Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

I get what Disney is doing here with an apparent VQ on MMRR, but I think they’ll pivot to a MFSR like setup almost immediately and announce FPs shortly thereafter. I just can’t see it having the Obscene level of popularity required to justify this rigamarole.

If you’re going in March->May, I’d keep tabs on the FP situation constantly.

I actually think a lot of people are more excited about this ride than anything at Galaxy's Edge.

If it's going to be tier 1, they have GOT to bump another ride or two down to Tier 2!!
I, along with everyone else, agrees with you! But I am so afraid they won't bump another ride or two down to Tier 2, because I keep reading from folks in the know that all the Tier 1 rides in HS have actually kept wait times down overall, and made other Tier 1 fast passes easier to get later in the day. My last trip was during the lowest crowds on record/earliest EEMH ever this past September-so of course my experiences were fast passes weren't even needed in HS. When I go March 4 for the big opening, which was not planned and only a (happy?) coincidence, I'll comment on how things went. But I surely will be keeping an eye out for the FP situation constantly!

I don't know...i'm betting there are a lot of families with young kids absolutely waiting for a ride like this at DHS! :)

This. There is exactly one ride at DHS that doesn’t have a height restriction - Toy Story Mania. Even Alien Swirling Saucers has a (low) height restriction! TSM isn’t even great for really little kids because they have to be able to keep 3D glasses on/understand that it’s a game to get full enjoyment of it.

Will be really nice for families to have a ride that every single family member can ride and enjoy, no matter how small. The shows are great for little ones, but rides add more variety to a park day with babies and toddlers.

Our FP window opens on Sun and we are doing HS on March 6. I haven't found any info on what to do! We usually do TM for our tier 1 and then Voyage and B+B for tier 2. Without any info on whether Railway will have FP or not, it's very hard to figure out our touring order and times for FP. I also want to do RotR- so that will throw a wrench into any plan. We usually hit- voyage, Dis Jr characters, B+B, one mans dream, TM, Muppets- and now add Railway and RotR and touring through Bantau. Help!

Our FP window opens on Sun and we are doing HS on March 6. I haven't found any info on what to do! We usually do TM for our tier 1 and then Voyage and B+B for tier 2. Without any info on whether Railway will have FP or not, it's very hard to figure out our touring order and times for FP. I also want to do RotR- so that will throw a wrench into any plan. We usually hit- voyage, Dis Jr characters, B+B, one mans dream, TM, Muppets- and now add Railway and RotR and touring through Bantau. Help!
Merged you to the main MMRR thread. As of now no indication that the attraction will offer FP for the moment

Our fast pass day was today-we will be in HS on March 4-not only was there no Railway fast passes offered, we couldn't get a SDD for any time, at 60+4, and we went for this first thing!

Our fast pass day was today-we will be in HS on March 4-not only was there no Railway fast passes offered, we couldn't get a SDD for any time, at 60+4, and we went for this first thing!
We are there march 4 and 6 but our fpp day isn't til friday. Were hoping for sdd on the 6th but looks like that may not happen.

I know it’s initially annoying that every ride in HS is Tier 1 (especially for planning purposes), however I found during my trip last week it was insanely easy to get all the Tier 1 rides as additional fast passes. The only difficult one is Slinky, but I even managed to get it as an extra one night.

Shh...keep letting people think it's bad and annoying...more FP for us...:cool1:

We'll be there that same week. Just looked at DHS for March 6 and all FPs for Slinky Dog are gone for the day, sadly.
Keep tabs on park hours. If they adjust them back like they've been doing (and I bet they will), FPs will become available for the additional hours. There are SDD FPs for a few January dates available right now as they just made park hour adjustments.

Keep tabs on park hours. If they adjust them back like they've been doing (and I bet they will), FPs will become available for the additional hours. There are SDD FPs for a few January dates available right now as they just made park hour adjustments.
Meaning they are moving park opening to an earlier time than currently posted? Do you think that will still be happening in June or just March/April because of the new ride opening?

Yes, posted in a different thread, but there was no FP available for MMRR. Only other notable news was Kali River was also not available in early March because of refurb expected to last until the end of March.
I think that is a regular thing for Kali. We were there in March last year and it was down most of not all of the month.

Meaning they are moving park opening to an earlier time than currently posted? Do you think that will still be happening in June or just March/April because of the new ride opening?
It's hard to say. Disney has been making wholesale changes to the park hours in response to ROTR's popularity at intervals where they typically don't make wholesale park hours changes. I anticipate that if ROTR and/or MMRR are causing outsized crowds and require extended hours, it is likely that Disney will get wise and make a wholesale update to DHS park hours covering several months. That means you may have longer days, but no ability to leverage a schedule change to find hard-to-get FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter