Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

I can understand wanting to find the right size for that shirt, it looks awesome!

Not going to lie, your Animal Kingdom day followed by an afternoon at the AKL pool sounds like a perfect Disney day to me. I'm sitting here in cold Germany wishing I could be having that day! :rotfl2:

I love the AKL pool! What a great afternoon relaxing and making new friends :rotfl: those peanut butter brownies truly are heavenly!

Why did I not try that brownie? It looks delicious. I like the shirt you were finally able to find!

What a fun morning and afternoon for your last full day!

I can understand wanting to find the right size for that shirt, it looks awesome!

It is a really pretty shirt. I'm glad I was able to find it despite the aggravation of dealing with that CM. :laughing:

Not going to lie, your Animal Kingdom day followed by an afternoon at the AKL pool sounds like a perfect Disney day to me. I'm sitting here in cold Germany wishing I could be having that day! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I am dreaming of Disney right now. We are due to be hit with another storm tomorrow - 35cm of snow predicted. :sad:

I love the AKL pool! What a great afternoon relaxing and making new friends :rotfl: those peanut butter brownies truly are heavenly!

:laughing: Yeah, apparently I was a kid magnet when hanging out in the pool this trip. :confused3 Oh well, they didn't bother me and it was rather cute.

The brownie was so yummy!

Why did I not try that brownie? It looks delicious. I like the shirt you were finally able to find!

What a fun morning and afternoon for your last full day!

It was a pretty great last day.

I love the short, just wish I hadn't gone through such a struggle to find it. :laughing:

Sounds like the rest of your time at AK was nice. That shirt you bought is really cute, I'm glad you found your size!

And it sounds like a great afternoon by the pool!

The shirt is so cute! Definitely worth the hunt! I had an issue finding the fuzzy gray spirit jersey in December. SO frustrating when the app is showing availability somewhere and then they are no where to be found!

Flight of Passage was just as awesome as the first two times I rode. Definitely my favourite ride at the moment as I am sure it is for many people.

I think it is for me too right now.

so I ordered up a Night Blossom.

I got one too and it was super tasty.

I really enjoy this new pathway. It was so quiet and peaceful and had some beautiful views.

Me too!! Definitely nicer than the crush of the other way around.

I made a pit stop by the Tusker House check-in stand

Hey! THat's about where I had my nose bleed blowout.

I stopped at the Eight Spoon Cafe to try some of the mac and cheese I had heard about and I was disappointed.

Ah man! That's too bad! I LOVE that stuff. I hope indeed it was just a bad batch.

So I crossed the path over to the other gift shop by the Tree of Life and found that there were not five XL shirts available but five 1X shirts. OMG. That CM was completely hopeless. I was so annoyed.

:sad2:

After exiting the park I decided to make one last attempt to find the shirt and went into the little shop that is outside the park gates. They had the shirt and they had it in size L! I will take it!

:banana:

I spent a few hours down at the pool alternating between reading my book and floating around in the water.

AS you say... Bliss!

Shortly before our trip Donald's Dino Bash started and I was so excited for this. Why was I so excited? Launchpad McQuack!! Chip and Dale in dinosaur costumes!! I know that it may seem silly that I was so excited for character meets but I grew up on DuckTales and the promo picture of Chip and Dale was adorable.
I love those guys so much! I haven't been able to see them yet since they started! Maybe in May!

I decided on Nature View since many of those rooms offer great views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
Fingers crossed!

Well they had XS, SM, and 1X but no L or XL. I asked a CM in the store if she could check in the back for me. She tried to tell me that 1X is the same size as XL. It 100% is not. I had to show her with a different shirt that XL and 1X are in fact different sizes. She eventually went in the back and came back to tell me that the gift shop across the way had five XL in stock. So I crossed the path over to the other gift shop by the Tree of Life and found that there were not five XL shirts available but five 1X shirts. OMG. That CM was completely hopeless. I was so annoyed.
Argh! So annoying! 1X is pretty much the same as XXL in Disney Parks sizes. I know because I can wear either of those sizes.

After exiting the park I decided to make one last attempt to find the shirt and went into the little shop that is outside the park gates. They had the shirt and they had it in size L! I will take it!

be541b0f0f60534466a6e200b05c4961-jpg.381706
I got this one too! Also from the entrance shop! I was searching for a shirt this past trip and that was the only place I found it too! I think some people just walk right by that store without realizing it has an awesome selection of merch!

Looks like a great day at Animal Kingdom! Bummer that your mom had to miss the FOP FP, though!

The whiskers!!

I took the time to check-in for our flight the next day and I looked more closely at our Magical Express document.

Noooooo

I couldn't believe it had taken me until the end of the trip to get this slice of heaven, the peanut butter brownie. My favourite flavour combination!

Ohhh this always looked so good in the case

Ugh, I have been suffering from the worst cold ever for the last week and it is still lingering. One of my patients even tried to offer me their medications saying I needed them more than they did. :laughing: I am feeling very sorry for myself though and praying this goes away soon.

June 19th - Animal Kingdom

After our pool time Mom decided that she would tough out one last night in the parks. Since the only shoes she packed for the trip were sandals, which were too painful for her to wear with the state of her feet, she wore my new sneakers to the park. This worked out since I have much bigger feet than her so her swollen feet actually fit in my shoes without sliding around like they usually would and they gave her more support than her sandals.

Before catching the bus we grabbed dinner at The Mara and enjoyed dinner in the outdoor eating area.

Once back at Animal Kingdom we made our way to Africa to see the last performance of the day of Festival of the Lion King. This is one of our WDW favourites! I love the whole show but especially the performance to "Can You Feel The Love Tonight".

After Festival of the Lion King we watched the performers that were out dancing in Africa. They had so much energy! I am so shy and can never convince myself to participate but I admire the guests that do! There were quite a few of them joining in.

Mom and I decided to use our last Anytime fastpass that we got from the DVC tour on the safari.

We saw lots of animals but most of them were napping!

We had some time to kill at this point as our only other plan for the night was to see Rivers of Light which would be a first for us. Mom's feet were in no shape to be aimlessly wandering about. Well, luckily when we got off the safari I spotted something enticing in the area.

Dole Whip!

What a treat to be enjoying a Dole Whip outside of the Magic Kingdom/Poly.

We grabbed a table in the little seating area and relaxed for awhile enjoying our treat.

We did eventually saunter over towards Asia stopping for the occasional photo.

We scanned in for our Rivers of Light fastpass. Even though we were there fairly early the stands were already starting to fill up so I am glad we didn't wait longer to show up.

We had a beautiful sunset to enjoy as we waited.

Just before the show started a lady sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to take my ears off as she was having a hard time seeing. I didn't mind removing them for the show but it reminded me of a thread I saw here on the Dis debating if it was rude or not to ask people to take off their ears/hats etc during a show. From the thread it seemed it was a pretty even split in opinions.

Rivers of Light was very pretty but I'm not sure I will go out of my way to see it again. It would be easy to cut out of plans if I decided that I wanted an early night.

Leaving the park after the show was a bit of a pain as it is with any park after the nighttime show as it is so crowded and everybody is trying to leave at the same time as you.

We made it out eventually and back at the hotel we packed most of our stuff with only few things to be dealt with in the morning. It is always sad going to bed on that last Disney night. :sad1:

I hope you feel better soon!

Beautiful pics from your night at AK! Especially that sunset!

The last Disney night is always sad :(

Colds sure stink, feel better soon!

We would agree with your review of RoL, we are glad we saw it once but certainly wouldn’t need to see again anytime soon.

I love all the lazy animals on your Safari.

I have been suffering from the worst cold ever for the last week and it is still lingering.

Oh no! Those ones that linger for what feels like forever are the worst! I hope you start to feel better soon!

I spotted something enticing in the area.

Dole Whip!

I love that Dole Whip stand in AK. Sounds like it was the perfect treat and a great segway between the safari and the show.

I didn't mind removing them for the show but it reminded me of a thread I saw here on the Dis debating if it was rude or not to ask people to take off their ears/hats etc during a show.

I'm glad the lady asked you nicely and wasn't rude about it. I didn't know this was a subject of debate here on the boards...interesting. I imagine if someone approaches the situation in the right way, most people would be willing to accommodate the person. But then again, you see all kinds in Disney...

Glad you had a nice, relatively relaxing night in the park!
Just before the show started a lady sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to take my ears off as she was having a hard time seeing. I didn't mind removing them for the show but it reminded me of a thread I saw here on the Dis debating if it was rude or not to ask people to take off their ears/hats etc during a show. From the thread it seemed it was a pretty even split in opinions.
I know I take off my ears for every show (I put them around my thigh or in my bag), and even on rides which aren't fast (like Safari or the various boat rides). I just get so annoyed with ears in my way! When I saw FotLK I did end up asking the girl in front of me, and she was totally fine with it (her mom even took off hers when she then realized it could maybe obstruct people's views). In Feb I saw it again, but the woman with ears was 2 rows in front of me, so I couldn't reach her to ask her to take them down... oh well!

Rivers of Light was very pretty but I'm not sure I will go out of my way to see it again. It would be easy to cut out of plans if I decided that I wanted an early night.
Exactly my thoughts on Rivers of Light. Nice to see once but not worth too much trouble.
I actually passed up seeing Pandora at night and did RoL instead. I regret that choice now since everybody talks about how amazing Pandora is at night.

Ugh, I have been suffering from the worst cold ever for the last week and it is still lingering. One of my patients even tried to offer me their medications saying I needed them more than they did. :laughing: I am feeling very sorry for myself though and praying this goes away soon.

You poor thing! I hope you're feeling a LOT better by now!

After our pool time Mom decided that she would tough out one last night in the parks. Since the only shoes she packed for the trip were sandals, which were too painful for her to wear with the state of her feet, she wore my new sneakers to the park. This worked out since I have much bigger feet than her so her swollen feet actually fit in my shoes without sliding around like they usually would and they gave her more support than her sandals.

I'm so glad you thought of this solution!

Before catching the bus we grabbed dinner at The Mara and enjoyed dinner in the outdoor eating area.

Looooove that eating area! Ate there when we stayed at AKL and it was bliss!

Perfect photo. :lovestruc

We did eventually saunter over towards Asia stopping for the occasional photo.

You..... sauntered! :hug:

Seems like the polite thing to do. It's just ears. And if it makes someone's experience a little better, why not?

100% agree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter