Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

I'm here too :-)

(I would have been a wreck too about the key situation. Ya never stop being a mom!)

:welcome: J’aime Paris............nice to see you here again!!!

That’s so true.........I said to my friend afterwards, I know he’s an adult and would have coped with whatever, but I’m his mum and of course we worry........regardless how old they get!!

Heck my own mum still sends me “some spending money to get something nice” when we go on a trip........I’m 51......lol.......so yep, we’ll never change will we.......

Hope you enjoy reading this one.........:wave2:

There's actually a trolley lady on UK trains? Really? I fear that when I finally visit the UK some day, I'm going to find that half the things I think are cute and creative in HP are actually just everyday UK things. Perhaps that's not bad though. I am disappointed you didn't have the pumpkin pasties with your wine though. :rotfl:

I'm glad everything worked out with your son and the key.

And welcome back from your trip.

There's actually a trolley lady on UK trains? Really? I fear that when I finally visit the UK some day, I'm going to find that half the things I think are cute and creative in HP are actually just everyday UK things. Perhaps that's not bad though. I am disappointed you didn't have the pumpkin pasties with your wine though. :rotfl:

I'm glad everything worked out with your son and the key.

And welcome back from your trip.

:welcome: PrincessWithABlaster...........glad you’re here..........

Well, the trolley lady was in first class carriage.........I’m not sure it’s on the regular carriages.........I know on larger trains you can go to the buffet car if you’re not first class. But it was nice..........except when she obviously thought I was an alcoholic asking for wine so early.........lol......to be honest she didn’t look like a bundle of laughs herself!!

Never seen a pumpkin pasty in the U.K. either..........it’s just not a thing over here........same with beef and lamb casserole served in one of the potter restaurants........never heard of the two meats being mixed!

I’m also amused or maybe disappointed they serve salad with Cornish pasties in Potter restaurants .........not something you mix here......I think that’s why I’m so disappointed in the restaurants........the fish and chips aren’t chips as we know them.......that’s wedges........lol.......I’m being pedantic though as many enjoy the food served in both.

But, yes, we were glad the key was resolved........and thank you.......it is kinda nice to be home.....if only to see Kyle.........

Hope you enjoy this one though..........:wave2:

:welcome: EveDallas.........lovely to see you along for this one..........:)

Yes, not the best start to the day......but it definitely got better once we knew he was in.........and yes, the longer flight was something we had to do and yep, long as we are safe..........

Hope it’s a good one for you too..........when is it you go, I forget??

We leave November 10. I can't wait! Already dreaming about a chocolate raspberry one from Florean Fortescue - my favorite vacation treat :woohoo:

Yikes! What a stressful start to your trip with the key incident! Glad that worked out for you all!

I love how you and Tom waste no time getting to enjoy your vacation, that lounge at the airport seemed really nice with all the food and drinks :D

You flew RIGHT over my house:
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 6.45.45 AM.png
:rotfl:I hope you waved as you passed!

We leave November 10. I can't wait! Already dreaming about a chocolate raspberry one from Florean Fortescue - my favorite vacation treat :woohoo:

It`s just around the corner then!!!! It really will be here before you know it...….and then you can enjoy that ice cream...….so nice......never had the chocolate raspberry one......Tom would enjoy that I think.

I had the soft serve with strawberry this trip......it had been a while since we had ice cream from there....it is nice!!

Yikes! What a stressful start to your trip with the key incident! Glad that worked out for you all!

I love how you and Tom waste no time getting to enjoy your vacation, that lounge at the airport seemed really nice with all the food and drinks :D

You flew RIGHT over my house:
View attachment 356769
:rotfl:I hope you waved as you passed!

Didn't you see me wave to you as we flew over...……:wave2::D

Yep, soon as we arrive at that airport hotel it is vacation time...…...diet and all healthy thoughts out the window....it`s now payback time for all the indulgences!!! But so much fun at the time...…..::yes::

I'm back from my vacation now! Looking forward to reading about yours!!:)

I've never done a long plane trip- but it looks like you get very nice food & drinks and comfy seats to pass the hours!:thumbsup2

We walked out of the Immigration area and usually we go up a set of escalators that are right in front of us......we see they are blocked off and we have to walk a little further round and use other ones to the rear......of course with all the work going on in MCO nothing surprises us anymore...….but it takes us to the same place.....and on to the people mover....or mini monorail as many call it. This is the best way to travel on this thing. Going the other way is never fun.

It is practically deserted today for a change and we have a compartment to ourselves...….as we listen to the Mayor of Orlando speak to us......literally seconds later we are getting off and heading down to the escalators to take us down to rental car area.

Again we used Alamo. And probably paid more than we should have for an elite SUV.....we knew we would have to enjoy whatever car we got as we had been spoiled by the fun to drive Maserati last time. There was no line when we got there and I always look at the staff and think I hope we get that one, or hope we don't get that one…….and we got the one I didn't want. Of course.

We had prepaid, arranged all the insurances we needed, got the fuel arrangement we like and really there was no need for any discussion...….but she was surprisingly pleasant. We also never, ever upgrade......usually :rolleyes1 In July it had cost us very little in the end to get the Maserati on top of what we had already paid.....but that had been only for 7 nights. This was 19 nights so we didn't expect any favours.

When she mentioned did we want to upgrade to something economical we do tend to snigger a little. Our fuel costs are a lot higher than the States.....so we tell them we could take the biggest gas guzzling monster they have and we`d still be spending a fraction of what we pay back home. So we asked if they had the Maserati.....she said yes they did and proceeded to give us the most ridiculous price......considering we had already paid $650 which we thought was a decent price for our length of stay...….she wanted to add on another $1,200 for the upgrade......we did laugh at that. It just goes to show how they really chance their luck with upgrade costs......we eventually agreed to pay another $500???? I think that was the price we ended up paying.....so we said ok and yay....we got the Maserati again. We just hoped it was the black one as it looked so much better than the white one.

Happy we had the fun car again, we wandered over and again, experienced the first big blast of heat as we exited the airport...….we love this part!

And boy was it hot...…..we always say we are used to the heat, and for the most part we are. But this felt oppressive. But, who cares, we are in Orlando.

The car was ready and waiting for us as we stepped in to the stifling parking garage. We were handed the fob and we loaded our cases into the trunk....Tom adjusted the seats and mirrors after making sure the aircon was on as high as possible.....we did like this car. We set off and were soon on our way out of the airport and sweeping our way along the exit roads that are so familiar to us. Although we still follow the instructions of what exit to take.....just in case we end up on the wrong road...….it has been known for us to take the wrong roads on occasions.

Everything is familiar. We go through the toll and have the happiest lady on earth working the one we went through...….she was a joy and was certainly a lovely welcome to Orlando. As always we turn off at Universal Boulevard...….and we head up past the Orlando Eye and the Starflyer………

i-NkTbkSF-XL.jpg

Always a sight to see.

Once we got further up we spot Doom, RRR and the Potter Castle......then the hotels and we know we are almost there...…...we joke to remember to pull into RP and not drive on to Sapphire today......something I was sure we`d do at some point on this trip. We do pull into the parking lot and it`s not too busy for a Thursday night. I was sure it would fill up over the weekend with HHN starting but for tonight we were parked right at the top next to the exit gate.

We unloaded the cases and felt the immense heat...….wondered if this was just an incredibly hot night. It did feel like there was going to be a storm coming though at the same time. But for now it was dry and we wandered the short walk to the incredibly welcoming lobby...….well, it feels welcoming to us...…

The young lady at check in is someone we don't know at all...…...and she was very nice and said our room was ready and it was our usual room. Always a pleasure to hear that. And she gives us our room keys and I am looking around as it feels so good to be back again. She tells us our friend isn't around right now, we tell her we`ll catch him again. And we set off to our room.

The hotel feels quiet...…...I`m sure it`s not. But we get to our room and let ourselves in to what will be our home for the next 15 nights...….and we see this....

i-wR9fGSB-XL.jpg

i-w8kM67g-XL.jpg

i-FwZqXQz-XL.jpg

i-9DZBfpb-XL.jpg

This was a lovely surprise again...…….the first picture is a bit dark, but you can see the Happy Birthday Banner over the window...….very nice to come into that......and the icing was purple again......someone has a good memory!!! We would have loved the champagne right now, but it would have went straight to our heads.....long day!!!

We freshened up slightly and headed down to Jake`s for our customary first meal of the trip...….we were fairly hungry right now...…but of course, still had to take the obligatory room pictures...…

i-k5P5LCh-XL.jpg

i-mCJGhXh-XL.jpg

i-hJX66hv-XL.jpg

i-jCJ4wnr-XL.jpg

i-WRb9jrM-XL.jpg

I love the view from this room, and the sunset was about perfect tonight...……

i-Z7MZJWR-XL.jpg

We headed down and decided to go towards the Temporary Club Lounge which was in the Private Dining Area of Islands Dining room while the renovation was going on upstairs in the real lounge. We saw there was a couple of the staff we knew and one we always joke we have seen him grow up since he was about 6....we have known him a long time......he is lovely and almost like a second son to us!!! We have some hugs and we see someone we don't know......we had missed meeting her in July as she was so busy, but she knew who we were...….lol...….she sprung out of her chair proclaiming I must be Carole...….I was wowed she knew us...…..told us she had heard a lot of good things about us...…..that's always nice to hear...….but it was so nice to meet her and we knew we would like her a lot. And she is perfect for the job she was doing. So, we chatted a little longer, said we would see them soon and then headed into Jake`s for food...……

We like Jake`s. It has always been a constant favourite of ours over the years. Food is good and service has always been impeccable. We get seated and our waiter is Pong who we have had many times...…...we first order a Royal Pacific Sunset for me and Tom opts for a Bud......at this point Pong smiles and said he remembers us having the volcano bowl last year as he melted our straws with the flame in the middle...…..lol.....he was right....I wouldn't have mentioned it of course, but it was fine as he did. He said he was teased mercilessly by the then manager Elijah who was a sweetheart!! So we had a good giggle about that and he asked if that was my favourite cocktail as I tend to order it in there...…..I said it wasn't my favourite but it was up there...…….he went off to make them and they were soon delivered...…..and very welcome they were too...…….

i-9n2k3HR-XL.jpg

I don't think I have a picture of Tom in here...….we really weren't feeling taking pictures tonight...…..but, at that point we noticed the rain was now bouncing down and thunder and lightning had started......it was a mega storm!!! Usually we go outside under shelter to watch but we were tired......so we sat and watched from our table and listened to the thunder...…...Tom however was fiddling with the camera...…..

I had brought my laptop out to send our friend an email to say we were sorry to have missed him tonight...….we would see him soon as possible.

i-cGLqtnC-XL.jpg

I had just pressed send when he appeared at our back!!!! We were over the moon to see him still there tonight.....huge hugs all round and just a general happiness to see him. He is incredibly busy and we are always gratified and delighted whenever we see him...…..he sat down and we had a good old catch up and I laughed and said I had only seconds ago sent him an email...…...Tom told him our vacation can begin now as Tom always say it never starts till Carole sees him, he really is the nicest man on the planet!!! And I`m wide awake now...……::yes::

We chat for ages and eventually he is setting off for home...…...we tell him we`ll see him soon...….and at that he left. But, we were happy to have seen him tonight.

We had ordered a pizza and hot wings between us, added jalapeno to the pizza of course...…..we didn't take a picture as we forgot. Well, there was a third left of the pizza and two wings left when we remembered...…..not the best looking picture. But it was lovely...….we just couldn't finish it...…..we did however have another beer and cocktail and we sat and watched the still falling rain.

We pay the check and head up to our room...….we are really tired now, but had managed to stay awake till now which was 10.15pm......really 3.15am for us...….but Tom wanted cake......so we decided to cut it tonight and enjoy a slice even though really we were too full...…..but good cake is hard to resist.

i-dTDxjX5-XL.jpg

i-C49sX8f-XL.jpg

i-gkVhdDK-XL.jpg

It was beautiful...….and very moreish...…..the slice cut out above we shared between us...…..then we put the rest in the fridge and that would be enjoyed over the next day or so. The one last year stayed fresh for quite a time, so I was sure this one would be the same.

Quick shower and into bed......finally......I don't think we would have heard anything if the hotel fell around us tonight…..we had now been awake around 23 hours and it showed...…..we both looked beyond shattered...……

But, as always, I kept the drapes open a little so I could see Dr Doom shine purple in the distance as I fell asleep. We didn't even say goodnight to each other.

Welcome home :hug:

I'm back from my vacation now! Looking forward to reading about yours!!:)

I've never done a long plane trip- but it looks like you get very nice food & drinks and comfy seats to pass the hours!:thumbsup2

Thanks Patty...….

We really don't mind the flights, I think the thought of them is worse than the actual flight itself. The food isn't bad......compared to maybe years ago when it was truly dreadful...….but, as long as the carrier gets us there safe, I`m happy...…..and it does pass quickly for the most part :)

Yay :cheer2: thanks for posting your arrival day today...I have the post trip blues and your reports always make me smile :goodvibes

Love the cake...what a wonderful welcome home :cake:

:flower1:What a lovely surprise- another fabulous trip report from Carole!! As you know one of my favourite parts - is the travel itinerary and pictures before you depart ( lots of excitement on this one) and on the flight over- you didn’t disappoint!!! Thank you. I was just re- reading your last trip report a few weeks ago and was chuckling to myself that your two least favourite luxury vehicles are the two my husband and I drive. Oh well.......:P

Looking forward to reading about your latest adventure with Tom.

Happy belated Birthday :bday:

Brenda :flower:

Yay :cheer2: thanks for posting your arrival day today...I have the post trip blues and your reports always make me smile :goodvibes

Love the cake...what a wonderful welcome home :cake:

Thanks Vicki........I should post it’s been updated in the title.........

Post trip blues are the worst!

The cake was lovely, yep, very thoughtful and kind.........and tasty!!!

Just a bit late for the real TR!
For some reason I had a picture in my mind of Kyle trying to climb in a window at home and having the police come and arrest him for breaking and entering so it's a good thing you got a key to him.:rotfl:
I love the train. We have several scenic train rides where I live. If you ever get the chance in the US, try to take one of the Pacific Coast train rides!
Totally AMAZING!:thumbsup2
Happy belated Birthday!:cake:

:flower1:What a lovely surprise- another fabulous trip report from Carole!! As you know one of my favourite parts - is the travel itinerary and pictures before you depart ( lots of excitement on this one) and on the flight over- you didn’t disappoint!!! Thank you. I was just re- reading your last trip report a few weeks ago and was chuckling to myself that your two least favourite luxury vehicles are the two my husband and I drive. Oh well.......:P

Brenda :flower:

Thanks Brenda.......my birthday seems a long way back now! Yes, that was a lovely surprise.......

We did have a bit of excitement to start, but thankfully it was sorted and we did enjoy the day.......I love travel day details too....I have a couple of friends who detest travel day and can’t understand why we love it so much......lol.....it’s very much part of our trip......journey home however, not so much!!!

Oops!!!! Would that be BMW and Audi :duck:I’m sure yours are wonderful :D

Glad you’re still reading along.....seems a while since I started this one.......:wave2:

Fantastic surprises for you and Tom

It’s exciting to be remembered by the staff

The hotel has thoughtful employees and does the hotel proud

How long did it take to finish your birthday cake?

Thanks mac.........it really was lovely to see that when we went in the room.......

We checked in Thursday evening......and it was gone by Sunday, maybe lunchtime........I think the cake fairy may have helped a little........::yes::

It was incredibly light!!

Just a bit late for the real TR!
For some reason I had a picture in my mind of Kyle trying to climb in a window at home and having the police come and arrest him for breaking and entering so it's a good thing you got a key to him.:rotfl:
I love the train. We have several scenic train rides where I live. If you ever get the chance in the US, try to take one of the Pacific Coast train rides!
Totally AMAZING!:thumbsup2
Happy belated Birthday!:cake:

Lol.......not quite as dramatic........funnily enough we have a perimeter protection alarm system, so if anyone even bashes the window it goes off, better than waiting till a burglar is inside............but, yes, would have been quite the image!!!

We do love the train, not the regular day to day train, but the ones you describe sound idyllic.......we keep saying “one day”

Always fancied the train to Vermont and maybe Canada too at some point.........there’s so much choice in the USA for a variety of scenery and climates.........does sound lovely though! Have you ever done that route on the train......I fear Tom would get a bit bored........me, not so much..........

And thank you for the birthday wishes.........:wave2:

Brenda :flower:[/QUOTE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter