I have to disagree with this. I’m paying a premium, which could add up to hundreds of dollars, depending on the family. I don’t want to be somewhat crowded or anywhere near crowded. That’s why your justifying the money spent. This is a classic case of trying to think of a positive spin on it, when in reality, Disney gets its money and we accept it. Even though we know it’s not right and not what we pay for

Again though, we don’t know much and it’s all assumptions.

I hope for the best, and will cancel if I feel it’s a waste of money. Disney is huge. I can find a spot somewhere. I pay for this to not be in a crowd of people on top of eachother.

I'm not spinning anything. This is just my opinion. I paid for a saved space. Nowhere was I promised wide open space or even uncrowded space. I totally understand why some may not be interested in the party. However, I am. All I want is to not have to park somewhere for an hour or longer and be able to have a good view. THAT'S what I'M paying a premium for and I don't think that by stating that I'm "spinning" anything or "justifying" anything. Each to their own. I'm actually kind of excited for the menu change and not upset at all. I DO however wish to know exactly how it'll all work and I'll be glad to hear reports from people there :))

Now I'm going to feel pressure to arrive at 7:45 on the dot so I can eat in 15 minutes so I can get over to the area before they let in the crowd showing up for the after party, only to be ushered out right after. And I don't want to reserve the after party instead because I foresee a mass of people jamming up the tables all at once because the whole group will be heading over at the same time.

I don't know why you would be ushered right out of the viewing area after? The after party will be in the Terrace, so I don't see why you would get kicked out of the garden right away.

The Plaza Garden West (orange outline) is currently open to anyone with the exception of a small roped off portion of the garden that is currently used as the viewing area associated with the CL trial Extra FP/nighttime viewing offering.

Is there a FP option for HEA viewing? I've not been since Wishes and I seem to recall a Wishes FP option that was for viewing in one of the Plaza Gardens. Is that still a thing? Or has it moved locations? I'm trying to bring myself up to speed here because we haven't watched MK fireworks in years. All these dessert party offerings and viewing areas have me intrigued.

Is there a FP option for HEA viewing? I've not been since Wishes and I seem to recall a Wishes FP option that was for viewing in one of the Plaza Gardens. Is that still a thing? Or has it moved locations? I'm trying to bring myself up to speed here because we haven't watched MK fireworks in years. All these dessert party offerings and viewing areas have me intrigued.
No, the FP area was only done for a short time back in 2015.

I do wonder how this new party will affect the Tomorrowland Terrace party. We like to hang out for a little while after the fireworks are over. Are they planning to usher all guests out & use both sides of the restaurant, or will they just "recycle" the side previously used by the Plaza Viewing guests? :confused3 Another question I'm sure nobody will have the answer to until the first party.

I'm thinking that the TT people can hang out for a while after the fireworks -- it's like the Terrace Party will combine both of the Garden parties because it will be hard to usher people out just after the fireworks -- it would seem a lot ruder than WDW usually wants to be. I actually think a lot of this is to encourage the Terrace as opposed to the Garden. I don't think they'll add to the food that's already out, but I don't think they'll be removing anyone, either.

In looking at dates throughout June and July there are plenty of nights where the website will let me book 49 people (the max allowed on the website), so these things are under-selling pretty regularly it looks like. I'd assume they're trying to fill those unused spots in the garden with After Dessert Party guests. But hopefully still keep the maximum number of spots the same as it's always been. Just some people eat dessert pre-fireworks, some post-fireworks.

In looking at dates throughout June and July there are plenty of nights where the website will let me book 49 people (the max allowed on the website), so these things are under-selling pretty regularly it looks like. I'd assume they're trying to fill those unused spots in the garden with After Dessert Party guests. But hopefully still keep the maximum number of spots the same as it's always been. Just some people eat dessert pre-fireworks, some post-fireworks.

just thinking out loud here, but are there really that many people who pass on the current dessert party offering but would book the post-fireworks dessert party? I feel like the only people considering it are people here who have already booked the current party and like the later dessert option. I hadn't given it much thought, but I definitely can't see this attracting an entire second party's worth of people...?

It used to be a really hard reservation to get back in 2014 when it was $25/$14 dollars pp.

Then in 2015, they raised the price to $49/$29 (this is when they added cheese and tablecloths).

Then $59 and now the latest price increase to $69.

One good thing about the price increases is that it has become easier and easier to reserve

But yeah, unless they are really changing up the food offerings, which is possible, I don't see how they fill a whole second party at this price

I'm going to trust @FastPasser. that he knows what he's talking about, and that Disney will not over pack the viewing area. We will see what happens. Fourth of July week will probably be the first major test of how much crowd limitation Disney is going to use.
I just spoke with a CM about a day in Sept. (9/20) She insisted that the HEA After Party is ONLY at the Terrace not at any of the Garden spots. She said you have only 3 choices, the Before Garden Viewing/Before Terrace Viewing/ and After Terrace Viewing....

I just spoke with a CM about a day in Sept. (9/20) She insisted that the HEA After Party is ONLY at the Terrace not at any of the Garden spots. She said you have only 3 choices, the Before Garden Viewing/Before Terrace Viewing/ and After Terrace Viewing....
Interesting.. why would anyone want that? Just pay 70$ for desserts...?

Interesting.. why would anyone want that? Just pay 70$ for desserts...?
I think the idea is that both before and after would be able to view fireworks together from the Terrace...is there enough space there for both parties to view together?

The CM I spoke to when I booked also said viewing was at the Terrace, but that conflicts quite a bit with what little info Disney has published so far (which specifically references Plaza Garden viewing).

Could they be breaking the levels up? One for the before party, one for the after party? Might make sense as far as having it clean and stocked for the after party.

I still think the viewing for both would be in the same garden, but breaking it up would mean less people than two parties of the same size as the current pre-party

Last edited:
I think the idea is that both before and after would be able to view fireworks together from the Terrace...is there enough space there for both parties to view together?
IMO having done it many times, no. All other info seems to say Plaza viewing though.

UPDATE FROM DISNEY TODAY

"There is a limited number of guest reservations for the new After Fireworks Dessert Party to ensure that everyone viewing fireworks from the Plaza Garden area will have plenty of space and great views that we know are so important."
I'm taking this as confirmation that the view for the After Fireworks Dessert Party is definitely in the Garden and NOT on the Terrace.

UPDATE FROM DISNEY TODAY

"There is a limited number of guest reservations for the new After Fireworks Dessert Party to ensure that everyone viewing fireworks from the Plaza Garden area will have plenty of space and great views that we know are so important."

Well that seems to answer the question as to whether the After party guests will view Fireworks from a different location...apparently everyone will view together. It appears that the After Party guests will already be in the Plaza Garden before the earlier party guests arrive. Waiting for first reports but will probably cancel since main reason for
Buying tickets was to have an uncrowded spot to view Fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter