Millenium Falcon ride layout with capacity?

Does the collective think Star Wars land will have a greater capacity than Avatar?
I feel like Disney underestimated the demand with Avatar, and to be honest, when the project was announced, most didn't think much of it. Yet the ride times are still incredibly long, 5 months after opening.
Toy story land should open before it, and perhaps that will spread the wealth around the park.
I would think this next generation of attractions should be able to economically accommodate more people, or that should be the goal.
If they are trying to cram more people into the park, it only makes sense to not have them waiting in lines. If you have to wait a combination of 4 hours standbay for 2 new rides in one park, that doesn't give you a lot of time to spend your money in the gift shops and restaurants.

I am sure @rteetz knows better than my but my understanding is the MF ride will be more like a motion simulator (so like Star Tours, Flight of Passage, etc.) - except you are in your self contained cockpit with the screens all around you - so, yes, like Mission Space you are with a small group in an enclosed space, but it will feel a lot different and the motion will be by moving the capsule insync with what is projected on the screens

Mission Space, in contrast, rotates the capsules very fast to create the G-force feeling - that will not happen on MF. They are only set up in that circular configuration for the loading/unloading process - so you load into your capsule and during the ride it will make it's way around the circle while they load/unload the others (so sort of like a ferris wheel)
Essentially what I would have said :)

Does the collective think Star Wars land will have a greater capacity than Avatar?
I feel like Disney underestimated the demand with Avatar, and to be honest, when the project was announced, most didn't think much of it. Yet the ride times are still incredibly long, 5 months after opening.
Toy story land should open before it, and perhaps that will spread the wealth around the park.
I would think this next generation of attractions should be able to economically accommodate more people, or that should be the goal.
If they are trying to cram more people into the park, it only makes sense to not have them waiting in lines. If you have to wait a combination of 4 hours standbay for 2 new rides in one park, that doesn't give you a lot of time to spend your money in the gift shops and restaurants.
Yes SW:GE will have a greater capacity than Pandora however it is not going to be built as high as it could have.

Yes SW:GE will have a greater capacity than Pandora however it is not going to be built as high as it could have.

I should hope so!!!

Was that in question?

Star Wars land needs to be pretty massive...if it isn't large, best start Phase:Me now...

I'm worried about trying to fit a cookie cutter land in both parks...the eastern variant should be much larger or at least more open space.

I should hope so!!!

Was that in question?

Star Wars land needs to be pretty massive...if it isn't large, best start Phase:Me now...

I'm worried about trying to fit a cookie cutter land in both parks...the eastern variant should be much larger or at least more open space.

The lack of open spaces /all the smaller "alleys" depicted in the model do have me a bit worried about how crowded and congested it may feel. The overall acreage is pretty large but might feel cramped

The other difference from Mission Space is that MS loads all the cars at one time, but the Falcon will load them one at a time.

That's what happens when you build only 1 ride that people like/want, in a park that only has like 4 other ones.

Similar layout in HS. They have to at least make both rides #1's. Cant have another FOP/Navi boat ride scenario. IMO

I know...so how bad has it really been?

I should clarify: it's more "ignore grown adults that act silly"

Now I know why I'm invisible in all aspects of life besides professionally.

On a serious note, do we know the capacity of SWL? Hell, we may need to think about the capacity of HS, period.

Fyi...I've never ignored you...just to be clear

I was being silly...to re-enforce my point:) I do have a super human power to not be seen in crowds and knocked over/into. I'm like Waldo. I also don't get brain freeze, so, I'll be a marvel character soon where I have to drink a 24oz. icee in 72 seconds, I think that's my current record..., in order to save the world.

Back to the issue at hand, I'd LOVE to hear if you think HS is ready for SW crowds, or is being exposed to too many Dragoncons clouded my judgment?

I was being silly...to re-enforce my point:) I do have a super human power to not be seen in crowds and knocked over/into. I'm like Waldo. I also don't get brain freeze, so, I'll be a marvel character soon where I have to drink a 24oz. icee in 72 seconds, I think that's my current record..., in order to save the world.

Back to the issue at hand, I'd LOVE to hear if you think HS is ready for SW crowds, or is being exposed to too many Dragoncons clouded my judgment?
I'll chime in here...NOPE. If Avatar is any basis (and as LOL will tell you, it shouldn't be), 2 rides and some "cool other stuff" (as people like to keep saying) won't be nearly enough. They should've gone 3 rides, plus a show (they could figure something for this...get Ewoks in to dance for the kids), plus expansion pads. I'm in agreement with both you and LOL that Disney probably doesn't realize what they have with this fanbase. Universal seems to realize they need to keep expanding their Potter offerings (because Muggles clearly can't get enough magic), I hope that Disney sees it quickly...or else people will only be able to see SWL via some special admit/deal where you pay $500 for two rides and blue milk.

Toy Story Land will be great but I don't know it will spread out the crowds that will come with Star Wars. According to Touring Plans, there are 21 "attractions" right now at DHS, and 62 at MK. Now many of these are shows or meet and greets or even different stations on the railroad, but that's almost 3 times the amount. DHS is only adding 4 to the roster from earlier in the year, and that doesn't account for the ones lost already (the Honey I shrunk the kids play area, the Lights Motor Action show [huge crowd eater], backlot tour) over the previous 2-3 years. If I had to guess, I'd wager an increase of 500,000 or more at DHS when SWL opens.

Last edited:
I'll chime in here...NOPE. If Avatar is any basis (and as LOL will tell you, it shouldn't be), 2 rides and some "cool other stuff" (as people like to keep saying) won't be nearly enough. They should've gone 3 rides, plus a show (they could figure something for this...get Ewoks in to dance for the kids), plus expansion pads. I'm in agreement with both you and LOL that Disney probably doesn't realize what they have with this fanbase. Universal seems to realize they need to keep expanding their Potter offerings (because Muggles clearly can't get enough magic), I hope that Disney sees it quickly...or else people will only be able to see SWL via some special admit/deal where you pay $500 for two rides and blue milk.

Pandora is lovely (those floating mountains were impressive)...but it doesn't have a rabid fan base like SW with thousands of people screaming to "take my money" - admittedly, like I am. I think it could get really interesting. Any insider insight on "the plan" and surely WDW has one, would be so appreciated.

Toy Story Land will be great but I don't know it will spread out the crowds that will come with Star Wars. According to Touring Plans, there are 21 "attractions" right now at DHS, and 62 at MK. Now many of these are shows or meet and greets or even different stations on the railroad, but that's almost 3 times the amount. DHS is only adding 4 to the roster from earlier in the year, and that doesn't account for the ones lost already (the Honey I shrunk the kids play area, the Lights Motor Action show [huge crowd eater], backlot tour) over the previous 2-3 years. If I had to guess, I'd wager an increase of 500,000 or more at DHS when SWL opens.

I think Disney does know the level of the fan base - thus the plans for the dedicated $1,000 night hotel and the fact they are building the largest expansion lands (and it is lands (as in plural) to try and split the crowds a bit ... I mean, all in it is 28 acres of Star Wars Lands)

and your $500 tickets for the rides and some blue milk drinks is most likely exactly how they plan to handle it. Heck, they already have the Star Wars package things at DHS that basically just gives you things you can do on your own or separately but for a large surcharge)

I do think Toy Story Land gives the crowds something else to do for when they can't get into SW:GE and is also why they are adding the new Mickey Ride as that should interest crowds as well

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be a hot mess when SW:GE opens - I just don't think Disney is that naive about it

That's pretty funny...I'm that dude that somehow gets overlooked and never getting served in a crowd. Like ever. I'm invisible...and let's just say I'm not "short" by any stretch.

Mutant X power.

Do I think they are equipped for a Star Wars crunch?

Not at all...neither Disneyland nor wdw. I honestly don't think OIA is...not to handle the east coast, Midwest, and Western Europe...pretty much ground zero for Star Wars fandom...

They are taking some steps I hadn't anticipated...the gondola being a big one...but the real problem here is they haven't pre-emptively built in close to 20 years...that's why the experience was pretty great and the crowds not a nuisance from 88-02..staying ahead of the crowds.

Now they're close to outgrowing their shoes and I don't think have neither the infrastructure nor manpower to handle a real boost. Like 3-5 mil additional.

If that's the case - unlike avatar - there's few recourses.

The only I can think of are:
1. Hope for a recession
2. Outprice enough people to keep it manageable.

How do you think they'd view those choices?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter