MAY W.I.S.H. - Let's make it an aMAYzing Month

Oneanne

DIS Veteran
MAY W.I.S.H. - Let's Make it an aMAYzing Month

1651418356329.png

Welcome to the May 2022 W.I.S.H. (We are inspired To Stay Healthy) thread: Let's make it an aMAYzing Month! Spring is here, so let's get motivated to make some real progress this month!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY
TOPIC TUESDAY
WOO HOO WEDNESDAY
THANKFUL THURSDAY
FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
SOCIAL SATURDAY
SELF-CARE SUNDAY

This month's hosts are:
5.2 - 5.8 --- Oneanne
5.9 - 5.15 --- ShannyMcB
5.16 - 5.22 --- Summer2018

5.23 - 5.29 --- PA5Fab5
5.30 - 6.5 --- PollyAnnaMom

Last edited:
Let's start the Week and the Month off with our introductions, healthy living goals for the MAY and Motivations for the first week... and let's mix it up a little by also adding a favorite spring time memory.

1651419011576.png

Last edited:
Hello all. I'm Lizanne, a single lady of a certain age living in Seattle WA. I was diagnosed as ADHD and on the scale for Asperger's early last year, so a large part of my healthy living focus has been learning about those things and how to better manage them.

I've made improvements in several parts of my life, but not so much with physical health yet... as a matter of fact my May goals are going to be my April goals, because I didn't do anything about attaining them in April.

So for May goals:
1. Walk at least 5000 steps per day... sunset is now after 8pm, so plenty of daylight hours to get out there and move.
2. Lose at least 5 pounds... which means I need to go get a new scale today, so I know where I'm starting.
And a couple new ones:
3. Do the Minimalist's Challenge with stuff in the basement... that'll be another 496 things gotten rid of.
4. Make the list of things I'm looking for in a life partner... I've been getting some strong messages lately that it is time to get serious, so the list will be drawn up and I will start doing creative visualizations on with it.

Motivation this week:
Getting some of the clean-up done in the yard has really been a mood booster, both by getting something done that's been nagging at me and by being out side and moving around. So my motivation this week to keep at it.

Spring memory:
When we were kids we used to put May Day baskets for my Mom on the front door knob, ring the bell and run away. They were just little paper cones with ribbon handles and they were filled with flowers we'd pulled out of her garden!

1651419870058.png

Intro:
I'm Summer, 57.
I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH 62 & DD 24.
Working as...Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school.
Looking forward to...SUMMER!!! and everything that comes with it!!!
Favorite place...Seashore.
Hobbies...Art, swimming, reading, singing.
April was a BUST! May 2022 Goals...Finally lose the baby weight using NOOM (Yes, it’s been 23 years of struggling); walk daily; learn how to be more flexible and handle stress better; keep my eye on the prize; and BELIEVE IN MYSELF!

Intro: Nicole, age 51
Living in: southeastern MA
With: DH, two cats, and soon-to-be-home-for-the-summer DS (age 21)

May goals:
  • keep walking
  • add in the yoga class I've signed up for (starts Friday)
  • cook some new, healthy meals
  • remember balance and grace in the busy two weeks ahead

Shannon 39 in RI
Living with DH, DS9, DS7 and DD
Working for a bank but not with the $$
Trying to keep my cool in a crazy world.

Goals for May...continue with 4000 step goal on days I work from home and 5000 when I am in the office. Eat a salad or soup for lunch at least 3 times a week....maybe more if/when my garden begins to cooperate. Tone up a bit so the little muffin top that showed up this winter goes back from where it came from.

Favorite spring memory...hhmmm.. I used to hate spring, it was always a bad time for me. Until 2007 when DH and I took our first vaca together...an April trip to WDW to attend a wedding. Then we had our own April wedding in 2008 followed by a honeymoon cruise (I WILL get back on a cruise some day) and 2015 when our middle child was born. So this later bit of my life has been much better for spring. Hard to pick a favorite memory since there have been quite a few major happenings in spring.

Danielle, 38, living in Central PA
Living with DH, DD13, 3 dogs and a foster dog

May Goals:
-Continue to exceed my previous weeks exercise minutes even if it’s only by 1 minute!
-Stay on track with my 12 week exercise program I am doing on YouTube (week 6 starts tomorrow)
-Walk everyday the weather allows over my lunch break

Excited to get May rolling along with everyone ☺️

I'm Linda, an empty nester from the Pacific Northwest. DS2 graduates from college this month and we can't wait to see that happen!!! We're flying to NYC and so is our other son and his wife. Too bad no other family can go. That's the bummer of going to a college across the country and having graduation on a weekday. Not only that but he and his fiancee are planning to get married in Vegas in about ten months, also on a weekday. I think more family will go to that as it's physically closer!

Goals: hmmm. I've been eating too many snacks at work (drat that chocolate jar I keep filled for people!), so think I'll switch to hard candy instead when I can't talk myself out of it. I'm trying to decide if I want to do some exercise thing after work. I used to do some small stuff but that hasn't happened in about a month. Whatever I decide, I'll just keep plodding along making healthy decisions as best I can.

Well, after a lovely sunny summery day yesterday it is raining again this morning so a little slow getting going.... currently trying to motivate myself to get in the shower.

I got around 8,000 steps yesterday, so that motivates me to get more today. And I did get the new scale, I have a pretty good idea of what it is going to tell me but I'll use actually seeing the number as my motivation to eat better today.

Exercise is going to be taking a back burner for the next couple of days. I'm in Maine at the ER with DS. 🙁

It seems to be related to a stomach issue he had once before, so he should be OK, but it's awful timing for him at the end of the semester (and of course stress makes stomach things worse, so it's a vicious cycle.)

Please send good thoughts.

Exercise is going to be taking a back burner for the next couple of days. I'm in Maine at the ER with DS. 🙁

It seems to be related to a stomach issue he had once before, so he should be OK, but it's awful timing for him at the end of the semester (and of course stress makes stomach things worse, so it's a vicious cycle.)

1651509117444.png

Healing prayers and thoughts for DS!! Keep us updated!

@Oneanne same here-I woke up at 3am to the sound of pouring rain!! Thankfully it has cleared just in time for a lunchtime walk!!

DH is home this week burning vacation time for his previous job so he’s doing some things in the yard to keep busy. He also walked with me and the dogs at lunch which was nice!

Foster pup had a rough night for sure…lots of crying and screaming on and off all night in her crate. Hoping to have a quieter night with her tonight! She’s lucky she’s adorable (see photo DD took)
790BA841-B891-49BA-9A27-FE7F234798CD.jpeg

Modivation this week is my plan to have treats and a special meal on Mother’s Day so I am going to try and stay good all week to earn my treats on Sunday!

So sorry he’s going through this. Praying he’s feeling better very soon.

Glad to read he is on the mend @PollyannaMom
Motivation this week is...um...keeping summer in my sights. Bathing suit season...my suits from last year fit but they could look cuter.
Already have meals in my mind for today->Thursday with most likely leftovers Friday.
I REALLY want some sort of treat right now but I am trying really hard to not go into the kitchen...I did 2 short blogilates videos and am now plopped on the couch, recliner up makes me less likely to go to the kitchen :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter