MAY W.I.S.H. - Let's make it an aMAYzing Month

Just got some interesting news... my 2020 WDW trip that got canceled was to have been with a group of friends I met thru an on-line Disney group. One of them emailed me today and said the three of them were going to go to WDW Dec 3 - 10 and was there any chance I could do a trip at that time to meet up. Well, my already booked do-over trip is Dec 2 - 10... and we're all staying at POP!

Just got some interesting news... my 2020 WDW trip that got canceled was to have been with a group of friends I met thru an on-line Disney group. One of them emailed me today and said the three of them were going to go to WDW Dec 3 - 10 and was there any chance I could do a trip at that time to meet up. Well, my already booked do-over trip is Dec 2 - 10... and we're all staying at POP!
This is great news!!!

Thankful the weather is improving
Thankful for my garden and the flowers slowly approaching bloom
Thankful to be employed
Thankful for the roof over our heads and the food in our bellies
Thankful for all the people living under that roof
Thankful for you fine folks on this board and the companionship it brings

Hello everyone. I am so sorry about not being here. I am truly overwhelmed by my recovery and trying to teach my kindergartners. The end of the school year is very hectic and challenging for me while I still feel lethargic and have lingering symptoms. DD had to leave work yesterday due to dizziness and nausea. We both still rely on our inhalers in order to breathe. I am amazed that people bounce back after only 5 days and return to work. I am on day 15 and still struggle. Anyway, even though I could have pulled up a desk and gone to sleep in the middle of the day, I am wide awake at 2:40 AM. I know that I will be paying for this later. I just can’t turn off my brain right now. The school shooting in Texas is on my heart and mind at the moment, and I just can’t shake the terror of it all.

Anyway, I promise to return to our thread and recommit to my health sooner than later. I just need to get my act together.

Thanks to all of you for being supportive.

We started going in one day a week just this week. There are 5 of us on my team and we each had to pick a different day…our management team is in another state…so we each sit alone in the office one day a week now.
My DH is in a similar situation, and it's ridiculous. His team is scattered all over the world. Yet he has to go in to a generic rented office one day a week, and Zoom with them from there instead of from home.

Some days it's empty (no community building there) and some days it's so full of strangers from completely different divisions that the app won't even let him book a desk.

All they are accomplishing by requiring him to go in is losing productivity while he's commuting.

Hello everyone. I am so sorry about not being here. I am truly overwhelmed by my recovery and trying to teach my kindergartners. The end of the school year is very hectic and challenging for me while I still feel lethargic and have lingering symptoms. DD had to leave work yesterday due to dizziness and nausea. We both still rely on our inhalers in order to breathe. I am amazed that people bounce back after only 5 days and return to work. I am on day 15 and still struggle. Anyway, even though I could have pulled up a desk and gone to sleep in the middle of the day, I am wide awake at 2:40 AM. I know that I will be paying for this later. I just can’t turn off my brain right now. The school shooting in Texas is on my heart and mind at the moment, and I just can’t shake the terror of it all.

Anyway, I promise to return to our thread and recommit to my health sooner than later. I just need to get my act together.

Hugs on hugs on hugs, Summer :hug:

Just keep taking care if yourself emotionally for now.

I haven't been in a classroom for ages and I still feel that rawness with what happened, picturing all the schools and students I've worked with.

Thank you for checking in.

View attachment 672044
Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

It’s been a challenging week and I am certain everyone is looking forward to the Holiday weekend and spending extra time with our loved ones.

What does everyone have planned for this weekend?

I love today's photo!

Working on opening the pool, possibly going to a cookout on Sunday, and otherwise just resting.

Took today off for an extra long long weekend. So far I’ve done a couple loads of laundry, watched a movie and gotten out of the house for lunch… oh and impulsively purchased a pair of lavender gingham sneakers. Next up is a stop at the nursery to load up on goodies, the tulips in my flower boxes are fine ally done so it it time to pull them out and plant for summer. At some point I will mow the lawn and do some other gardening, but things are still pretty damp.

Worked half a day today then did step one of reverse tie dye (hoping to finish Tuesday) then worked with my mother in law to change out DD's clothes. My brother in law gave me a lot of my niece's old clothes so I only had to order a couple pairs of shorts and now DD is mostly set for summer.
DSs have a track meet tomorrow and we are going to a cookout Sunday. There is an arts and crafts fair in our neighborhood this weekend so need to check that out too. Hopefully DH can start opening the pool too.
Wanted to share this story I stumbled on today from our local NBC affiliate. It's nice to see some good news in the middle of the insanity.
https://turnto10.com/amp/news/coron...s-1400-ounces-of-breast-milk-in-memory-of-son

Thinking of you @Summer2018 and wishing you rest and recovery-both physical and emotional ❤️

No plans for the weekend. Really looking forward to the quiet. DH and I are still recovering from these stupid colds. I am much better since I started the medication and DH is slowly feeling better too. We think a few days of being blobs will be lovely.

Our school had a controlled release today due to unwanted activity in the neighborhood right around dismissal time. Parents always love it when they are required to come to school and pick up their child. (not!!) At least we have an amazing staff who just pitched in and worked together to get every student to the right person. 99% of the parents were nice, but we dealt with a couple lovelies. I always tell myself while they are raging at me on the phone that they are just freaked out about their child and as soon as they get them they will be fine. I then made DH buy me a peanut buster parfait while I walked home. Not the healthiest coping mechanism, but it was a delicious treat to come home to. I'm really looking forward to being a sloth for three days.

C0F97B16-FF90-4C70-9075-637EE322254C.jpeg

Happy Saturday Everyone!!! I do hope everyone’s weekend has started out well!

Saturday mornings are my favorite time of the weekend. The next two days are ahead of you and your getting ready to start all your plans.

What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning? Mine is to drink my coffee on my sofa! Seems small and silly but it’s usually the only day I can drink it here (sometimes Sundays!) every other morning I am at my desk!

Whatever you do this morning and today enjoy it!

71F232A1-5F41-47C7-A4D2-C86C94449687.jpeg

Happy Sunday Everyone!!

What’s everyone’s plans to take care of themselves today?

I have many things to do, this is my only free day until we leave Wednesday for vacation, but I am hopeful that I will get a walk in!

Hope everyone’s weekend is going good so far and wishing everyone a great Sunday!!

I just love your visual PAsFab5.

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I have managed to stay within 1 pound of my lowest weight since getting Covid. This week after work I couldn't do much. I did more around the house and backyard yesterday and today, but I have to take a lot of breaks. I just unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and now I'm sitting trying to catch my breath. I see my treadmill and just look at it like, "yeah, right!" I know that eventually I will be less lethargic, and as grateful as I am that none of us ended up in the hospital on a ventilator or worse, I will do whatever I can to avoid getting Covid again.

I have a lot to do in the next 3 1/2 weeks like every other teacher. This black cloud over all of us is not making it any easier. It's nice to see security beefed up and the police car in our parking lot, but at the same time, it's not nice to see them...it's just a reminder that we aren't safe. My students have unfortunately been exposed to the news and are acting out as a result. It took me 45 minutes to calm down one of them on Friday. She just cried the entire time. Oh well, I will not dwell on it...

I will try to be more present over the next few days...

Oh, Summer, I'm so sorry! My heart breaks for your little ones. 😢

It is completely unacceptable for five-year-olds to have to feel that way.

I saw my little "niece and nephew" on Thursday, and their mom said thankfully they didn't know much.

Sending you all the strength I can to get through the next couple of weeks. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter