Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

I can see how MMRR would be a mad house with bloggers and vloggers, but it surely won't compare to GE opening day (or tomorrow's RotR opening. We will be in HS on March 4, but we were not expecting everything to be overrun. Should we adjust those expectations?

My HS day is 3/5. Really want to know if there'll be new FP tiers as it would change A LOT. I'm only in the parks for 4 days, so I don't see where waiting until the 6th will thin the crowds any. Maybe TSLand will be less busy and we can RD ALL the toy story rides? Couldn't get a Slinky FP last visit.

Think there might be an earlier opening (8am) or an EMH that week because of the opening?

This is our dilemma. Right now we are planned for March 3. In a lot of ways, that seems like a good idea. People will be holding off until later in the week so that they can ride runaway. But what if it has a soft open, early? Will people flock to the park last minute and ruin my touring plans? LOL And if the goal is to ride SDD (Toy Story > Star Wars in my world), maybe March 4 would be the day to do it? :)

We also switched to March 3 now. I think I'll monitor the crowds closely on the 4th and if there is any indication that Toy Story Land will indeed be less crowded that day, we can still hop on over to DHS from Epcot. I guess we just have to see.

I can see how MMRR would be a mad house with bloggers and vloggers, but it surely won't compare to GE opening day (or tomorrow's RotR opening. We will be in HS on March 4, but we were not expecting everything to be overrun. Should we adjust those expectations?
My thought is that anyone there that week picking 1 day for HS, who hasn't been there since any of the star wars stuff opened, will pick March 4 or after in order to experience ALL the new rides... the once a decade, once a lifetime and what is a fastpass again crowds will probably do this. so even if it's just one ride that's opening, there's so much new in HS, and people trying to maximize their ticket dollars, that I would assume it will be busier on 3/4 than 3/3 say. But that's just my assumption.

Media got preview only up to the pre show room. I'm glad the interior queue looks about the same, carpet, walls and ceiling, there are now just Mickey short posters all along the way. We hit the preshow room where they show the first part of Picnic at the Park, the short that we will experience in the ride. The song is super catchy. It looks like a great addition to DHS

My wife and I are super-excited for this ride, especially considering how much we love the newer Mickey Shorts. Definitely gonna hit this one up the next time we're in HS!

When do you guys think they'll update crowd calendars? touring plans is still showing 3/4 as a 6 and the next two days as a 4, but the day before as a 7, which doesn't make sense to me? i was hoping MMRR would push people toward HS 3/4 and after so that we could visit 3/3, and i don't want to make plans for dessert party/hoop de do/harmony barber shop until i can nail down my park days!

When do you guys think they'll update crowd calendars? touring plans is still showing 3/4 as a 6 and the next two days as a 4, but the day before as a 7, which doesn't make sense to me? i was hoping MMRR would push people toward HS 3/4 and after so that we could visit 3/3, and i don't want to make plans for dessert party/hoop de do/harmony barber shop until i can nail down my park days!
Probably not until Jan 2nd. They tend to update Touringplans monthly and they already published December's

I for one am not sure that MMRR will bring a 10 (or even a 9) crowd level on opening day.

I'd make your plans now to make sure you can, and adjust them if needed. I don't know how the barbershop works but the revue and desert parties have 48 hour cancellation policies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter