MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Maybe it is a mistake. Peter Pan was closed last January when they changed to the new version and changing the breakfast venue. Is it possible it hasn’t been updated?

That thought crossed my mind as well. Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve cut/paste bad year-over-year info (ahem, MNSSHP dessert party, ahem).

But I’m somewhat certain the website verbiage at the time still had PP listed, just with an asterisk that it would be closed on certain event dates. Not totally sure about that though.

I am going to answer my own question with pure speculation:

The reason we're not seeing Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios is because they're going to give it to us for free.

When the Rise of the Resistance opens in Galaxy's Edge, they'll do the same thing they did for Smuggler's Run. We will get extra extra magic hours every day for a period of time.

Think about it; if they were going to offer it for money, they already would have. They reopened magic kingdom on 10/1 like clockwork. There is no reason why they haven't figured out a way to open it up for Hollywood Studios; even with Galaxy's Edge, they could still make it happen.

You heard it here first! Let's revisit this thread in a couple of months and tell me how right I am or how far off I was.
:)

I am going to answer my own question with pure speculation:

The reason we're not seeing Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios is because they're going to give it to us for free.

When the Rise of the Resistance opens in Galaxy's Edge, they'll do the same thing they did for Smuggler's Run. We will get extra extra magic hours every day for a period of time.

Think about it; if they were going to offer it for money, they already would have. They reopened magic kingdom on 10/1 like clockwork. There is no reason why they haven't figured out a way to open it up for Hollywood Studios; even with Galaxy's Edge, they could still make it happen.

You heard it here first! Let's revisit this thread in a couple of months and tell me how right I am or how far off I was.
:)

I'm actually thinking the opposite. With the "negative press" they're getting with crowds (or lack thereof in GE), they're going to not extend EEMH so they can give the appearance of increased crowding. And then they can announce the success of a fully realized Star Wars land based on crowd attendance and how full their two attractions are.

I also hope I'm wrong

Last edited:
I'm actually thinking the opposite. With the "negative press" they're getting with crowds (or lack thereof in GE), they're going to not extend EEMH so they can give the appearance of increased crowding. And then they can announce the success of a fully realized Star Wars land based on crowd attendance and how full their two attractions are.

I also hope I'm wrong
Yep...judging by the crowd sizes, even if due to multiple reasons, EEMH must have been, or at least felt like, a huge loss/waste.

I would guess the lack of PP is a typo. I can't think of a single reason to remove it from EMM (unless it is down... and I think it being off the list might be an artifact of when it was being refurbished)

I would guess the lack of PP is a typo. I can't think of a single reason to remove it from EMM (unless it is down... and I think it being off the list might be an artifact of when it was being refurbished)

I’m not too sure about that. If it was a typo it wouldn’t have been explicitly removed from 3 different places. Twice on the EMM description place and once on the blog post. It is very weird through the blog post has PPF picture front and center, so definitely some miscommunication going on between Disney staffers.
Anyway, I hope you’re right..

I just bought this for March and I will probably cancel is PP is not included. The fact that they haven't added it yet has me worried.

I’m not too sure about that. If it was a typo it wouldn’t have been explicitly removed from 3 different places. Twice on the EMM description place and once on the blog post. It is very weird through the blog post has PPF picture front and center, so definitely some miscommunication going on between Disney staffers.
Anyway, I hope you’re right..
I agree. If it was a typo I think they would have fixed it by now. Or at least addressed the comments in the blog post.

I know the online chat CM may not be the most knowledgeable but they told me that it was intentionally removed. She couldn't say why or if it was going to be under any refurb.

You are overestimating Disney's IT, organization and caring about small details like that. It may be intentional but it's just as possible it is an oversight because it doesn't make a ton of sense.
Perhaps. Seems unlikely that it was "accidentally" removed from multiple places on the website though. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

We've done EMM several times and PPF has always been open. I'm sure that will be the case now as well, outside of any scheduled maintenance of course.

Why are you sure? It was removed from the list of included attractions, so until Disney officially adds it back in I wouldn't count on it being open in the future.

Because people would raise hell. Its one of the two main reasons people buy MK EMM. Now it was indeed pulled out for maintenance in early 2019 and missed a few EMM dates, but unless that is happening again I would be shocked if it was not included.

Why are you sure? It was removed from the list of included attractions, so until Disney officially adds it back in I wouldn't count on it being open in the future.
the last time they had EMM before this extra extra extra extra morning magic thing, PPF was removed from the list because it was down for refurbishment. That's why it's possible that it's just an artifact eftover from the last time they ran the event. It is not unlike disney to make it consistent but the wrong way. I mean they COULD mean to remove it but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it is a pretty low overhead ride and it's right there across from small world, so it's not about separating out that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter