I posted this in the other thread too, but I asked DD if she would rather meet Moana or get hair/makeup done at the boutique and she picked BBB! I am shocked! So, I guess if I can figure out a way to do both, great, but if not, looks like we're sticking with the boutique.

She seems to only care about meeting Mickey/Minnie and the gang and princesses. She also mentioned some Disney JR characters she would like to meet so I'll have to see if we can work that out or not. Is there anywhere to meet Pluto? She asked about him.

Were you planning on purchasing Kenny the pirate character locator? I thought you had mentioned this. Pluto can be found at the parks during regular hours like Epcot Character Spot.

One cool thing I noticed last night....

The mickeys philharmonic attraction was turned into a treat stop (two stations) and in the theater they were playing classic cartoons. I found this at 11pm at night when I was exhausted, it was raining, and I was waiting for my boys to finish on the rides! Nice place to rest. Just wanted to share this in case other folks need a retreat during the party.

One cool thing I noticed last night....

The mickeys philharmonic attraction was turned into a treat stop (two stations) and in the theater they were playing classic cartoons. I found this at 11pm at night when I was exhausted, it was raining, and I was waiting for my boys to finish on the rides! Nice place to rest. Just wanted to share this in case other folks need a retreat during the party.

Thanks for the update on it having 2 stations & playing music! How fun!

Going to the party Sept 7th, can't wait! I'm hoping to be able to watch the fireworks, move closer to see the stage show and then the second parade. Are all of these viewable from the same area? Is there somewhere I should move to in between each one? I was thinking that for the fireworks I need to be back a bit from the castle, near Caseys but for the Hocus Pocus show I would need to move towards the castle and then where to for the parade?

Going to the party Sept 7th, can't wait! I'm hoping to be able to watch the fireworks, move closer to see the stage show and then the second parade. Are all of these viewable from the same area? Is there somewhere I should move to in between each one? I was thinking that for the fireworks I need to be back a bit from the castle, near Caseys but for the Hocus Pocus show I would need to move towards the castle and then where to for the parade?

This is a bit confusing for me as well. Mickeybog actually tweeted last night about how overly congested this area was during those events. The way Disney has it set up one event after the other makes planning difficult. I cannot answer about Hocus Pocus, we tried it one year and because I'm short I had a hard time seeing it. We arrived early had our spots for the show and a man put his kid on his shoulder - omg the words I'm thinking! His wife was just as bad. I may think certain unsavory words but I certainly wouldn't say them out loud. Anyway. I think @Cluelyss would be perfect to answer.

Well, I know I updated my itinerary and all, but it may be out the window with those wait times for Moana! :crazy2:

That's the one that's causing me issues.

This is a bit confusing for me as well. Mickeybog actually tweeted last night about how overly congested this area was during those events. The way Disney has it set up one event after the other makes planning difficult. I cannot answer about Hocus Pocus, we tried it one year and because I'm short I had a hard time seeing it. We arrived early had our spots for the show and a man put his kid on his shoulder - omg the words I'm thinking! His wife was just as bad. I may think certain unsavory words but I certainly wouldn't say them out loud. Anyway. I think @Cluelyss would be perfect to answer.

This is going to be interesting to see how everyone manages. There's not much in the way of projection so if you can get a parade spot at the end of Main Street you could watch the fireworks there too. The only issue would be the show, would the Midnight one not work for you?

Oooh I hate when people do that I would have been so mad, I probably would have said something but it would be much politer than what I would be thinking too. It would have ruined the view for so many down that line of sight. If you want them on your shoulder be standing with a tree/wall or something behind you.

I went to bed as the party started and started work as it finished (UK time zone) :faint: so super tired today.

So I think I am going to loose Capt. Jack off my meet and also Belle and Gaston. That gives me time for Moana and then Genie and Jasmine and that will be my meets for the second party (Lotso as well but I don't think he will cause me as much trouble).

Need to shuffle the first party to add Goofy back in now he has a party costume. Because I want to meet the whole gang in the same costume if I can.
:surfweb:

Costume update: Almost done with Juddy Hopps although my shorts are a little tight I have 3 weeks to just loose a little bit to make that more comfortable :lmao:
gotta be doing more of this...:banana:

Belle - the sample fabric I tried to steam the creases out and it wasn't having any of it so that's going to be fun, I don't see me starting that tonight I'm too tired.

I did try and make a Minnie's witch hat to clip onto a headband to wear at her seasonal dine and I've almost done it, having problems with the ribbon going around the pointy bit, keeps poking up. I'm thinking of doing a soccer's hat too.:wizard:

Aaaaaand I think I know my Halloween window idea. The MNSSHP image of Mickey and Donald this year and the boo to you front bit of the parade. I have some glow in the dark paint and it actually works really well so going to use that, I think just draw (maybe trace because of time) and colour/paint.

Ok friends, I need some advice. After seeing wait times for characters last night, I'm wondering if we will be able to do J&S as well as the 7 Dwarfs... DD is an active kid, and DH has anxiety, so I'm not sure to lines, possibly in excess of 2 hours, will work for us.

I know this was the first party, and they tend to be busy, especially since it's August and a lot of folks are down for heir last summer visits. I only have two parties before our party on 9/7. What do you think? J&S are numero uno, but DD has been asking about the Dwarfs... thanks in advance! :disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter