Member lounge- Epcot

I gotta say - these stories are sad. Lol.

I was thinking if they have a desk they should put in a soft serve station and hand out cones. THEN I'd be jealous I wasn't direct.
Again, I can just see a member not using the cone, but filling a refillable mug or even a Big Gulp cup with soft serve ice cream. Or multiple cups.

Again, I can just see a member not using the cone, but filling a refillable mug or even a Big Gulp cup with soft serve ice cream. Or multiple cups.

That's why I said behind the desk. ;) One cone per person. Someone is waiting there anyway.

I suppose when you spend $30,000 on a timeshare, you feel like they owe you a little something. And if cheese its are what is on offer, cheese its it'll be. lol.

They need to put these lounges in all the theme parks and water parks and offer free alcohol. Then they'll see some movement on direct sales.
Now that is a great idea.... I work for a non-airline company - we are building lounges into larger airports to drive loyalty and increase benefits, and that strategy is working as we continue to add them. In terms of driving direct sales - Not sure - I guess it depends how many 1st time buyers do resale vs direct, but it would add value to the direct sales. Of course they are essentially doing something similar with the Club 33's at this point, but that is a separate very expensive option. And servicing alcohol - I would doubt - they would much prefer we pay for our alcohol in the parks.

In terms of driving direct sales - Not sure - I guess it depends how many 1st time buyers do resale vs direct, but it would add value to the direct sales

Don't forget that that is the sole purpose that lounge is there. If the bean counters didn't see a ROI on it, it would be closed immediately ("based on member feedback", of course).

Don't forget that that is the sole purpose that lounge is there. If the bean counters didn't see a ROI on it, it would be closed immediately ("based on member feedback", of course).
I agree with you - we will know what the bean counters think - if the expand concepts to new parks it is good for Disney - if they keep status quo - they are not sure or if they close it - then they don’t see the added value..

Changing the subject a bit, can anybody remind me how many non-DVC people you can bring in with you? Immediate family only, or are other relatives/friends allowed?

We have been in the lounge on the last few trips. It is very nice to get out of the sun and crowds and cool off with a drink for a bit. We will be disappointed if/when this lounge is not renewed. Yes, there are other places to cool off, but this one limits the crowds and has been a nice oasis. I may be full of rainbows and pixie dust, but it never occurred to me not to enjoy the place because I wasn't offered a free snack while I was there drinking the free drinks...

I wasn't overly impressed with the lounge. I think its because we always stay at the BWV & if I want to "lounge" I'll just walk back to my villa and\or the pool - with a visit to Ample Hills on the way back :)

Now if they had them in MK or AK - I'd be in heaven. Sometimes, you just need a waiting place in between fast passes......

They definitely need one at MK. It's getting so crowded there, it's hard to just pull off to the side and not get in someone's way! It'd be so nice to just have a place to relax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter