MK at Stage 3.5 Closing, which is a new concept

I almost think we should start a thread .... :)

:drinking1 on the DisBoards NYE

Topic Question: What do you Hate and or Love about WDW in 2013 ???

THAT would be a fun thread !

I think that this mostly quiet, mainly lurker might get banned, lol. :drinking1 = no filter.

The only problem is that we have been reading those posts for months :) .

I would love to hear from someone who was there last NYE and is there now. Is today worse? We were there last NYE and were able to get into DHS around 3 pm. We were able to ride ToT and Star Tours with FP-, easily got into Comedy Warehouse, rode Great Movie Ride with a 20 min. wait. Ate dinner at Primetime. Saw Osborne Lights and did a few more things before settling in for fireworks around 11. Seems dreamy compared to what others are experiencing today

I would love to hear from someone who was there last NYE and is there now. Is today worse? We were there last NYE and were able to get into DHS around 3 pm. We were able to ride ToT and Star Tours with FP-, easily got into Comedy Warehouse, rode Great Movie Ride with a 20 min. wait. Ate dinner at Primetime. Saw Osborne Lights and did a few more things before settling in for fireworks around 11. Seems dreamy compared to what others are experiencing today

I wasn't here last year, but don't find today horrible. Been at MK all day. Sure its packed, but I've been able to ride some rides, see some shows and have a good time. I used FP+ for space mtn and BT RR, and waited short times for some lesser attractions. I won't wait in hours long lines for any ride, so just bypassed anything that was too long. Biggest frustration is everyone staking out spots for fireworks 6+ hours in advance; what a waste of time, but now if you want a good spot, you have to follow along with the crowd.

Oh Good God people!

1) Who said they weren't following the rules? Or that they were ambiguous? Just an observation on why someone would be in a long line.

2) It's hardly bashing FP+. It is very simply how the system works (those rules that were point out). You can only FP+ one of them. The question: Why stand in line? Well, that's why. That's what happens. NOTE: It was also being asked by someone who has stated that we should stand in line and enjoy it. Well, with waits like that maybe that's why we don't like it.

3) Doesn't matter if people were there at RD or arrived at 11 am. If they were in that line, they had to be there earlier than 11 am. Point still is, it's how you end up in a long line if it is a must-do. Some of those people simply could NOT FP it, and might have had other things going on.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me because I never said anything about rules.

But, it should be obvious that FP+ has little to nothing to do with those lines today because they were like that on days like NYE before FP+ too.

Under the old FP system if you wanted to get FP for both Test Track and Soarin, you probably had to be at the park by 9 AM on a day like NYE with an 8 AM opening because by then the return time would be out past noon and by the time you could get another FP they would be out.

I was not at Epcot today, but yesterday anyone who entered at 8 AM could easily have gotten a FP for one of the two and then gone quickly to ride the other with a wait of less than 30 minutes. Anyone eligible for FP+ could have reserved one and ridden the other at open with a minimal wait.

My guess is that the vast majority of people waiting 2 hours or more for an attraction are first time or infrequent visitors who don't plan much, are not prepared for what they're going to run into on a day like NYE, and aren't familiar with how the FP system (legacy or +) works. But, they are bound and determined to do a particular attraction.

I was at EPCOT on NYE and arrived at about 6:00 p.m. These pictures look pretty close to last year. By the time I got to EPCOT, the only FP left was Living With the land. I waited over 1/2 an hour for Figment, and Nemo. I used FP for living with the land. After the fireworks, I was able to get into the single rider line for TT and get on reasonably quickly.

I wasn't here last year, but don't find today horrible. Been at MK all day. Sure its packed, but I've been able to ride some rides, see some shows and have a good time. I used FP+ for space mtn and BT RR, and waited short times for some lesser attractions. I won't wait in hours long lines for any ride, so just bypassed anything that was too long. Biggest frustration is everyone staking out spots for fireworks 6+ hours in advance; what a waste of time, but now if you want a good spot, you have to follow along with the crowd.

At EPCOT, most people staking out places for a long time, had laid out blankets in the grass in future world. In World Showcase, they had taped off 2 lanes for traffic and had CM making sure people in the "road" were moving. They also opened up several sections backstage that you could use to travel fairly quickly between FW and WS.

But, it should be obvious that FP+ has little to nothing to do with those lines today because they were like that on days like NYE before FP+ too.

Under the old FP system if you wanted to get FP for both Test Track and Soarin, you probably had to be at the park by 9 AM on a day like NYE with an 8 AM opening because by then the return time would be out past noon and by the time you could get another FP they would be out.

This is almost certainly true.

While I still hate the new FP+ in comparison to FP- ... it can't be blamed for the long lines/waits today, at the very least not in and of itself.

Its possible (as some have suggested) that WDW increased the number of FPs available in total (to deal with FP+ and legacy FP-) and if there are more FPs given out for attractions then the standby lines would be longer. However that is not a function of the system but rather a function of the number of FPs being allotted.

We walked into EPCOT w/ no lines @ 9:30 from the International Gateway on NYE; had a grand time! The crowd was festive. Of the DJs scattered throughout the world; Italy was the most impressive. My kids say EPCOT is the place to be on NYE :). We had lots if fun!! We especially liked the celebration of NYE in each time zone before the countdown.

We were back in the room at BWV by 12:20am.

We went to rope drop this morning at EPCOT in hopes to ride TT. We entered through IG; first in line and when we arrived at TT stand by was 40 minutes and the FP return time was 3:05! Yikes!! We have FP+ scheduled for MK this evening so I used my physical ticket media to pull FPs. Then walked across to Soarin and the FP return time was 11:05 so we hung out for 20 minutes and waited for the FP return time to reach 1:30; used KTTW card to pull more FPs for Soarin.

Despite rainy day, we're set for a nice afternoon and evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter