MCO HYATT, how far in advance does everyone book?

enzy65

Mouseketeer
I just booked the MCO Hyatt for my treasure cruise, yes it’s not until April 2025. I’ve been watching the price and when it was 1st available to book it was 321.00, but I always hold out as the price seems to fluctuate. Now it’s 366.00, I maybe waited too long. I’ll keep checking back, it seems like the April 4th night is high compared to other nights.
I will pay whatever it is because it’s just so convenient, it’s just feels like the rates are crazy right now. Never have booked it through DCL, is it cheaper??

You can call DCL to get their rate. You can also continue to check the rates for direct hotel booking and cancel/rebook at a cheaper rate if one shows up.

Booik earlier and rebook as needed. I just rebooked our hotel for Alaska twice as it has dropped by $80 Canadian. (approx. 40 each time)

We don’t cruise until October. I booked it at $321 & now it’s $288. I cancelled & rebooked, very easy. I have it bookmarked & check it every day, along with my Southwest flight, which goes up & down every day. I have saved $64 (goes to SW credit) so far, so it’s worth the time. It’s actually kind of fun, especially when the price goes up & you feel like you got a good deal!

dk

DCL has great rates if you want to use them, but do it as soon as you book if possible. They have been know to sell out their allotted block of rooms. I prefer to book on my own. I'll book as soon as I can and then monitor room rates. For example, on my upcoming November cruise I booked as soon as available (a year out). Then recently the rates dropped. I called and got the new rate, saving $45 in the process. I will continue to monitor but really don't expect much movement any more than what I received. If you book your own room, make sure to let DCL know you are staying at the Grand Hyatt at MCO in order to get the benefit of in-room luggage pick-up the morning of your sailing.

We don’t cruise until October. I booked it at $321 & now it’s $288. I cancelled & rebooked, very easy. I have it bookmarked & check it every day, along with my Southwest flight, which goes up & down every day. I have saved $64 (goes to SW credit) so far, so it’s worth the time. It’s actually kind of fun, especially when the price goes up & you feel like you got a good deal!

dk
Thanks for reminding me to check for my 2 night stay pre-cruise in Oct. Saved about $90.

Thanks for reminding me to check for my 2 night stay pre-cruise in Oct. Saved about $90.
What are you planning on doing the day in between those 2 nights?
I never risk taking an intercontinental flight the day before a cruise. So if I ever stay at MCO Hyatt, it’ll be for 2 nights. But not sure what to do the day in between without a car.

I never risk taking an intercontinental flight the day before a cruise. So if I ever stay at MCO Hyatt, it’ll be for 2 nights. But not sure what to do the day in between without a car.
This was our thoughts too.

Unsure as yet. We're thinking we'll be tired and jetlagged so might be the pool at the hotel and some outlet mall shopping.

Have been considering other things like discovery cove or maybe even a day at universal but worried we'd be too tired so might just take it easy.

I always book on my own also. I am also one of the few who don’t use the pick up system, we prefer to leave from the airport and be on our own schedule. I also like to keep my luggage and watch it go on the truck.
I’m monitoring but think the rate is not going to change much, seems like it’s an expensive night in April, compared to other nights. It is what it is.
DCL has great rates if you want to use them, but do it as soon as you book if possible. They have been know to sell out their allotted block of rooms. I prefer to book on my own. I'll book as soon as I can and then monitor room rates. For example, on my upcoming November cruise I booked as soon as available (a year out). Then recently the rates dropped. I called and got the new rate, saving $45 in the process. I will continue to monitor but really don't expect much movement any more than what I received. If you book your own room, make sure to let DCL know you are staying at the Grand Hyatt at MCO in order to get the benefit of in-room luggage pick-up the morning of your sailing.

Just to clarify, it's actually the Hyatt Regency MCO. :goodvibes

I booked early April for our Feb 2025 Treasure cruise and it was $420. It's now at $470. As others suggested, book a refundable rate ASAP and just monitor the price in case it drops.

dk
DH @dobball23 checks our flights daily as well!

If you don’t want a car rental, consider a rideshare. Discovery Cove, Disney Springs, Universal, one WDW park.

I booked early April for our Feb 2025 Treasure cruise and it was $420. It's now at $470. As others suggested, book a refundable rate ASAP and just monitor the price in case it drops.

That’s still pretty high. You might be able to get a better rate through DCL….its at least worth a phone call.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter