Mice Chat Reporting Disneyland Hard Ticket Christmas Parties

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
Has this been posted here yet? Micechat shared in their Sunday weekly blog update "But Halloween isn’t the only holiday Disneyland is prepping for. Work is underway to produce Disneyland’s first special-ticket Christmas party for this year. And if all goes well, we should be hearing official news of that very soon."

i can post the link if that site is allowed here. I'm shocked to hear this. Can anyone share what they know?

I wonder if this is causing the delay for the announcement of their holiday plans — usually, it is out by late July. If they have to tweak operating schedules, it’s gonna be chaos.

I moved my DVC points to 2022 and will plan my fall visits once they drop the news—I want to know either way!

If we’re speculating, I’m gonna speculate that it’ll look just like OBB. DCA, holiday themed parade, dinner/dessert party, the challenge trail will be some kind of “winter wonderland” walkthrough, and the treat trails will have Christmas-y characters and treats (candy canes, red & green m&m’s, etc).

If we’re speculating, I’m gonna speculate that it’ll look just like OBB. DCA, holiday themed parade, dinner/dessert party, the challenge trail will be some kind of “winter wonderland” walkthrough, and the treat trails will have Christmas-y characters and treats (candy canes, red & green m&m’s, etc).

Now this I could get behind, if it has to happen. Just don't make it at Disneyland!

We'll be there Thanksgiving week and usually crowds don't phase us but throwing parties in the mix instantly stresses me out...

I don't like the idea Whenever we go in December, we always get a couple of very windy days when the fireworks are cancelled. The firworks are my favorite thing about Christmas. We always start trying to see them the first day in case they get cancelled other days. If we have to buy a ticket to see them ( I realize this would not be the only aspect of the Christmas party) I will be very disappointed if they happen to be cancelled that night And I am not going to buy a ticket every night- too expensive- plus I dont think they will have the event every night. So really hoping this won't happen, we will see I guess.

I believe WDW did one one year where it was a cookie themed "trail/hunt" you had to follow clues and find the location and answer a riddle and you got a christmas cookie. A whole bunch of different flavors and shapes

The problem is that with WOC broken over there and no time to stage an entirely new parade… what’s the entertainment option? Are we sending ACF over to DCA and making it party-only?

We won’t be ok. 😭

EF02917E-84B6-4F8D-8638-C62C398B4D53.jpeg

The problem is that with WOC broken over there and no time to stage an entirely new parade… what’s the entertainment option? Are we sending ACF over to DCA and making it party-only?

I would imagine that's exactly what they would do. Why offer it all for free when you can charge like WDW always has? I am so salty about this so right there with ya.

Better set some moola aside for our Nov trip in case this comes out of left field. If it's at DCA, I can keep an open mind. I've never done any kind of ticketed event and I know so many people love them so maybe we would too.

We won’t be ok. 😭
I’d guess for a DCA parade they’ll use the floats/stuff they used for the Festival of Holidays parade.

Attachments

• F5C30BB9-EADF-4F89-9B2E-7A2C0199E835.jpeg
    F5C30BB9-EADF-4F89-9B2E-7A2C0199E835.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 13
  • EF3F8B51-2219-469A-97F4-45D40ABCD611.jpeg
    EF3F8B51-2219-469A-97F4-45D40ABCD611.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 12
I’d guess for a DCA parade they’ll use the floats/stuff they used for the Festival of Holidays parade.
Viva Navidad is a gem, but it’s not really parade-ish. It’s just one float that only faces one side of the street, and then the giant Santa and Mrs. Claus.

It’s definitely not a marquee entertainment offering that would anchor a holiday party.

Viva Navidad is a gem, but it’s not really parade-ish. It’s just one float that only faces one side of the street, and then the giant Santa and Mrs. Claus.

It’s definitely not a marquee entertainment offering that would anchor a holiday party.
Decorate the Five & Dime vehicle, add some Christmas greenery to the Toy Story Army Men vehicle, throw them in with Viva Navidad, call it Mickey’s Christmas Cavalcade, and charge $89 for a Holiday Dessert Package with premium seating, and they got themselves a budget friendly (to Disney) experience that’ll sell out every night!

I’m not saying I hope I’m right! I hope I’m wrong and we’re blown away by something new and magical… instead of something thrown together to make a buck. 🤷‍♂️

Decorate the Five & Dime vehicle, add some Christmas greenery to the Toy Story Army Men vehicle, throw them in with Viva Navidad, call it Mickey’s Christmas Cavalcade, and charge $89 for a Holiday Dessert Package with premium seating, and they got themselves a budget friendly (to Disney) experience that’ll sell out every night!

I’m not saying I hope I’m right! I hope I’m wrong and we’re blown away by something new and magical… instead of something thrown together to make a buck. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t actually care if they do something like that. If they advertise whatever-it-is and people want to go - cool!

But my concern is that they won’t “throw something together.” They’ll cannibalize what they already offer and make it party-exclusive.

“Halloween Screams” started as the regular firework show, available to anyone, and then they made it party-only until the party moved over to DCA. That is the sort of thing I’m worried about.

I guess I’m the only one excited about this. 😆 My friend and I will for sure be going if one happens during our trip.

Haha not the only one../slowly raises hand

I think part of it though is that WDW has 4 parks where DLR has 2 , so when you close one early the other gets much busier. IN WDW you also have Disney springs which is massive and kind of helps spread people out also. The christmas party or event is the one special ticket event I haven't been to , though during covid times ewnded up spending much more time on the west coast so had planned to attend it there too. So I'm cautiously excited for this news. I've heard rumblings they've been thinking od doing a holiday event here for years and there is a market for it.

“Halloween Screams” started as the regular firework show, available to anyone, and then they made it party-only until the party moved over to DCA. That is the sort of thing I’m worried about.

Exactly. If they just take everything that was previously offered and slap a party ticket on it then that's pretty tacky. Now if it's an entirely new thing with new entertainment that would be great.

Just don't put a paywall in front the same parade and fireworks we've gotten every holiday for no additional cost- that's what I would be unhappy about.

Last edited:
Exactly. If they just take everything that was previously offered for and slap a party ticket on it then that's pretty tacky. Now if it's an entirely new thing with new entertainment that would be great.

Just don't put a paywall in front the same parade and fireworks we've gotten every holiday for no additional cost- that's what I would be unhappy about.
💯

Exactly. If they just take everything that was previously offered for and slap a party ticket on it then that's pretty tacky. Now if it's an entirely new thing with new entertainment that would be great.

Okay this never occurred to me as something they might do. I assumed it would be new offerings. So I guess we wait and see if the rumor is even true, and what the offerings are and go from there! Crossing my fingers for something new. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter