Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

We're almost 60 days from the opening, and we are within 90 days for Club Level VIP FPs (which I'm booking next week for my early April trip)- so seems like we should know by now what tier Mickey's Runaway Railway will be? Sorry if this has been answered already - I did a search and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Julie
Based on what people have been saying on the CL FP forums, there isn’t any FP for MRR at this point and one post mentioned that if FP were available the CM’s would’ve known at that point. I included the link to the forum and posts on page 129 mention phone calls regarding fp with dss. But if it were to get FP I assume it will be tier 1. Hopefully they drop others to tier 2 at that point.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-program-planning-discussion.3657573/page-129

I wouldn't count on any FPs at first, then I'd assume it will be a Tier 1.

I'm not convinced it will be a tier 1 given capacity. But who knows what will really happen?

I know it’s initially annoying that every ride in HS is Tier 1 (especially for planning purposes), however I found during my trip last week it was insanely easy to get all the Tier 1 rides as additional fast passes. The only difficult one is Slinky, but I even managed to get it as an extra one night.

Assuming it will be tier 1 and they will knock Tower , Alien swirl down to tier 2
Or at least allow 2 pucks from tier one .. given that all the Good ones are in tier 1 anyway. (And none of the tier 2 selections even need FO IMHO)

That's a glaring indication that they still have much work to do in that park.

i think they could easily make things a lot better in the Tiered parks if they had FP for all the characters in structures. They could add a lot more useful FPs to the pool that way. I don’t understand why Elsa and Anna no longer have FPs. And Olaf could easily have one. True their waits aren’t that long but when you start stacking a lot of M&Gs into your plans it adds up.

The current tier system forces me into a 1/2 day at HS because no matter how much i LOVE RnR, if it's not a FP, I'm not going to stand in a 2 hour line for it ( or any other current Tier 1). The shows, though all are very good and should be seen at least once, do not need to be seen every time I go to HS. I'd rather move to another park. I honestly feel very sorry for the family that is doing a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. They stand in line FAAAAAR more than they ride, if they're committed to riding a large portion of the HS rides. JMHO, but apparently there's a reason for all this that I do not understand.

I would guess they will either do it as MFSR and not have a FP at all and just standby or they will do Boarding Groups for a while until they see what the crowd are for the ride.
My money is on boarding groups as they can control the crowds for the ride better until they get all of the bugs worked out.

I know it’s initially annoying that every ride in HS is Tier 1 (especially for planning purposes), however I found during my trip last week it was insanely easy to get all the Tier 1 rides as additional fast passes. The only difficult one is Slinky, but I even managed to get it as an extra one night.
I agree 100%. Here right now, super busy but able to get same day FP’s for everything including SDD.

I would guess they will either do it as MFSR and not have a FP at all and just standby or they will do Boarding Groups for a while until they see what the crowd are for the ride.
My money is on boarding groups as they can control the crowds for the ride better until they get all of the bugs worked out.
This may, indeed, be how it works out, but.... would someone have to choose between Boarding Groups for RotR OR MMRR? Could a person do both as Boarding Groups? And my eternal soap box....there are MANY good reasons for someone or an entire party not being able to be at the park early enough to get into a feasible boarding group (medical reasons, logistics of moving a family through space and time....etc) How can this BG system be more fair to those who cannot be a part of the thundering herd at RD? (Maybe it's time for me to get back to work....I'm thinking too much about this!):scratchin

This may, indeed, be how it works out, but.... would someone have to choose between Boarding Groups for RotR OR MMRR? Could a person do both as Boarding Groups? And my eternal soap box....there are MANY good reasons for someone or an entire party not being able to be at the park early enough to get into a feasible boarding group (medical reasons, logistics of moving a family through space and time....etc) How can this BG system be more fair to those who cannot be a part of the thundering herd at RD? (Maybe it's time for me to get back to work....I'm thinking too much about this!):scratchin

100% agree. Also the lack of advance information is infuriating. I'll be at HS Mar 5, my FP day for my trip is this Friday and it's hard to schedule a meal, Jedi training for my kids, and 3 FPs - along with potentially 2 boarding pass reservations.

If we get to ride MMRR, I'll consider it a bonus this trip, since its our first time at SWGE and we're HUGE SW fans.

The current tier system forces me into a 1/2 day at HS because no matter how much i LOVE RnR, if it's not a FP, I'm not going to stand in a 2 hour line for it ( or any other current Tier 1). The shows, though all are very good and should be seen at least once, do not need to be seen every time I go to HS. I'd rather move to another park. I honestly feel very sorry for the family that is doing a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. They stand in line FAAAAAR more than they ride, if they're committed to riding a large portion of the HS rides. JMHO, but apparently there's a reason for all this that I do not understand.
This doesn’t match my experience with the new tiers at all. We found immediate (within 10 minutes) FPs for TOT, RNR, AS2, and ones within 2 hours for TSM.

I get what Disney is doing here with an apparent VQ on MMRR, but I think they’ll pivot to a MFSR like setup almost immediately and announce FPs shortly thereafter. I just can’t see it having the Obscene level of popularity required to justify this rigamarole.

If you’re going in March->May, I’d keep tabs on the FP situation constantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter