Mina’s Fish House

Gruenilda

Earning My Ears
How is Mina’s Fish House for dinner? Is there a dress code? Is it easy to walk to from Aulani? I moved our reservation from Roy’s for dinner (2 adults and 2 young adults) before stargazing at the Four Seasons as an outing outside of Aulani. Anyone been?

How is Mina’s Fish House for dinner? Is there a dress code? Is it easy to walk to from Aulani? I moved our reservation from Roy’s for dinner (2 adults and 2 young adults) before stargazing at the Four Seasons as an outing outside of Aulani. Anyone been?
Mina’s is resort casual. I wore shorts and a short sleeve button shirt and flip flops no issues. Food is fantastic. My favorite place to eat and I think blows Roy’s out of the water. Walk? Ha! A few feet from Aulani. Walk to the beach turn right on the path and you will be starring Mina’s in the face.

How far in advance do you think reservations need to be made at some of these off-site restaurants? Can we wait until we get there to see how we feel about timing or should we do it a few weeks out??

Which restaurant is "nicer" of these? Longhi's, Mina's, Noe?? I'd like to go somewhere to dress up on our anniversary. Normally beach casual is fine but I'd like to bring a nice dress etc.

Last edited:

How far in advance do you think reservations need to be made at some of these off-site restaurants? Can we wait until we get there to see how we feel about timing or should we do it a few weeks out??

Which restaurant is "nicer" of these? Longhi's, Mina's, Noe?? I'd like to go somewhere to dress up on our anniversary. Normally beach casual is fine but I'd like to bring a nice dress etc.
They’re all great, but they’re different. See below!

1. Mina’s. The priciest of the bunch. Delicious fresh fish, but the portions are small, and if you add side dishes, an appetizer or two, and a couple glasses of wine, the bill will add up. Great location looking out on the beach.

2. Noe. Not on the beach, but in a beautiful tropical setting by the wedding chapel with man made streams and pools. Delicious Italian.

3. Longhi’s. On the first floor of the lobby building of the Marriott, open air, koi ponds on two sides, and the main lawn. If you go on Tuesday around 5:30, you’ll see the weekly luau on the lawn. It’s a little less pricey, but both the fish and pasta are great. Mina’s and Noe for us are both once a trip visits. We’ll go to Longhi’s multiple times.

A new player in this mix is Ama Ama. Haven’t tried it yet, and it ain’t cheap at $125 per person for a prix fixe menu, but folks seem to be liking it.

A lot are booking up 2 months in advance…

We’ve had good luck just walking over while we’re there, speaking to the hostess, and booking reservations for Mina’s 4-5 days in advance, even when there were no reservations online. They hold back availability, mostly for Four Season’s guests I’m sure, but it’s worked for us too.

That said, not a good idea to count on this, or assume it’s anywhere close to a certainty. I also make a reservation for Mina’s weeks in advance, just so I know I’ll be sure to have one. No harm in cancelling if you don’t feel like going, or you get a time you like better while there. Noe books up about a week in advance, while Longhi’s always seems to have availability a few days in advance, and even day of.

They’re all great, but they’re different. See below!

1. Mina’s. The priciest of the bunch. Delicious fresh fish, but the portions are small, and if you add side dishes, an appetizer or two, and a couple glasses of wine, the bill will add up. Great location looking out on the beach.

2. Noe. Not on the beach, but in a beautiful tropical setting by the wedding chapel with man made streams and pools. Delicious Italian.

3. Longhi’s. On the first floor of the lobby building of the Marriott, open air, koi ponds on two sides, and the main lawn. If you go on Tuesday around 5:30, you’ll see the weekly luau on the lawn. It’s a little less pricey, but both the fish and pasta are great. Mina’s and Noe for us are both once a trip visits. We’ll go to Longhi’s multiple times.

A new player in this mix is Ama Ama. Haven’t tried it yet, and it ain’t cheap at $125 per person for a prix fixe menu, but folks seem to be liking it.
We have sadly ruled out both Ama Ama and Makahiki due to Disney's pre-fixed menu BS. Makahiki was awesome the last time we went many years ago when it was a huge buffet for $45. We don't care for the limitations of the Pre-fixed style (and we never order deserts - would much prefer bigger starter selections or interesting salad choices). DH has dietary restrictions and the whole Pre-fixed thing makes it more difficult for him to order. If we're going to drop $125 pp we want a full menu.

We have sadly ruled out both Ama Ama and Makahiki due to Disney's pre-fixed menu BS. Makahiki was awesome the last time we went many years ago when it was a huge buffet for $45. We don't care for the limitations of the Pre-fixed style (and we never order deserts - would much prefer bigger starter selections or interesting salad choices). DH has dietary restrictions and the whole Pre-fixed thing makes it more difficult for him to order. If we're going to drop $125 pp we want a full menu.
Don’t blame you! We’re trying out Ama Ama mostly just because it’s something new and relatively well received, but we’re not fans of pre fixe menus as well. And we don’t order deserts either. We tried Makahiki with the set menu and, like you, won’t return. Hoping Ama Ama will be worth it, but I fear it probably won’t be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter