Mermaid School review?

Emmagic7

Earning My Ears
I’m looking for reviews on the new mermaid school. Has anyone done this? I’ve signed my daughter up to do it in September at Art of Animation. I’d love to have some feedback if it is worth doing and what they do in the class. Thanks

I've only seen the videos, but would also love to hear about it! We are planning a family trip in December and was thinking about signing my three youngest up.

Bumping this thread because I'd love to read a review of this as well. Anyone tried Mermaid School out yet?

Have booked this for Aug at YC. Has anyone done it yet? Would love to hear a review.

We have bought our daughter a mermaid tail and fin. Im wondering if she will be able to try it out at the quite/ small pools at YC, Poly or OKW where we are staying this summer?

I just heard of this in a DFB video. Need a review! :-)
ETA: Can anyone say the different days for each resort? Per a June 20 call, I was told that AoA is Sunday and Thursday. So what days are YC and CBR?

Last edited:
Hope you report back on your experience!

Yes i will do.
This is the link for the thread;

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...info-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/page-1476
Cluelyss reported “My daughter just did it yesterday and loved every minute of it! There were 8 in her class (not sure if it was “full” but was the perfect size for plenty of individual instruction). Kids ranged in ages from probably 6-12 and should be a decent swimmer as the fins are not easy to maneuver! They got to do several “tricks” like swimming through hoops and you have the option at the end to purchase (or order) your own tail. The class takes place in the pirate slide pool, which was was the only downfall, as I think it would have been better for them to have more room to move around. At the end they had “free swim” and it was a bit crowded with 8 tails swimming about! Happy to answer any additional questions you have!

My niece did this at CBR on June 12, they offer the school on Wednesday and Friday I believe. The girls in her class were probably in the 5-14 year range and level of swim proficiency was pretty wide as well, with some of the girls wearing life jackets. The class is conducted in a shallow area of the pool so everyone can stand up, and with 8 girls in her class the swim area didn’t seem very crowded during the free swim. There is a lifeguard on duty during the entire class and we had 2 instructors during the session. It was definitely worth the money and one of her favorite experiences on the trip. They offer the tails for sale with a discount at the end of the class. We were told that Disney does not allow guests to swim with them in their pools outside of the classes though.

I would love to know the cost of the photo package if anyone has any information on that. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter