Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Question

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
This is a new ride for us - our last trip was in 2012.

Travelers are DH, DD18 & myself.

I see this ride is an ILL.
My question is - is it worth it?
I know everyone has different opinions, but I would like some opinions please. We are trying to do this trip on a budget, but I’m willing to go beyond the budget if something is really worth it.

It's a fine ride - I don't think it's worth it to pay for it if you have plenty of things to do at DHS (so, for instance, if you're just adamantly not a fan of Star Wars and/or the things like ToT/RnRC, then - maybe - but even then, that wipes out a few attractions and standing in line for MMRR should be okay).

Reactions: slo
It's a pretty awesome ride. We especially love the throw back Mickey cartoons and there were lots from those cartoons in this ride and we all loved it. Prior to all this Genie+ stuff though, we rope dropped it and were on within 10 minutes of park opening. I don't know how things are now, but we ate an early breakfast outside BCV at Ale & Compass (AWESOME CHOCOLATE WAFFLES) then walked to HS, stayed to the right at entrance and went right to this ride as soon as the park opened.

IMHO, only if you don't like getting up early to RD would I pay for this because we successfully RD'ed this ride 3 times.

Good luck and you will be pleasantly surprised with this ride because while it is technology being used elsewhere, like on Frozen, etc. it will all be new to you since your last trip in 2012.

We have done this multiple times and love it. Usually we do it at RD and can ride it 2 or 3 times with little wait. If we RD RoTR, then the wait is usually about 10-15 minutes.
Not sure I would pay for it.

Slinky Dog is really low capacity - they won't make much $$ off of ILL even if they sell it out daily.

No, not worth paying for to me. We rode it standby a month ago. It was new and I wanted to ride it so waited about 45 min. I was surprised they didn't make Slinky Dog the 2nd ILL there.
I agree as SDD generally has a much longer line than MMRR does. The many times we rode MMRR this week, I saw very few in the LL. Without a doubt, would have seen many more in a LL for SDD. Genie + for SDD was gone by mid morning every day.

I don't think it's worth the ILL cost. If you can get there early, it's not a long wait. I'm still surprised the SDD isn't the other LL for that park.

No, not worth paying for to me. We rode it standby a month ago. It was new and I wanted to ride it so waited about 45 min. I was surprised they didn't make Slinky Dog the 2nd ILL there.
I was too! I’ve been twice since the parks reopened, and both times the wait time seemed to average around 40 minutes depending on the time of day. Slinky has always and forever been ridiculously long except when we were able to rope drop it during reduced capacity.

I love Runaway Railway! I was a true Great Movie Ride fan, so I thought for sure that I'd be disappointed with MMRR. Pleasantly, I was not. But....now having stood in really extended lines for it, I won't pay for the ILL. It is the cutest, sweetest ride ever, but.... I wouldn't break the bank for it. Have a great trip!

I really like the ride, but agree with others that you shouldn’t pay for ILL$. I don’t know how much actual vs posted waits have changed since Genie came out, but over the summer/early fall the posted wait often said 45-50 mins for what was really a 30 min wait.

It’s not worth it because 1: it doesn’t cut enough of the line. you have to go to a second room where everyone is mixed and wait.

2:when the line says 30 it could be anywhere from 5-15 minutes to the merge point. When it says 45 it could be 15-20ime from this week. Need to both make plenty of money and have stuff you really want to do with that time to be worth it. Might be worth it if you were planning to max g+ and ill$ to park hop and max again, then cut entire WDW days out of your schedule to hit universal or something, but if your going to be in the parks anyway saving 10 min here or there is just a waste of money imo.

Also evenings have been walk in or close to it for Mmrr all week from about 530-6pm until close. Even rotr has been posted at 70 min from 6pm on but we ran it two separate days at 20-30min waits. The key is just learn what a long line looks like (Mmrr should just be coming out the door and around the first bend-easy on. Rotr coming out the cave and a line going around one or two bends in the open air for an easy 25-30min wait. If the ques are maxed out in the outdoor space and you need to get it done asap then it might be worth it but if it’s not a major week like this last weekend everything clears up pretty quickly after 2pm at all the parks. (Except maybe magic kingdom, didn’t have to deal with that due to boo bash and extended evenings so I can’t speak to it)

It's a very cool ride but not worth the extra money for ILL. RD it or go shortly before park closing.
We waited in line for a bit over half an hour with 3 kids in August. I will say, depending on what time of year you are going do not get in line mid day unless the wait is under 20 minutes the queue is HOT. Go early or late even if the line is longer you'll be more comfortable.

Are you staying on-site? If so, you will be able to RD MMRR 30 minutes before park open. Otherwise, you'll be behind all the resort guests that did and any of the non-resort guests that got there before you. Most go to Rise, but MMRR seems to get a fair amount at RD as well, probably because people will want avoid paying for it.

I would recommend checking out https://www.thrill-data.com/ to see wait times around when you are going to see if it is worth it. Depending on your other priorities and your touring plan, you can also check it out later in the evening. Wait times for DHS were pretty good today for example. MMRR had a 20 minute or lower posted wait from about 7 until 9.
At 7PM yesterday, MMRR had a 40 minute posted wait when the wait times for most rides were higher.

This is a new ride for us - our last trip was in 2012.

Travelers are DH, DD18 & myself.

I see this ride is an ILL.
My question is - is it worth it?
I know everyone has different opinions, but I would like some opinions please. We are trying to do this trip on a budget, but I’m willing to go beyond the budget if something is really worth it.
Depends on what else in the park is in your itinerary. If you plan to do that, Tot, Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story, Slinky Dash, Rise and Smugglers Run then yes...the ILL can be a good investment from a time savings perspective

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter