Pocus show as background music? Pics on Main Street until they kick us out? My "go with the flow" DH needs a little bit of spontaneity and no plans, so I give him 15 minutes at the end:D

Thoughts are welcomed! My main question is this: what are the security lines like? Since we are at the Swan, we could easily walk to DHS, and pick up a WL/Contemporary bus or Poly/GF bus, go through security at the monorail resort we end up at and then just enter at MK...or just bus from Swan to MK and do security there? :thanks:

@Vintage princess and @Laura's Dad

Hi and :welcome: to my planning thread! Please refer to Post #991 for Itinerary Guidelines and be sure to include MNSSHP date.

All itineraries have been posted to Post #1 for easier access, so please do NOT re-post your itineraries. If you have a question or updated it just post a note and I'll take a look see.

Really nice job @Vintage princess and @Laura's Dad I'll take a look at yours soon!

Thank you so much!!! As a newbie the info and help on this thread has been invaluable! My family has talked about doing this for years and saved up for this trip for a long time, and this site is saving me from making too many rookie mistakes! I am so glad to have found the Dis and so grateful for all the help! :love:

You get a wristband when you enter MK for the party or when you go to the locations to check in if you are already in MK with a day ticket. They simply indicate to cast members you have a party ticket for that day. There are no separate wristbands for the characters they just check to make sure anyone in line for the characters has a wristband (i.e. Has a party ticket).

I know what the wristbands are. I'm asking if you can enter the line without one. Like could I get in line while my husband gets his wristband and then switch. I'm planning to get to the park around 2.

OK, working on an itinerary! This post is so helpful! :) Thank you!

Okay, time for busting people who say ^ and still don't know where Goofy is. :P

@Jays2013 Missing Party Date.

Date: Sunday, October 1st

According to Touring Plans, your party has the potential to be very busy. Your character list is long which is concerning. We'll look more into your plan soon.

Excellent job!

Nov. 1st My main question is this: what are the security lines like? Since we are at the Swan, we could easily walk to DHS, and pick up a WL/Contemporary bus or Poly/GF bus, go through security at the monorail resort we end up at and then just enter at MK...or just bus from Swan to MK and do security there? :thanks:

Nice job! I have no experience with transportation from/to the Swan. You should post this question at the Swan Thread or under Transportation Board.

I have posted the above itineraries to the Main Post - where there are links to EVERYTHING. Please do not re-post your itineraries. If you have a question or updated your plans just post a note. I know where to find you. Thanks and :welcome: to the party! Also note we have a few peeps here who will be attending the September Parties and their Itineraries have priority.

It's been my experience that CMs check for bands when you enter the line. I'd plan to have your band prior.
Agreed-and if you get in line before the cast members arrive to man the line as soon as they do arrive they will check for bands and make anyone without one leave the line (this is what occurred at the dwarves last year as they did not arrive to man the line until 10-15 min after we got there-they gave everyone already in line a Mickey lollipop in exchange for showing their party band
PJ Masks getting ready to party
Lol we have very similar costumes for our party in Oct

Nice job! I have no experience with transportation from/to the Swan. You should post this question at the Swan Thread or under Transportation Board.[/QUOTE said:
Good thinking! I was just thinking out loud and wondering if people prefer doing security at MK or before boarding the monorail at Contemp/Poly/GF when going to the party? I'll ask on the MNSSHP thread too :-)

The Main Post is currently under construction and my computer is acting funky not sure if the weather has something to do with it but I'm working on it.

EDIT: all good now!

Last edited:
UPDATE: Fair Warning

Post #1 has been updated. All itineraries are listed by month. There is also an "UNKNOWN" if you see your name there it's because you do not have a date on your itinerary.

September Itineraries have first priority as they are leaving soon. September peeps, I will be going through your itineraries starting tomorrow, please be sure you are following the guidelines. It is not necessary to color code your time frame.

4:00-4:20 FP Space Mountain 4:00-5:00
4:35-4:55
FP Big Thunder Mountain 5:00-6:00

This is the time you need to be here.
This is the time you should be done.
Keep your fastpass time on the RIGHT to avoid confusion

Use Touring Plans Crowd Prediction: http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/12/find-least-crowded-halloween-party-2017/
Allow 15/20 minutes for rides
Allow 20/25 minutes for FP Character Meet & Greets
Be sure to add 5/10/15 minutes when going from attraction to attraction.

I will not be going through itineraries that do not follow the guidelines. Thank you! :flower3:

Okay, time for busting people who say ^ and still don't know where Goofy is. :P

@Jays2013 Missing Party Date.

Oct. 31.

But I think I'll quietly back away. I did read everything, and I still don't see where Goofy is this year (beyond just Fantasyland), and I didn't really expect any "busting." I'm sorry.

Oct. 31.

But I think I'll quietly back away. I did read everything, and I still don't see where Goofy is this year (beyond just Fantasyland), and I didn't really expect any "busting." I'm sorry.

Whoa, we poke fun just for fun do not ever take it to heart. I get it now, you're looking in the Official MNSSHP Thread - that's why you can't find it.
You need to stay on my thread.

I created a Character List and that can be found on Post #6 it's called "2017 Characters to Meet" it also has a printable pdf that lists if the characters sign autographs and if photopass is available. Just scroll down until you see Tink :tinker:Pirate Goofy is located at the Barnstormer Ride. Click on this link: here

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear how tonight's party goes, especially updates on when the line starts for Moana, if she comes out any earlier, wait times, etc. I will be trying to absorb how things change with her M&G over the next month before we go so I can finalize my itinerary.

PS - I got myself an avatar image. I feel official now, lol.

@FoxC63 Are we allowed to post things during the party that we find on Twitter if it hasn't already been posted here? Not really sure I'll be able to do much of that, but just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter