Memory Book

JudithM

DIS Veteran
Have you ever done a scrapbook of memories about someone who is no longer with us? I just completed my second sb memory book.

The first one was my very first scrapbook, & the person & his family were Disneyholics. I knew these folks & have been to WDW with them, so it was easy to do.

This second book was about a colleague's sister I had only met a couple of times. I gathered some stories from some siblings & other family members & friends. We attended a family picnic gathering of this family last weekend. I quietly presented the book to the sister's husband & two sons (in their early thirties). Early on I questioned spending money on a good scrapbook & accessories for someone I hardly knew, but when I saw their faces, it made the whole scrapbook sssoooo worth while. They were very touched by not only what they saw inside, but by my time & effort to put this together.

I used an 8.5" x 11" album mostly full of stories & a few photos. If you ever think about doing something like this for someone, please don't hesitate. Both memory albums were greatly appreciated.

My grandmother passed away in September and instead of one of those vistor sign in books at the viewing I used a 12x12 CM book with a few lined pages. For each lined page I put pictures on the opposite side, of her life, my mom, her 4 grandkids and 11 great-grandkids. It became a nice "ice breaker" (for lack of a better word) as people entered the viewing. After I put a copy of the eurlogy, prayers, cards and notes people wrote us. It brought a lot of comfort to people and in return my mom has a somthing to look at when her greiving becomes difficult. I did however work all night long on it but I wasn't able to sleep and it really brought closer to me. It was a true labor of love for my grandmothers memory.

Wow - Those all sound wonderful.

I am doing to special albums for my sisters this christmas. My DM gave us all some photos of when we were little and I am going to take the pictures I received and make a childhood memory book from the big sister's perspective in a loving and fun way.

Laura
A scrapaholic

Julianne, what a nice idea during a sad time for your family. I bet it is bittersweet to go through it now. And what a nice keepsake for the grandchildren & great-grandchildren to know that grandparent.

The grandchildren was part of waht motivated me for both books. One of my grandmothers passed away when I was six years old. My grandfather always said I would be the only grandchild to remember her. The other grandchildren were toddlers & babies.

Laura, how nice to do these books for your sisters now while you all can share, discuss & laugh over the memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter