Mickey’s Backyard Barbecue

Thanks for putting that together. Yes, I had seen the video of the last show a month ago. I was surprised it wasn't mentioned anywhere on here since then, but maybe it wasn't well liked??? :confused3
I'm just sad because for us it was like a "tradition," and was planning on booking for Thanksgiving dinner this year...and I doubt it will be up and running again by then! I know it's "supposed" to come back, but you never know...

Yes, you never know.

I never paid to attend a Backyard BBQ but I have stood outside the pavilion and watched all the activity going on. It looked like a great checklist activity for families with kids that like that extended character interaction (two of my three were scared of the characters - I think it was their size - and would run away and/or cry). Once I paid for a character breakfast that quickly became tear-filled and we left after eating less than one plate in the first few minutes). But I'm glad to hear it was part of your family's tradition.

I'm concerned about things disappearing and not being enhanced or replaced. I've heard it referred to as "declining by degrees". Little by little, drop by drop, things are taken away from us and not replaced. The night time parade at MK comes to mind; free Extra Magic Hours (morning and evening) replaced by $$$$$ events; the BBQ, even though it was a paid event, filled a nice niche and given a larger nearby potential customer base (once Reflections is up and running), it could be part of the entertainment/dining variety in the future.

I hope I do see them break ground sometime behind the Settlement TP for a newer/bigger/better BBQ. But since I camp in loop 100/Preferred as much as I can, I may end up moving to the Full loops back near 1600 and 1800 (lol).

Bama Ed

PS - now if they ever came to take Hoop Dee Doo Review away and retire it, I might just have to

Last edited:

I am so very glad I got to take my 3yr old niece on our last trip in summer 2017. I really feel it is best for character crazy bolder little kids and by the time we were un a position to think about the BBQ, my kids were tweens.

It was perfect for my niece and she was wild with excitement the whole time. My brother and I also loved it. We did split up from the rest of our party as it was just too expensive to take our whole group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter