ME Luggage Tags??

melanie1877

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

First I would like to say a heartfelt "Thank You!!" to all those that contribute to this board. It has been a huge help in planning my family's first trip to Disney!!

My question today is regarding the Magical Express luggage tags.....I booked through a TA, and she told me that Disney would send me my ME luggage tags about one month out. I am about three weeks out now (leaving 5/4), and we still have not received our tags. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I be in freak-out mode, or am I over-reacting? How long should I wait before I contact my TA or Disney regarding the tags?

Thanks again for all of your help!!

I'm a TA. Your ME tags should have come with your package booklet to your TA who should forward them to you.

If you booked room only/no package then the tags should come directly to you.

3 weeks out is plausible for delivery. Our last trip they came at just under 2 weeks. Have your ta reconfirm your ME ressie however.

No matter what, there's no need to panic.

Even if you do not get the luggage tags, you can still have them take the bags assuming you are not landing between 10pm and 5am (gotta get your own bags if your flight lands late at night/earlyearly in the morning). There's a big huge thread here about ME, first.

In there:

haven't gotten my tags yet!

Never fear. You have two options. You can claim your bags like normal, or you can have Disney claim them for you as if you did have those yellow tags. Bypass baggage claim, and go straight to the Welcome Center. From there, give the Cast Member your luggage claim tickets. They will create replacement tags for you, find your bags, tag them, and send them to your resort.

In that thread, somewhere, are ways to contact DME yourself, but sometimes they won't talk to you if you booked through a TA. So first make SURE the TA booked it.

Thanks for all the fast responses. We did book a package, but my TA told me that the tags would come directly from Disney. I don't have tickets or anything, just a confirmation page that shows my hotel, and that I have hopper passes with the water park option, and the DDP. Should I have received something else? She told me that I just take that page to the resort, and that will suffice for everything, and that they will give me the Key to the World card that will have all of my information on it. Does this sound right, or am I missing a vital piece of information?:confused3

You should have received a separate package for DME. What you have now is not your DME booklet. The DME booklet is blue and should be sort of obvious.

Call your travel agent and ask about your DME booklet and luggage tags. Even if you don't have them you can still use the luggage service - it would entail describing your bags at the DME desk so they can be picked up. They can give you vouchers for the bus, too. But it's easier if you have the booklet.

've never booked with a ta before, but every time I have booked a package, I have received 2 separate pieces of Mickey Mail. One with the package information, usually contains some luggage tags and vouchers for "free" stuff-once was a round of mini golf, once a card at the arcade, a key chain at Planet Hollywood. The other package is ME booklet with bus passes and luggage tags. It sounds like you are missing stuff. You definately should have more than just a piece of paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter