Mickey Shirt with Bleach?

I already bought some white t-shirts (I planned to tye dye but that isn't going to happen) So, what can I do that's cute, simple, pretty much fool proof for white shirts?
I love the Bleach pen idea but my shirt is aready white. I was thinking of spraying it with fabric paint then doing something with the Bleach pen.
Suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas?

I already bought some white t-shirts (I planned to tye dye but that isn't going to happen) So, what can I do that's cute, simple, pretty much fool proof for white shirts?
I love the Bleach pen idea but my shirt is aready white. I was thinking of spraying it with fabric paint then doing something with the Bleach pen.
Suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas?

Get some freezer paper and use it as a stencil. Cute out Mickey Heads and iron them onto the shirt. Bunch up the fabric (grab an area to create wrinkles) Spray with spray fabric paint. Let dry and remove the cut outs. They will be white and the rest of the shirt will have colors tye dye look. I have done this several times! (I do not like the fabric spray in cans...it clogged up on me. I use the liquid type which I think is made by Tulip.)

This thread appeared at the bottom of my screen today, and I wish I'd seen it a few days ago! (So I'm bumping it up for others.)

I just did a bleach shirt on Friday, but I didn't know about the freezer paper and used sticky Contact paper. - It wasn't quite sticky enough, and bled more than I'd planned. (I still like it, though, as I was doing several smaller Mickey heads, and it looks tie-dyed with the bleeding.) I can say that a dark pink shirt worked well as base color!

I'm in the middle of a white shirt now. I outlined Mickey heads in glow-in-dark fabric paint. (It came in a squeeze bottle, and I just traced around the same stencils I'd used on the contact paper.) I plan to add some purple fabric dye inside the lines, and I'm trying to figure out the best way. - I'm leaning toward dabbing it with a sponge.

image.jpg

These are the finished shirts I described in post #44. (I did use a small sponge inside the Mickey heads, and then a spray bottle for the speckles.)

I've done three methods so far: tye-dye, bleach, and flour/water outlining. Each are time consuming and have their pros and cons.

Tye-Dye: The ears won't be "perfect" if you're a first timer. And wear clothes you don't mind getting dye on.

Bleach: Using freezer paper, there is no end to the specific designs you can make! I went as simple as a classic Mickey and as crazy as Jack Skellington, complete with his grin. The cutting and ironing is labor intensive, but the product is absolutely wonderful for crisp designs. Word to the wise, use cardboard to separate the shirt layers. And expect holes in the future where the bleach made the fabric weak.

Flour/water: I think people are now using glue for this? I just made a thick paste and put it in a squeeze bottle. Let it dry overnight and use fabric paint (I used pump-spray bottles). I did 12 spiral Mickey heads, and Goofy and Eeyore, all the way to Cinderella's coach, complete with glitter spray. Picking off the flour mixture is a HUGE pain, but the outcome is fabulous because you can use as many or as few colors as you'd like.

I'm bumping this up, and hoping that some can repost their pics of the fabulous shirts they've done. The old Photobucket ones don't show up anymore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!