MK at Stage 3.5 Closing, which is a new concept

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
This was posted at 11:35
December 31, 11:35am - At this time, Magic Kingdom is currently at a Phase 3.5 Status.

This is a new phased status. This modified status affects admission for Guests with Magic Kingdom 1 Day park tickets.

Guests who have pre-purchased a Magic Kingdom 1 Day park ticket should be advised that the Magic Kingdom Park is full and they are welcome to visit another park.
These Guests must exchange their ticket at park entry with Guest Relations prior to entering another Theme Park.
As a reminder, Cast at Magic Kingdom Guest Relations and Ticket & Transportation Center may continue to sell Magic Kingdom 1 Day park tickets as needed for Guests already onsite.
All other Theme Parks, resorts and operating areas should suspend Magic Kingdom 1 Day park ticket sales.

This modified Phase 3.5 status includes admission for the following:

WDW Resort Guests
WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
Guests with Dining reservations
Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League (if applicable)

(*Guests from the Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green are considered part of this group in this instance. In addition, Guests from Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus are included (Best Western Lake Buena Vista, Buena Vista Palace, Doubletree Guest Suites, Hotel Royal Plaza, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, The Hilton Lake Buena Vista). Also included are Golden Oak residents as well as registered Guests of Golden Oak residents.)

Guests are being redirected to Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and coupons are being distributed.

I wonder if they give a partial refund for the difference in price between a 1 day magic kingdom ticket and a 1 day ticket to the other parks

You should check the wait times apps right now. Soarin' is at 210 minutes which makes me wonder when that park will close.

For clarification... I am reading this right? Does it say that resort guests who have purchased a Magic Kingdom 1 Day park ticket are NOT being allowed entrance at this time?

Not how I read it. It says resort guests ARE being allowed entry, regardless of ticket type or length.

You should check the wait times apps right now. Soarin' is at 210 minutes which makes me wonder when that park will close.

I can't imagine that Epcot will close. It hasn't in years and a 210 wait time for Soarin', while long is not entirely unheard of. My daughter worked there for several years and one NYE Soarin' had a 6 hour wait!

We were there this morning...just got back and it is busy but there is still alot of room to pack people into that park. Lot's of available parking too. In our lot they only parked one row of cars in each row leaving the spots behind open presumably to fill later.

Liz

Who is it that sees a standby time of 210 minutes and says, "Okay, yes, this line is for me?"

:thumbsup2 210 minutes. Why does anyone want to battle that crowd today? I don't get it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I read it as any resort guest with a 1 day ticket is allowed.

People who have prepurchased 1 day tickets who are staying offsite are being turned to the other parks and they are not selling MK one day tickets. That's how I understood it.

As a reminder, Cast at Magic Kingdom Guest Relations and Ticket & Transportation Center may continue to sell Magic Kingdom 1 Day park tickets as needed for Guests already onsite.

This is why I thought that. Guests staying on site can still purchase 1 day MK tix.

Good answer! :thumbsup2

Well, I mean, the nerve! Wanting to do the two major headliners in the park your at? Especially if you didn't buy a park hopper! Or have ADRs that you might be charged for missing if you can't get back? :rolleyes1

I understand that there is a lot of wide open space in Epcot so more can come in but what do people do? Even Ellen has a line and Imagination is at 60 minutes! I bet that the WS shops and restaurants are jammed and will only get worse. I'm not sure that continuing to let people in is providing them much of an experience.

In other words, I'll pass. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter