Mayan Ruins?

mrssmiddy

Mouseketeer
I am starting to hear that Chacchoben Ruins at Costa Maya is the best. How is the walk / hike there? I'm not sure how well my mom will do walking if it is too rough, steep, far, fast paced, etc. We were planning the Cozumel Highlights, but I'm hearing Chacchoben is so much better. Can anyone reassure me that she will be ok walking there? She is only 62, but has bad ankles and doesn't do much walking. Thanks!

The bus takes you right to the ruins. The site is quite flat. There is a little downhill spot right at the end of the tour, which would be easy to skip. Indeed, you can still see the last part without walking down. I would say we covered a little less than a mile during a tour that lasted at least an hour, probably longer. Plenty of stops, with places to sit and listen to the guide. "Places to sit" are the stones of the ruins, not chairs!

Like any Mayan site, you will want to have a hat with a brim, sunglasses, plenty of water. It can get hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter