Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway + New Nighttime Shows to open January 27, 2023

Yeah, I agree. GMR was great, but it was showing its age. It either needed to be spruced up and modernized, or just gutted. MMRR is a really fun ride, so I'm not complaining.
Absolutely. I love MMRR - much better than Remy and a vast improvement on GMR.

Really happy that it will be there for our March spring break trip (first trip back to DLR in 10 years). Looking forward to seeing the castle decorations and some of the other touches. Woo!!

Given the emphasis on nighttime entertainment for the 100th, do you think there's any chance weekday fireworks and/or Fantasmic could be scheduled after January? We're going midweek in mid-April.

Given the emphasis on nighttime entertainment for the 100th, do you think there's any chance weekday fireworks and/or Fantasmic could be scheduled after January? We're going midweek in mid-April.

It's *possible.* They were able to negotiate this with the city of Anaheim for the 50th and 60th anniversary years, if I recall correctly. Although when you read the press release, it says that the fireworks will only be on "select nights", so to me, that seems to indicate Friday-Sun only, and nightly during Easter week (potentially) and then between Memorial Day and Labor day as is typical.

The castle decorations look great! I'm so excited for the "Magic Happens" parade to come back. Also curious what World of Color will be like.

Does this likely mean Mickey's Mix Magic will be showing on MLK weekend (1/13 - 1/16) and the following weekend (1/20 - 1/22)?

Made our DL plans before D23 and had no idea any of this would happen. Kind of cool that I got to go to WDW for the 50th and now will get to go to DL for this. Honestly I'm a much bigger WDW fan and was feeling bummed at not being able to go back there again. This gives me more of a reason to look forward to going to DL. I'm a bit worried about crowds though. I hope it won't be too hard to make the park reservations.

We put a deposit down (just yesterday) to go Feb 1-3. We went this time last year and wanted to go again because the crowds were low last year, and it was a very enjoyable experience. So, I guess my question is HOW busy will it be the next week during the week. So busy that it will not be enjoyable for a casual fan? I am having very mixed feelings lol.

We put a deposit down (just yesterday) to go Feb 1-3. We went this time last year and wanted to go again because the crowds were low last year, and it was a very enjoyable experience. So, I guess my question is HOW busy will it be the next week during the week. So busy that it will not be enjoyable for a casual fan? I am having very mixed feelings lol.
The reservations aren't open (and they never have given a specific number of reservations they release anyway), but I'd expect it to be busier than normal compared to previous years.... However, the busiest time is definitely going to be 1/27-1/29. All the vloggers will attempt to be there on 1/27, and if they can't get there, then they will be there in the next few days. So, I'd guess after that first weekend, it would calm down a little. And you'd be missing Ski Week, so that will lower crowds as well.

So, busier than normal for that week, but not as busy, as say, during summer.

My birthday is the 26th and we already have hotel reservations and were planning to be there 26-29. Hopefully we can actually make park reservations. This is not going to be the easy trip I thought...

Will Disneyland/CA still do these special shows during the holidays when they normally do Christmas shows? Will they do both? We went to Disneyland once during the 60th anniversary and loved it, dreaming of possibly going back towards the end of next year for this but I want to see everything 😂

Will Disneyland/CA still do these special shows during the holidays when they normally do Christmas shows? Will they do both? We went to Disneyland once during the 60th anniversary and loved it, dreaming of possibly going back towards the end of next year for this but I want to see everything 😂
Likely yes.

My birthday is the 26th and we already have hotel reservations and were planning to be there 26-29. Hopefully we can actually make park reservations. This is not going to be the easy trip I thought...
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Thought it would be less crowded and easy. I have till the end of February till we go so I'm hoping it will be ok.

Last week, I found a really great hotel deal for that weekend (using a Hilton friends & family discount), thinking I might take a birthday trip to the parks, not at all knowing that this would be announced. So now part of me is like "OH NO! CROWDS!" But the other part of me is like, "good job on that $67/night room" and I do not want to let that go.
Which hotel?

I’m guessing based on my convo with an imagineer in the dreams pavilion at the expo that they are going to do previews for MMRR and they need to figure out the allocation of reservations for previews. When WDW did previews for guardians at Epcot back in may they had to retroactively pull the reservations since if you had a preview reserved you didn’t need a reservation just valid park admission.
So if we're visiting Jan 19th-Jan 22nd, are we also going to see huge crowds?

Same feelings here.. we were going 2/13-2/16 but had to rebook for 1/30-2/2 and now I’m a little worried 😣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter