Millionaire

diberry

DIS Veteran
Could anyone tell me please if "Who wants to be a Millionaire - Play It" is still running in DCA?

Sorry, the game closed a while back...I forget when though. It was a great game, I won't ever remember when my mom got into the hot seat and started screaming "let my son play...he's the smart one!" :p

Anyways the only way to get a Millionaire fix is at WDW. Our DCA version has disappeared! (yet the signage is still up...)

Thank you - I thought I'd read that somewhere - my husband loved to play it at WDW!!

It was closed when we were there in March. I thought that they had briefly reopened it during the 50th celebration. I thought Meredith what-her-name did some shows from there during May/June. I guess it could have been WDW though.

Right now it can't reopen with the construction going on next door (safety issues, I am suprised they are letting the Monorail run trhough there, when Millionaire was being built they couldn't). There are talks that once Monster's Inc. opens that they will bring Millionaire back, but who knows?

Millionaire is gone and it will not likely be coming back. Construction was not the reason it closed, as it has been closed for well over a year, long before they began construction on Monsters Inc.

DCA's WWTBAM-PI! attraction closed on August 20th, 2004. I remember the date distinctly because that was the same day that I learned that I would be visiting Disneyland for the first time. When I went to DCA in November, I wore my 32,000 point shirt from WDW in honor of it.

Rob

disneychrista said:
Millionaire is gone and it will not likely be coming back. Construction was not the reason it closed, as it has been closed for well over a year, long before they began construction on Monsters Inc.
They closed it because the company that owns the rights to it wanted it closed, since then someone else bought the roights to it and they want it reopen, but they can't do it right now because of construction and they are trying to revive that part of the park.

cmwade77 said:
They closed it because the company that owns the rights to it wanted it closed, since then someone else bought the roights to it and they want it reopen, but they can't do it right now because of construction and they are trying to revive that part of the park.
If this were true why did it not close at WDW?

Also of everything I have heard about "reviving" that part of the part NOTHING about reopening Millionaire has been said.

I could be wrong, it has happened on occasion, but as far as I know you will never see Millionaire open at DCA.

disneychrista said:
...but as far as I know you will never see Millionaire open at DCA.

Never say never when it comes to Disney - need I mention the Electric Parade??? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter