Mears Connect Now Taking Reservations

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
Surprise Surprise. The website for Mears Connect is working.
Round trip from MCO to the Beach Club (or Boardwalk) is $32 for one in January 2022 if I did it right. $27 for a child through age 9.

I can live with that.

I have to try again. I got $300.. lol

ETA. It’s just giving me premier. But the shuttle is $32. That is not bad at all!

Last edited:
I put in my dates for next year and got $166 round trip. I do believe I can Uber cheaper than that.

I put in my Beach Club dates in October and one way was $50! They don't do luggage, correct? I'll Uber. To me, the luggage perk was the best part!

I put in my dates for next year and got $166 round trip. I do believe I can Uber cheaper than that.
For that price including tip, you could get a private car service which would run on your schedule and not have to share it with others. Try Tiffany Towncars or Florida Towncars.
For large parties upto 10, a van is $195 rt.

• "Entertainment for you and your party while you ride."
Wonder what they mean by that? Hope it's not jokes from the driver. And they do include luggage.

Thank you for sharing. I had signed up for email - just curious on pricing. Did not receive one.

This is less than I thought it would be so I am happy. I noticed it stated introductory price and that kind of scares me. It also did not mention Saratoga Springs and I hope that is just an over site.
..ºoº

I just booked a one way trip to the hotel for 3 adults and 3 bags and it was $48 for late February 2022. We arrive close to midnight and I don't feel comfortable trying to get/taking Uber at that time. We leave to go home midday and will take an Uber back to the airport, which will most likely be cheaper (depending on surge pricing) and I can leave closer to my flight time instead of getting picked up 3 hours prior.

I’ve been around these boards long enough to remember the times prior to ME‘s existence when the subject of Mears would come up on the Transportation board and someone was asking for help on deciding how to get to their resort. Most of the time, the advice was to book private transport because for a family, Mears wasn’t as cost effective plus you got direct/personalized service privately. Looks like that still may be the case for many.

Intro rate

These are not long terms costs. The goal is likely to get enough money locked in to cover the cost of operation for 2022 then remove the intro rate to start making a larger profit long term.

Also booked a private SUV for 4 Adults and 2 car seat kids for $220 round trip with a grocery stop included. The primary benefits of ME was included and the Disney theme/video. If I am paying 3rd party might as well drop a little extra for better service then.

Intro rate

These are not long terms costs. The goal is likely to get enough money locked in to cover the cost of operation for 2022 then remove the intro rate to start making a larger profit long term.

Also booked a private SUV for 4 Adults and 2 car seat kids for $220 round trip with a grocery stop included. The primary benefits of ME was included and the Disney theme/video. If I am paying 3rd party might as well drop a little extra for better service then.

How do you know they aren't longer term? In the 1990s, the round trip shuttles were around $18 to $20, those were the shuttle vans. If they can fill actual buses, it will be cost efficient, of course you need to allow for higher wages and insurance costs. Fuel prices were about $2 to $3 dollars a gallon then, like it is now. And since it often is just me, sometime another person, it will be far cheaper to use the buses than a limo or car rental.

facebook twitter