The garden is entirely fenced in. The reference to the back rail is the back fence furthest away from the Castle. It's nice because most people crowd to the front and also you can rest against the rail if you don't wish to sit on the ground.
Planning on being #teambackrail in September - on the left side (if possible) when facing the castle - am i correct with remembering that the left side is a little better than the right?

We have a party of 8 going to the Tomorrowland party for MNSSHP. Do they still reserve tables or do we find our own? Will we have a table for eight or two tables for four?

We have a party of 8 going to the Tomorrowland party for MNSSHP. Do they still reserve tables or do we find our own? Will we have a table for eight or two tables for four?

We did the terrace viewing twice in the last 3 weeks. For a party of 8 I think they will have a table set up for you. As a four we were taken towards a table, but we asked to switch and were told we could pick any available table for 4.

The only way to change would be if there was another party of 8 and you arrived before them.

From what I saw, the larger tables were set back, with (most) tables for 4 being against the railing.
Not sure about Plaza viewing.

Eek I just booked the MNNSHP dessert party for a Sunday and have the regular garden terrace dessert party booked for the Saturday night (the day before).

I have to decide which to keep.

It’s our first (and probably only) trip to WDW. Which to choose?!

Eek I just booked the MNNSHP dessert party for a Sunday and have the regular garden terrace dessert party booked for the Saturday night (the day before).

I have to decide which to keep.

It’s our first (and probably only) trip to WDW. Which to choose?!

Personally wouldn't want to devote so much MNSSHP time to attending the dessert party. I'd keep the dessert party for Saturday night.

Personally wouldn't want to devote so much MNSSHP time to attending the dessert party. I'd keep the dessert party for Saturday night.
I agree. Non party nights are complete chaos for HEA. You’ll get much more value out of doing it that night than during MNSSHP.

For those of you that have done the AFTER and BEFORE parties - what's the pros and cons of doing one over the other?

On the night I am considering it, HEA is at 9:15, MK closes at 10 PM with Extra Magic Hours until Midnight.

For those of you that have done the AFTER and BEFORE parties - what's the pros and cons of doing one over the other?

On the night I am considering it, HEA is at 9:15, MK closes at 10 PM with Extra Magic Hours until Midnight.
If you qualify for EMH, I definitely wouldn’t waste that time eating desserts! It’s really all personal preference, but for us, I’d lean toward the after party on a night HEA is at close to extend my park time. Otherwise, my preference is for before so I can sneak in a few rides after HEA while the park empties out.

If you qualify for EMH, I definitely wouldn’t waste that time eating desserts! It’s really all personal preference, but for us, I’d lean toward the after party on a night HEA is at close to extend my park time. Otherwise, my preference is for before so I can sneak in a few rides after HEA while the park empties out.

Thanks. My main draw is to have a good place to watch the fireworks. I have 5 PM dinner plans at Kona Cafe and that's one of the reasons I was considering the AFTER party... I haven't done MK at the evening EMH before (only the DAH)

I currently have terrace party booked on Aug 4

MK closes at 9pm, Happily Ever After scheduled to begin at 9pm, OUAT scheduled at 945pm.

1. Can I stay in the terrace until OUAT begins and then wander out? Does that seem like a good plan? (I'm not sure where the After party is held and the timing)

2. I was thinking of changing to the After party (garden view) because of the early closing (yes I consider 9pm early). If I did this, would I miss OUAT?

Thanks for your help.

I currently have terrace party booked on Aug 4

MK closes at 9pm, Happily Ever After scheduled to begin at 9pm, OUAT scheduled at 945pm.

1. Can I stay in the terrace until OUAT begins and then wander out? Does that seem like a good plan? (I'm not sure where the After party is held and the timing)

2. I was thinking of changing to the After party (garden view) because of the early closing (yes I consider 9pm early). If I did this, would I miss OUAT?

Thanks for your help.

Your post made me realize they have OUAT scheduled 45 minutes after park closing. That is very rare/unusual. Really can’t believe those August days weren’t moved to at least 10pm (and part of me wonders if all of those times stick). But anyways...

HEA is an 18 minute show, so let’s round up to 20 just for simplicity. At the Terrace, once the show is over things are generally going to be packing up/wrapping up as the party is effectively over at that point. YMMV on if they let you or not, but I suspect sticking it out from 9:20 to 9:45pm may be stretching it a bit.

The After Party dessert area is in the upper portion of the Tomorrowland Terrace. So, you’d watch HEA, head to the dessert party area 9:20’ish where you can chill/partake in the desserts. You can then head out to watch OUAT at 9:45 if so inclined. Some may want more dessert party time, for some 20’ish mins is enough.

Does that all make sense / address your questions?

Your post made me realize they have OUAT scheduled 45 minutes after park closing. That is very rare/unusual. Really can’t believe those August days weren’t moved to at least 10pm (and part of me wonders if all of those times stick). But anyways...

HEA is an 18 minute show, so let’s round up to 20 just for simplicity. At the Terrace, once the show is over things are generally going to be packing up/wrapping up as the party is effectively over at that point. YMMV on if they let you or not, but I suspect sticking it out from 9:20 to 9:45pm may be stretching it a bit.

The After Party dessert area is in the upper portion of the Tomorrowland Terrace. So, you’d watch HEA, head to the dessert party area 9:20’ish where you can chill/partake in the desserts. You can then head out to watch OUAT at 9:45 if so inclined. Some may want more dessert party time, for some 20’ish mins is enough.

Does that all make sense / address your questions?

Yes it does. Thanks so much! I'll present the options to my crew and see what they think.

I though that the 9:45pm OUAT was strange but it is scheduled at that time from 8/4 - 8/15 (not scheduled at all on 8/8 Villains party). Most of those days are 9pm closing, except EMH Wednesdays and Villains party. Do you think that's an error not yet corrected? What time would you expect it to be on a 9pm closing?

Yes it does. Thanks so much! I'll present the options to my crew and see what they think.

I though that the 9:45pm OUAT was strange but it is scheduled at that time from 8/4 - 8/15 (not scheduled at all on 8/8 Villains party). Most of those days are 9pm closing, except EMH Wednesdays and Villains party. Do you think that's an error not yet corrected? What time would you expect it to be on a 9pm closing?

Well, it’s hard to define “normal” but normally the 9pm HEA / 9:45pm OUAT would be when the park closes at 10pm or later. If the park closes at 9pm and HEA is at HEA is at 9pm, you’d see OUAT at 8:30pm (although 9pm closings usually occur when it gets darker earlier, not in August!).

I guess it’s their intent to just run OUAT as a 45 minute post closing show, in some ways similar to how RoL and SWAGS sometimes are scheduled after park closing.

Screwy set up with such early August closings.

As an update, in case you didn’t notice, Disney just updated hours ok your day. Now a 10pm close. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter