• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Meeting place at MCO

ThingOneThingTwo

Earning My Ears
We're flying into MCO on Virgin, so it's terminal B and we want to meet up with some people who're coming in on another Virgin flight, also terminal B.

Our flights are within 20 mins of each other (fingers crossed!) - so when we've cleared customs, immigration, got our bags etc where's a good, easy to find place to meet up? (Preferably near to Dollar car rental as that'll be our next stop).

We'll have mobiles, but want to have a meeting place in mind, just in case!

TIA

What about outside the KSC shop just before you go down stairs?

There's a large seating area opposite the car rental desks on level 1. I'll see if I can find a photo.

ETA: Sorry, I can't find a photo, but it's pretty hard to miss!

Hi,
We are meeting friends the second day of our trip and agreed to meet near the Dollar car rental desk as it easy to locate even if you have to ask for directions. Hope the op doesn't mind me asking here but is the short stay car park at the airport easy to locate?

Mick.

:cool2:

There is no short stay car park at Orlando International. The main parking garages are labeled as A and B and you use the one closest to the terminal side that you need, A or B. The road signs leading into the airport list all the airlines and that will tell you whether you should go to Garage A or Garage B. Both short term and long term parking are in the same garages; they're not segregated. Grab a ticket on the way in and pay when you leave*. An hour or so in the garage should cost less than $5 although I don't recall the exact hourly rate. I know the maximum is currently $17 for 24 hours. Those staying longterm do have the option of remote lots at reduced rates.

BobK/Orlando

*If by chance you have Sunpass or E-PASS (many regular visitors do), you can use the special lane going into the garage and the special lane leaving the garage and not collect a ticket and not pay, with the charge simply debited from your prepaid account just as on the toll roads.

I've looked into purchasing a SunPass a few times. It's only available to residents of the US and Canada, and you also need to provide details of your licence plate number, so it isn't appropriate for UK holiday-makers, no matter how often we visit (other than those lucky enough to own a home and a vehicle in Orlando). :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter