(Mission) Space Paranoids?

DollfieDreams

<font color=navy>...thinks riku is sexy<font color
so this morning it was all over the radio. someone else died "because of mission space" apparently it was a st.pete local woman who had unknown heart problems (or..something) and she died at the hospital the next day.

does this kind of...waver you guys away from the ride? this is the second death this year...but i dont believe its disneys fault. they had enough warnings to kill a horse.

it makes me a little aprehensive. but not enough to stop riding it. But it does make me say NO WAY to my grandfather who loves the ride but has just been diagonsed with a heart condition.

Jesus. They should start making shirts in the gift shop that said, "I survived Mission: Space".

But honestly, it doesn't affect my decision to go on it at all. Both people who died probably shouldn't have been on it in the first place. And as it's been said, they show so many warnings.

I personally don't want to ride it anyways. I know it isn't Disney's fault! Plus, there are still hour lines to ride it so..

EeyoreFan1 said:
I personally don't want to ride it anyways. I know it isn't Disney's fault! Plus, there are still hour lines to ride it so..
My mom and I have never had to wait more than 20 mintes, and we havn't used fastpass once.

Yet again we know how to do the parks and be done by like, 3pm so. :confused3

No. I'd still go on it. It definatly wasn't Disney's fault that people had died. There were tons of warnings before you go on and they told you not to go on if you had any heart problems, if your were pregnant, back problems, motion sickness, and stuff like that. They should have read the bazillion warning signs. I just feel bad that people are blaming Disney for the deaths. But I loved Mission Space when I went on it, and I am definatly going back on it this summer!

It was not Disney's fault that the woman died because they have WARNING signs but people think that they are a joke. As proved to me by my grandpa when he laughed at the sign.

Like everyone else has said, I don't think it's Disney's fault the person died. All throughout the line and even before you get into line, they have warning signs. Even if they didn't know they had a heart problem or any other ailment, they rode at their own free will knowing what could possibly happen.

I've rode Mission Space a couple times before, but I don't anymore. It's one of those rides that I come off of and have to sit for like 10 minutes because I feel sick. It's not my kind of ride anyway, so I don't feel like I'm missing out..

i absolutly love the ride. i am the only one in my family who will ride it. my aunt didnt want my cousin to ride it when she went to disney with me in february, but i took her on it anyway, she loved it.

i really don't know i went on right after it was brought in and i had the time of my life. my dad on the other hand was still recovering when we went to dinner. :confused3

***Tink*** said:
Well I've been wanting to ride that ride really bad...should I or shouldn't I?

Should! The people who went on it had heart problems and werent supposed to!

EeyoreFan1 said:
Should! The people who went on it had heart problems and werent supposed to!
Not to mention, the kid who died on it was what? Four? Someone that young shouldn't be on it to begin with. :confused3

MuNkY said:
Not to mention, the kid who died on it was what? Four? Someone that young shouldn't be on it to begin with. :confused3
Exactly! People can be such idiots!

i don't know i heard that the two that died from it had heart problems yes, but they did not know about them. don't get me wrong though i really like the ride but i don't want to go back on it b/c my dad has high blood pressure and he like could have died. can u blame me? :cheer2: i :love: tyler :cloud9:

i'm not going on it because:
when we in the mall one day, my parents ran into old friends. so they told them that we were going to disney for the first time (that was last year) and the family told us about Mission: Space. anyways, they told us that you weren't supposed to look sideways on the ride because you would get motion sick.
i am emetophobic (i have the fear of vomiting) and i'm also the kind of person who would look sideways and get sick. plus the ride would just scare the crap outta me.
& i'm not the person who would recover quickly from puking, i would be freaked out all day. i have not thrown up in close to seven years.

Babyjustrun said:
i'm not going on it because:
when we in the mall one day, my parents ran into old friends. so they told them that we were going to disney for the first time (that was last year) and the family told us about Mission: Space. anyways, they told us that you weren't supposed to look sideways on the ride because you would get motion sick.
i am emetophobic (i have the fear of vomiting) and i'm also the kind of person who would look sideways and get sick. plus the ride would just scare the crap outta me.
& i'm not the person who would recover quickly from puking, i would be freaked out all day. i have not thrown up in close to seven years.
Yeah that's one thing I drilled into my aunt and cousin's heads when we went on it. You have to look strait at the screen, or your getting sick.

well they need to think of something TO do about it. personally, i love the ride, and i know people who hate the ride. but they say all over the advertisements that its disneys "most intense ride ever". do people think theyre joking? i dont know..maybe we need an age limit or something. and technically, if they want to sue disney, theyre a bunch of idiots anyway. they ALWAYS said "if you have ANY heart problems dont ride" ....an unknown heart problem IS a heart problem. and who takes on disney and actually wins...?

DollfieDreams said:
they ALWAYS said "if you have ANY heart problems dont ride" ....an unknown heart problem IS a heart problem. and who takes on disney and actually wins...?
I don't get what you mean by this. I mean, anybody could have an unknown heart problem. Does this mean that nobody should ride it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter