Minion Mayhem potentially removing 3D

The 3D rides don't affect me, but I have family and friends that dislike so many 3D rides at UO- they get motion sickness. Maybe they've gotten similar feedback from guests?

I read on the Inside Universal forum the other week that its something to do with feedback from Guest Satisfaction surveys that kids don’t like wearing the glasses. Original rumour was that it was going on 28th April but that came and went and nothing changed.

I won’t be happy if they do get rid of 3D in Orlando but there’s not a lot you can do about it. They use the same glasses on that as they do on Transformers, Gringotts and Spidey right? Those attractions are probably gonna recycle the glasses.

It doesn’t have 3D in Japan so they’ll probably just use the preshow from that now.

Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon blast (the ride that was there before Minions - similar ride) did not have 3D and it was still pretty fun.

If they want one less 3D “kids” attraction, make it Shrek. I don’t feel the 3D is nearly as immersive as it is in Minions. Shrek feels like a film that was converted to 3D whereas Minions feels like it was designed for 3D. The actions in the film are excellent for 3D, with all the running, bouncing, wide views, and the coaster ride at the end. Perhaps they should stop making all new attractions into screen based 3D rides. Though I dislike how many screen rides there are, Minions- in 3D- is one of the best in my opinion.

Nooo!!!!! The best bit of Minion Mayhem is the pre show with the minions demonstrating the correct use of the “safety goggles”. I can’t see how they could keep that if they got rid of the 3D :(

This is my favorite part too! If I miss too much of it, I ask if we can wait for the next cycle. We always watch the other people to see who is paying attention, it’s often the Dad that is cracking up with us.

It was one of the few that gave me mild motion sickness when i last went on it. none of the other rides really effect me any. So from that aspect i don't hate the idea of losing it, but overall I agree the it jsut won't be as good in 2D. the 3D is what really makes these type of attractions great.

http://www.insideuniversal.net/2019...from-despicable-me-minion-mayhem-attractions/

Per the article, it's been removed in Hollywood and in all likelihood they'll be doing the same in Orlando sometime in the future.
That would be so sad. I bet the majority of people like the 3D, they should take a poll. I think it’s the minority who don’t enjoy 3D.

Shrek’s supposedly been on the chopping block for awhile now. They just can’t decide what to do with it.
Noooooo, I love Shrek! Always a must do when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter