MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Overall, this was a huge disappointment for us today. I'm not sure whether to email Guest Services about it or not, since I've been writing them quite a few "love notes" recently and don't want to seem like I am trying to extract something from them- we did ride some rides and did eat the food, so it wasn't 100% wasted money. However, the issue with sending people through the standby line for this event is a big deal to me and I am wondering whether to raise this issue with them.
Please do! A lot of this seems easily addressable and they should get the feedback. Everyone expects and deserves good bang for their buck on these paid events. Thanks for sharing your experience, just sorry it didn't go better today.

If I continue to read more reviews like the above over the next couple of weeks I will cancel.

And what is up with the honor system for the bands? What gives?

Exactly what I was thinking! Definitely explain the problem with the wrist bands in your email! I’ve heard this complaint on several different sites. Horrible that we’re paying hundreds of dollars and some people are scamming and getting it for free. Not to mention how much more crowded this must make it!

ETA: I can’t believe Disney hasn’t figured this problem out yet. I mean if they bring out a certain number of wrist bands and they’re consistently coming up short, how has this not set up any red flags?!?!

Yes please. For all of us going in near future and for your sake too .

QUOTE="SaintsManiac, post: 60371204, member: 539658"]I beg everyone who had a bad experience to write and/or call guest services! Your voice is heard and can improve the event down the road.[/QUOTE]

We were there on Sunday March 10 & it was terrible! They ran out of wristbands & wouldn’t let us go in until they got more. That is ridiculous! They should know the exact number of people to expect & have the correct number of bands! We were running late due to transportation issues so every minute mattered. We lost at least 15 minutes waiting for the bands & then PP was down. That turned out to be a blessing because we were told we could use the fp lane until 11:00 & that was basically the only ride DGS wanted to ride. But to me, running out of wristbands & making us lose 15 minutes was inexcusable.

We were there on Sunday March 10 & it was terrible! They ran out of wristbands & wouldn’t let us go in until they got more. That is ridiculous! They should know the exact number of people to expect & have the correct number of bands! We were running late due to transportation issues so every minute mattered. We lost at least 15 minutes waiting for the bands & then PP was down. That turned out to be a blessing because we were told we could use the fp lane until 11:00 & that was basically the only ride DGS wanted to ride. But to me, running out of wristbands & making us lose 15 minutes was inexcusable.

That is unacceptable!!

I would have walked right over to guest services to complain.

Anyone still in WDW should go directly to guest services and state your dissatisfaction with this event in person. They need to know what’s going on.

If this is not resolved, I will cancel.

I’ve heard this complaint on several different sites.
Really? Holy crap. You know I think the reason that Disney is allowing more and more hotels the benefits that we are supposed to get by staying on site is to make EMHs as crowded as possible. Then people will buy into a less crowded EMHs and call them EMM.

Ugh. I’m so sorry you had to deal with this! Please, please, please email and complain. There’s no excuse for the free for all between the cast member checking names, and the second CM handing out the bands. They need to know about this oversight so they can make this area more secure. The EMM guests should be kept completely separate from the PPO ADR group until after wrist bands are handed out.

Did you say anything ?

I emailed Guest Services and noted all of my concerns, including the wristband issues and how there should be more awareness being focused on respecting the time constraints for this event.

@fairygagamother that is absolutely inexcusable, you’re right. I think that it’s galling and shows a complete lack of respect for the guests’ time and money. I am wondering whether they ran out because they were giving them to people that shouldn’t have had them. Did you voice your concerns?

This has me worried. We are schedule for emm this Sunday. We did the toy story one and loved it. Wondering if I should just cancel this one save the over 200 dollars.

Last edited:
This has me worried. We are schedule for emm this Sunday. We did they toy story one and loved it. Wondering if I should just cancel this one save the over 200 dollars.

It is not normal for EMM to be chaotic. Read the reviews on page one of this thread before you make that decision.

We arrived this morning to crowds and slow cast members putting on the wristbands. Made it through the tunnels when they let us through at 745 but it was crowded and took a while to get down Main Street. It certainly wasn’t the almost empty feeling vibe I had gotten deom reviews.

We met a Cinderella and Elena, then did Peter Pan (and the queue did take forever), then 7DMT, Pooh and Teacups. It was certainly more manageable than regular hours but we did wait about 5-10 minutes for everything.

Hoping tomorrow is better at Toy Story Land!

We arrived this morning to crowds and slow cast members putting on the wristbands. Made it through the tunnels when they let us through at 745 but it was crowded and took a while to get down Main Street. It certainly wasn’t the almost empty feeling vibe I had gotten deom reviews.

We met a Cinderella and Elena, then did Peter Pan (and the queue did take forever), then 7DMT, Pooh and Teacups. It was certainly more manageable than regular hours but we did wait about 5-10 minutes for everything.

Sounds as if they are selling a lot more tickets. Ughhhhhhh

Please give a review tomorrow on Toy Story.

We were there this morning pretty early and we’re towards the front of the queue. We did Peter Pan first and twice, the Pooh, 7D (while waiting it had a delay),Pooh then 7D. We could have gone one one more time but decided to head to Tomorrowland for astroorbiters (youngest is too short for space, oldest doesn’t like thrill rides). Went for breakfast at 9:25 which was probably a little earlier than intended. This was our first so didn’t have any expectation except disappointment about not getting let in the park earlier.

I did find the ticket scanning and then wristband procedure to be slow. And then for some, they were working double lines and then others, single lines. If you were in one that acted as a double, people were coming in from behind “skipping “ you vs. the other lines.

It sounds like yesterday was unusually chaotic-we are also at DHS today and I am definitely hoping for a better experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter