Meet the Putmans

OMG people horrible news! Blair may be moving out of state for a full year! How will they cope!

The dad saying Blair leaving is "wrong" just made me cringe. No, she's supposed to grow up and learn to stand on her own.

The scenes of her with the kids on her own also made me cringe. Yes, being alone with 3 small kids is hard. But she seems so unsure of herself, probably because she has always relied on the extended family to do so much for her. She needs to grow up and learn to function confidently on her own. Surely it can't come as a surprise that her doctor husband might have to go somewhere else for a while to finish his training.

And that face in the cake thing? Just no.

Last edited:
It would be tragic if they have to move into the new mega house without Blair. How will they manage? How will Blair manage?

It would be tragic if they have to move into the new mega house without Blair. How will they manage? How will Blair manage?
I'm sure the "canning room" just wouldn't be the same without Blair there too. :rolleyes:

We need to keep this thread alive so we can snark on Blair. Who is the first woman in the world to have 3 children and a C-section. And to not live with her mommy.

We need to keep this thread alive so we can snark on Blair. Who is the first woman in the world to have 3 children and a C-section. And to not live with her mommy.
I'm in. The show is so annoying. But so much fun to snark on! :rotfl:I am disappointed though that they said next week's episode is the season finale. I hope it comes back!

What I want to know is if they move elsewhere, is his check still pooled with the family to help pay for that mega house? Do they give him back an allowance or something?

What I want to know is if they move elsewhere, is his check still pooled with the family to help pay for that mega house? Do they give him back an allowance or something?

I don't think so since on the first show she said it was so hard to pay the bills and keep up with out her mother so they are doing that on their own I guess. I missed last night show. Saw so many previews I decided to skip it.

This show was definitely on before, for about 3 episodes before they pulled it. I think this family creeped people out so much they pulled it and tried to makeover the family. The women seemed to have better hair this time, lol. They have not managed to make that dad look any less strange and controlling, though. This family lives in the same area as my vacation home, which is the only reason we watch it in our house, it is interesting to see familiar places being filmed.

The hospital where Blair's husband works is just about an hour from the family home. If it was such a big deal about her being away from the family, why not choose an apartment half way in between both places? The dad has put so much pressure on her to stay home you can tell she's afraid of him. But she is also so codependent she doesn't even want to try and function on her own like a normal person. The hospital scene pissed me off, the family's behavior in the waiting room and ignoring rules and sneaking all those kids back to see Blair was awful. I am a post partum nurse and there is nothing worse than a zoo in someone's recovery room. She needed rest and skin to skin time with her new baby, not a bunch of people in her business.

The whole grocery shopping thing (which I think was shown in the first version of this show, not the current one?) was a joke, they never take the whole family shopping or the clerk would have recognized them and known who they were. You would never do all that shopping at that store in town either, it is over priced due to it being a vacation destination, the family would have shopped at Walmart 30 minutes away for their big shopping trips. And no mom in her right mind would take all those kids to the laundry mat when they could leave them home, no need for those kids to be running amuck.

I bet that Blair's husband has rethought his taking on her last name and being involved with that cult more than a few times since their marriage.

It was really weird how they started this show earlier in the year and then dropped it and you could not even google information about it. How does that happen? TLC should have dropped it the first time for real. I mean, the only thing you could find if you looked it up were comments on discussion boards, nothing from TLC at all. BIzarre!

They are having a marathon this weekend. I will have snarky comments on Monday.

Are they going to run the first three episodes that mysteriously never happened??? It is just way too strange how TLC launched this show already and then tried to dress it up and start over again like it never happened. Not going to be a very long marathon with only 4 episodes.

This show was definitely on before, for about 3 episodes before they pulled it. I think this family creeped people out so much they pulled it and tried to makeover the family. The women seemed to have better hair this time, lol. They have not managed to make that dad look any less strange and controlling, though. This family lives in the same area as my vacation home, which is the only reason we watch it in our house, it is interesting to see familiar places being filmed.

The hospital where Blair's husband works is just about an hour from the family home. If it was such a big deal about her being away from the family, why not choose an apartment half way in between both places? The dad has put so much pressure on her to stay home you can tell she's afraid of him. But she is also so codependent she doesn't even want to try and function on her own like a normal person. The hospital scene pissed me off, the family's behavior in the waiting room and ignoring rules and sneaking all those kids back to see Blair was awful. I am a post partum nurse and there is nothing worse than a zoo in someone's recovery room. She needed rest and skin to skin time with her new baby, not a bunch of people in her business.

The whole grocery shopping thing (which I think was shown in the first version of this show, not the current one?) was a joke, they never take the whole family shopping or the clerk would have recognized them and known who they were. You would never do all that shopping at that store in town either, it is over priced due to it being a vacation destination, the family would have shopped at Walmart 30 minutes away for their big shopping trips. And no mom in her right mind would take all those kids to the laundry mat when they could leave them home, no need for those kids to be running amuck.

I bet that Blair's husband has rethought his taking on her last name and being involved with that cult more than a few times since their marriage.

It was really weird how they started this show earlier in the year and then dropped it and you could not even google information about it. How does that happen? TLC should have dropped it the first time for real. I mean, the only thing you could find if you looked it up were comments on discussion boards, nothing from TLC at all. BIzarre!

Oh thank goodness I'm not losing my mind. Okay there was some odd thing with an original series and it being pulled.

Wasn't there some local people saying that the Dad was known to be abusive or something?

Oh thank goodness I'm not losing my mind. Okay there was some odd thing with an original series and it being pulled.

Wasn't there some local people saying that the Dad was known to be abusive or something?

I remember people posting negative comments about the father, don't remember if it was about abuse or finances/business dealings. So strange how they just went "poof" and now they are back, but he's still one of the creepiest fathers I've ever seen.

He will try to redeem himself, and tell the other kids, that it is his dream and his wife's. If they want to move on they can. (previews). We have seen the new house in Michigan. My dh company did some underground work for them. The house is more like a "commune compound." Each family has their own wings in the house, with area's where they can come together-like the movie studio room, the canning room. It truly looked like a small resort with the huge front entrance. You drive up to it, just like a resort entrance.

I just watched the first episode. The parents didn’t do their job. My job as a mother is to give my kids the skills to move out, pay bills and take care of themselves and their families. If I am paying bills, budgeting, doling out chores and having that much influence on raising their children, then I am a complete failure of a mother.

I just finished the season finale.

I really wanted to smack the dad at his response to Blair and Mr. Blair moving out (for a year). "I'm guilty of loving you too much". Oh, please. He's guilty of something. But that's not it.

I swear when the dad announced the departure, it felt like someone had died. He clearly felt like he had failed as a parent.

I have 3 children, had 3 c-sections in 3 years, AND I live over 350 miles away from my mother. Nooooooo!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter