MAY W.I.S.H Thread:

Oneanne

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the May 2021 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Challenge - May We

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers! So hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WOOHOO Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Free For All Friday,
Social Saturday &

Self-Care Sunday.

HOSTs
May 3 to 9 --- Lizanne
May 10 - 16 --- MickeyMom76
May 17 - 23 --- SJREC
May 24 - 30 --- PollyannaMom

Last edited:

I’m Cristin, 44, kindergarten teacher in PA, married with boy/girl twin teens. May is my month to really focus and work hard to get my weight down. I have a mother/son Disney trip the first week of June. So that is some great motivation! I also stay more motivated when the weather is warm and the sun is shining! I love hearing the birds chirping in spring (not the geese so much, but the other birds 😉).

Goal is to lose 5-10 pounds.
To reach the goal, I will:
- Use Ultimate Fix containers for portion control
- Track food using BOD app tracker
- Drink 80+oz of water per day
- Follow 30 Day Breakaway & mbf workouts

I'm Nicole, age 50, living in Massachusetts with my DH, our DS(20), and a pair of "furry princess" cats. Pre-pandemic, I was a substitute teacher, and now I spend weekday mornings homeschooling two wonderful kindergarteners who have just turned six.

This month, my goals are to get back into my exercise routine (which I gave myself permission to let slide a bit in April) and to improve my meal planning by adding at least three new recipes.

How is Mother Nature inspiring and motivating you this week?

The longer daylight hours give me more energy to exercise in the evenings, and the warmer weather means the kids and I take their dog out for some playtime each day too. (Every bit of not sitting around helps!)

Intro:
Summer, 56, in Connecticut, one hour outside NYC
Living with...DH, 62, DD, 23
Working as...a Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school
Favorite place...seashore
Hobbies...Art, singing, reading

May Goals:
Stay motivated; walk daily; high protein, low carb; keep my eye on the prize.

Last edited:

DH got a new bird bath with a solar fountain. It was fun seeing the birds checking it out today. I love my backyard in the spring and especially summer. I look forward to seeing the chipmunk that comes on my deck every morning and soaks up the sun. I can’t wait until I have time to commune with nature.

Hi I am Stephanie. I live in Ohio with Dh and my 15 year old son and 13 year old DD. Take is the day I start going back in the office. I am really nervous. Thankfully it is only 1 day a week until June then it will be 3 days.

MOTIVATION MONDAY

How is Mother Nature inspiring and motivating you this week? Also, please take a few moments to introduce yourself and you healthy living goals for May.

Mother Nature was nice yesterday and gave a very nice sunny warm day. Other then that it has been gloomy and raining. I think it is supposed to rain all week. With the rain comes the flowers though. I have some really pretty flowers blooming right now. So mother Nature is not really motivating me this week. The gloomy rainy weather makes me want to be lazy.

With the start of a new month though I am getting myself back on track. I got about 101 minutes of exercise in yesterday. It was a nice weekend. I got to spend time with my mom on Saturday and yesterday we had DH's grandmother over for dinner. This is the first time since the pandemic started.

Hi I am Stephanie. I live in Ohio with Dh and my 15 year old son and 13 year old DD. Take is the day I start going back in the office. I am really nervous. Thankfully it is only 1 day a week until June then it will be 3 days.

Mother Nature was nice yesterday and gave a very nice sunny warm day. Other then that it has been gloomy and raining. I think it is supposed to rain all week. With the rain comes the flowers though. I have some really pretty flowers blooming right now. So mother Nature is not really motivating me this week. The gloomy rainy weather makes me want to be lazy.

With the start of a new month though I am getting myself back on track. I got about 101 minutes of exercise in yesterday. It was a nice weekend. I got to spend time with my mom on Saturday and yesterday we had DH's grandmother over for dinner. This is the first time since the pandemic started.
I can relate to your anxiety about returning to in-person work. I went through it in the fall...Deep breaths.

Hello all... I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in lovely Seattle WA.

Goals for May... get outside more, drop some pounds, any pounds, just a few will do.

Motivation for this week... three days in and this month already feels transformational to me. I'm pleased to say I accomplished almost everything I thought I would do over the weekend. The basement no longer looks embarrassing (a plumber needs to come this week to replace a pipe joint), upstairs looks presentable, the only thing that didn't get love was the front porch, but I'll have plenty of time to do that this week because the cleaners are coming today! No household chores for me, well, other than picking up after myself as I go along.

Other plans for the week, get the oil changed in the car. I am seriously thinking of a day trip out to my Sister's next weekend, so new oil needs to happen. I get a badly needed massage Wednesday evening. Yesterday I was so sore after mowing the lawn I could barely move. When I went to the grocery store later I finally remembered to get Omega 3, which I've been out of for about a month, and I took a handful before bed. It seems to have helped, but man do I need a massage. And I'll get the yard care service booked, what a joy it is going to be to be out of from under the burden of so many undone chores.

I’m Sandy, retired and living in south central PA with my husband. We also have a small home in Ocean City, Md where we spend many happy weeks. We’re within steps of a bayside park which is perfect for walking-and enjoying the wildlife that lives there.
After working 20 years in a HS library with no windows, I love being outside as much as possible now! This time of year with everything blooming gives me such a mental lift.

My goals for this month are to lose 5lbs to get back to my WW goal weight. I will do this by tracking my meals and walking 2 miles 5x a week.

Another goal is to come up with more healthy, low point lunches. I will browse some websites today for some ideas.

Beautiful photos, Oneanne!

I have good news!

I had my dentist appointment at 4:00, and I met my new dentist. He gave me a full exam, and before I even had the chance to fight for what I wanted, he told me that it would make no sense to have a root canal and crown when it would most definitely fail. Why put me through all that? (My words exactly). He was very kind and easy to talk to. His consultation was the exact opposite of the one I had only one week ago. Without throwing the other dentist under the bus, I let it slip that he didn't use novocaine on me when he drilled my already cracked tooth. He was visibly shocked.

So, the plan is for me to have the cracked #18 tooth removed and an implant done where #19 was removed last summer. I only need one implant. I can be under anesthesia and kill two birds with one stone. He understands my phobia and doesn't want or need to put me through any unnecessary dental work.

The time frame and financial plan is up in the air, but there will be a payment plan that I can handle. If the surgeon doesn't have availability, he has another one that he uses that will be able to accommodate me.

What a relief.

I have good news!

I had my dentist appointment at 4:00, and I met my new dentist. He gave me a full exam, and before I even had the chance to fight for what I wanted, he told me that it would make no sense to have a root canal and crown when it would most definitely fail. Why put me through all that? (My words exactly). He was very kind and easy to talk to. His consultation was the exact opposite of the one I had only one week ago. Without throwing the other dentist under the bus, I let it slip that he didn't use novocaine on me when he drilled my already cracked tooth. He was visibly shocked.

So, the plan is for me to have the cracked #18 tooth removed and an implant done where #19 was removed last summer. I only need one implant. I can be under anesthesia and kill two birds with one stone. He understands my phobia and doesn't want or need to put me through any unnecessary dental work.

The time frame and financial plan is up in the air, but there will be a payment plan that I can handle. If the surgeon doesn't have availability, he has another one that he uses that will be able to accommodate me.

What a relief.
That is all very good news! I’m still not able to believe you had the tooth worked on without Novocain-I would have passed out!

TOPIC TUESDAY

View attachment 572606

I know alot of us love the beach/ocean, but when was the last time you stood under a tree in the woods? Have you ever consciously tried 'forest bathing'? How did it feel? Are you able to give it a try this week and report back?
I grew up in a very wooded area across from a lake. My front yard had several very tall trees in it, and beyond my backyard was a forest. My friends and I played in the woods. As a youth, I went camping in the woods many times.

It’s been more years than I can count since I’ve been in that environment, but I have many good memories of those days.

I'm Linda, an empty nester wannabe from the Pacific NW. We were empty-nesters but then life happened and we took our niece's twins into our home. They are now nine. Mom should finish up her school program in a few weeks, but we don't know at what point this summer they return to her.

I just plan to continue trying to make good food decisions. I went off Prilosec when I ran out early in the pandemic and I have learned a lot of my favorite foods were giving me a tummy ache. Good bye chocolate, mint, garlic, tomatoes and cinnamon. I've even started wondering if my toothpaste bugs my stomach!

I was tracking food on my fitness pal, but took a break last month (along with posting here!). I'm back at it again. Scary when I updated the information and my new shorter height! But I've been losing and depending on the height I enter I am just barely obese or just making overweight! This week I was actually in a new decade, so I'm hoping that continues!

I'm loving the sunshine but we need some rain. I had told myself that I would walk every day after work, but that has sort of fallen away. I need to get back on it for my mental health!

I have good news!

What a relief.
All great news! Yay!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter