May 4 2006 Wonder, Anybody out there???

Jake & Crew said:
OOOPS. Jennifer, did not mean the cheerleader thing the way it was read. :confused3 There would be no thread with out you; you are the captain, Kathy is like Julie McCoy arranging to have everyone meet on the Promenade Deck, it is all appreciated and all fun! :thumbsup2 Please accept my apology.

Don't worry about it, I was just giving you a hard time! :rotfl:
I know this thread has been pretty dull. Wasn't to sure how to liven it up.
So yes, it is great that an experienced cruiser like Kathy came on board!

Howdy everyone :wave2:
Kate, thanks for the information about your group. I am slowly learning who is who, I just like to have first names to go with our posting names. Mymemory is terrible for names, so need to study them before the cruise.

We just got back from Universal Studios. Don't tell ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :goofy: :donald:

They wouldnt understand :confused3
My husband had his company picnic there today. It was fun, but very HOT :sunny:

I found a party of 9, 3 generations on another cruise site that are going on our cruise. I told her to come over and meet us and I told her about our cruise meet too. :grouphug: I hope you guys dont mind. I just figure the more people we have the better it will be. I told her how nice everyone was on this site too. :love: She may not post, but she may show up at the meet. I dont know her name yet, I will tell you that later in case she posts or comes to the meet you will know who she is. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Kathy :wave:
Itis another week closer :woohoo:

HI-

Just went to Target today to stock up on last minute supplies for the big trip. Cruisin' with ds 5 should not be a problem but I am so nervous about ds 10 mths.

I am going to try to make the meet. It depends on the little ones and if I am being pulled in a million different directions. I am still hoping someone joins the group with a ds around 5yr old. Let me know. This cruise couldn't possibly be for princesses only? princess:

Keep me posted.

Hi Kim, I hope to see you at the meet, but I do understand how kids can keep you on the move! I raised 4 of them, and now I sit back and watch their kids keep them on the move. Payback is great!!!
Hope to see you soon,
Kathy

hey Kathy- :thumbsup2

Count me in :Pinkbounc - BRIAN
sorry didnt respond quicker :confused3 - been stuck at the fire station, kinda short staffed and need some money to spend. but if you dont mind a single dad with 2 loud daughters (4 presleigh & 6 brooklyn) dropping by to say hi :wave2: you can totally count us in. I think it would be great for the kids to get to know each other. My girls will be excited about it. i think you said 3pm in promanade correct. oh ya i didnt read the the info on wdw yet. but will- you are very helpful. thanks a ton :banana: . so everyone ready- i am very excited, get out of the fire station monday and off untill the 8 of may- so i am thrilled now. well please keep me up to date everyone, and thansk Kathy for all info- keep it coming :yay:

Hey Jennifer,

i cant remember your husbands name if you said it- but did read you are changing rooms to 5th deck, i will be there too, wanted to be close to kids club myself- remember going on carnival cruise and wished we were closer, this time i made sure- not sure the room number- but i will post when i get away from the fire station on monday- my daughters are 4 and 6, if your kids are around same age let me know- would be cool for them to have someone to meet up with and go to kids club. hope to see you there

oh ya, i am booked on the stingray encounter thing in nassau for the early one and the glass bottom boat ride in castaway cay- anyone else going on these. Daughters actually picked them out

brian :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone, :goodvibes
Brian, glad to hear your going to make the meet. Noisy kids and adults are :welcome:
The more people,the more fun it will be. :woohoo:
I even invited a family from the cruise critic's board to join in. :grouphug: They are the only family besides me on that board going on our cruise. :confused3
She seems very nice and so excited to cruise on Disney with her family. :cheer2:
Less than two weeks now :banana: :banana:

We are going to fill out our docs today :thumbsup2

Hubby's name is Rachid. We are in rooms 5624 and 5626.
(I think..... :teeth: )

Just got my doc's! Though they were delivered in my daughter's name.
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Good morning everyone, :flower1:

Ok, 2 of us have our docs, anybody else got theirs yet?

We spent yesterday at Epcot enjoying the garden and flower festival . It was fun, but very HOT!!!
Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Another week is over, so we have one week less until we cruise. :woohoo:
See you all bery soon,
Kathy

hey all :wave: , well jennifer we are not so close- we are actually in the front of the ship- room 5016. i was hoping it was closer to kids club then the rooms in the back. plus i did the balcony thing with my girls last time and i was worried the whole time :sad2: . so this time no more balcony with my kids. crazy i know but just paranoid i guess :confused3 .

so 5 days and we catch the plane :banana: - first 5 days at disneyworld. so excited :cool1: . we actually booked some cool restaurants :woohoo: . then the CRUISE you all! so how old is everyone- may i ask, I am 31yrs old, daughters and 4 & 6

Howdy Brian,
Which restaurants did you reserve for WDW? They have so many fun ones for kids, I was just curious .
You are a brave man asking a bunch of women their ages! Ha! Ha! :rotfl2:
My kids will tell you that I am old enough to know what really happened to the dinosaurs, since I was there at the time.
I am not quite that old, how ever I did learn to drive on a covered wagon, at least that is what the grandkids say! :lmao:
But I say I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to not care. :rotfl:
I am a kid at heart but physically I am in the 50's range. Is that close enough for you :confused3
That's as close as my memory will let me remember or at least I think it is, or maybe I am remembering that wrong too. I dont remember?? :rolleyes:
Actually from what I have gathered I am probably the oldest one on this thread. :laughing: Not counting any peoples parents who may be coming along with us.
Have a great evening everyone,

ya i do guess most wont say, should word it better- just trying to get a feel of ages for the group :confused3 - doesnt matter really we are all going to have fun. restaurants glad you asked her goes

sun 30 50's prime time cafe - MGM - lunch
Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom - dinner
mon 1 cinderallas table - magic kingdom - dinner
the morning will be at one of the waterparks
tues 2 garden grill - epcott - lunch
hollywood & vine - mgm - dinner (only did that for the fantasmic show)
wed 3 breakasaurs - animal kingdom - breakfast
Bamo - animal kingdom - dinner

ya i am so excited- bought some pillow cases that you told me about- thanks so much, actually got some pink princess ones- girls love them, well, i am still getting stuff ready- actually took off work for the next 15 days so i will be having tons of fun. :banana:

Brian,
you have some great restaurants picked out there. :thumbsup2 LOts of character meet and greets too. the girls will love that!! Plus the food is very good!! :goodvibes
I did give some more park information on your other site for you to read. Hope it helps you some, I still have a little more about MK to add this afternoon if I get the time. Today is my day to run errands. :moped:
If you get the at leaat go into the Rainforest cafe at AK or downtown disney. It is a jungle theme in there and youwill be able to see into the restaurant part. every few minutes all the animals come to live and move and make noises. Your girls will probably get a kick out of it. plus the one at downtown disney has a live parrot show out front several times a day.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
kathy :wave:

Howdy everybody,
How was everyones weekend?? Not a lot of chatter this week :confused3
We did some painting in the house and then went to Epcot for the garden and flower festival. :thumbsup2

Anybody got last minute shopping for cruise stuff? I am almost all ready, I would like to find a new dress for dinner, but no luck so far. My door sign is ready and so am I :bounce:

Looks like we are going to have good weather :sunny: for as far as they can forecast here in Florida, so for those of you coming a little early to go to WDW you should have a great time. Remember your sun screen, and sun glasses :3dglasses your gonna need them!

Has anybody beside Jennifer an myself got their documents yet? It is about time for them to be arriving. :moped:

se you all very soon,

I am going toooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 girls ages 10 & 12 and my dad coming along. We are on Deck 7 and have 2 cabins so my dad can sit on the verandah and smoke his heart away!! :) Hubby is staying home, he has to work.

Docs came yest!!!! :)

I would share my name but I am a CM and don't know if I am allowed on here!!! I will "meet" you all at 3pm!!!!!

:wave2: hello newbee, Kathy, Jennifer

thanks again for all the info on the parks Kathy- i am actually making notes and sorta a schedule to keep me in line, but being alone with 2 little girls, well see if that works. I am hoping my little on is tall enough for expedition everest. she rides all the rides at disneyland and is almost 44" will be looking for a taller shoe to get me that inch. :thumbsup2 kinda funny but i have 40" 42" and 44" marked on the wall. my little one stands up to it just to see if she is tall enough yet- kinda funny.

Ya i got my docs two weeks ago but it was only the luggage tags and info for shuttle. HMMM i may be use to royal carribean but shouldnt there be more info about cruise. stuff like that. :confused3 help!!!! what came in your documents.

so more stuff- i keep shopping everyday- getting bad. but bought princess pillow cases and have them all ready with markers. not sure what to do with them but all set. bought some dresses for girls but there is no formal nights on this cruise right- kinda weird i am use to them, kinda fun actually. AND WHAT IS PIRATE NIGHT? All info please. do i need anything for it- what about my girls. little help please :rolleyes:

:firefight Brian

Howdy flsurrogate,
glad to have you with us. :welcome:
Can you tell us if this is your first cruise? :confused3
My son is a CM too. He has been in guest relations but training for management. He loves his job, hope you do too!
Can you tell us if your a CM as in cast member or as in crew member? Just curious, dont want to get you in trouble. :goodvibes
Looking forward to meeting you at 3. :wave2:
Hope you will have time to post a few times before then too.

Hi Brian,
Pillowcases are easy. Put you cases and pens in a ziplock baggie. Put a card or piece of paper in it with your name and room number on it. Take it to the guest services deck in the atrium the first day and ask to have them autographed. Thats all you have to do. They usually deliver them to you room late evening the last night on the ship, if you dont get them, go to guest services and ask for them.

The dresses are great even with no formal nihght. Thr girls will feel so special in them. Lots of girls wear princess dresses to dinner, some dont want to dress as pirates so they wear them to the pirate party too. When you board the ship they will take your picture. The girls may want to wear them to have their picture taken in them. Plus if they get the princesses autographs it looks great in the pictures when they have their dresses on.
Ok, pirate party is really fun. starting at dinner you are invited to dress as pirates and stay that way until after the party. The party starts around 9:45 P.M. there is music, dancing, characters, and fireworks to top it all off, plus a buffet out on the deck too. If we were on the Magic they would play the movie Pirates of the Caribbean on the Dumbotron screen, but the Wonder doesnt have it yet.
I think that was your questions, ops you did ask about documents. You get your luggage tags, a ticket booklet and they customs forms for the Bahamas. That was all. On past cruises we had abooklet that said items you could buy and have delivered to your room if you wanted. Maybe they stopped doing that because we didnt get that booklet this time. As for things to do on the ship that will be listed in your Navigator each day.
Kathy

My first Disney Cruise!!!! I used to be a travel agent so my dad and I did the inagural for the Voyager of the Seas. My family and I were to sail on 15 Sept 2001 but decided not to. My husband in in the military and I was a volunteer fire fighter and we just couldn't bring ourselves to go.

As a travel agent I had lunch on the Magic when I came down for a Disney college class. I have seen the ship but that's just not enough!!! My girls are sooooo excited!!! They get to miss 2 days of school too!!! :)

Brian, fellow fire fighter friend....I downloaded all of my paperwork online. Do you have a disney cruise line acct?? You should be able to pull up your reservation and all of the forms on there. Let me know if I can help you.

I am the first cm. :) I LLLOOOVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE my job!!!!!!!

Hi Everybody,

It's getting closer! We will leave home, Tennessee, one week from tomorrow. We have relatives who live near the port, so we are spending Wed. night with them. I'm almost done shopping. I think (hope) one final trip to Walmart will do it. I'm planning to go in the morning. We got our docs about a week ago, and our door signs are almost finished. I thought of one final touch they need, but I should finish them tomorrow. I'm pleased with the pirate outfits we put together. Our daughters are outgrowing playing dress up, so I wanted to get "real" clothes they can wear again afterwards. We ended up with black gauchos and white peasant tops. I bought some red and white striped fabric and made sashes for the three of us. I found a black boho skirt and a white top for myself. Kevin will have black pants, white shirt and a bandana that matches our sashes. The girls & I have jewelry and Kevin has more piratey accessories. Mom is going to wear a black & white capri outfit, so at least she will match colors. I'm getting more excited every day!

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter