May 4 2006 Wonder, Anybody out there???

misseulalie

DIS Veteran
We must be the only one...

By the way, if you see my parents on the ship, don't tell them how much their room costs!!!! They would kill me if they knew what I paid for a Cat. 6 Verhanda ! :rolleyes1

We're on the 5/4 Wonder. It's me, DH, DS 13, DS 10, and DD 10. We're way down in the bottom of the boat...booked late. DH is motion-sickness prone, so we are doing the 3-day as a trial to see if I can get him on a 7-day next year.

We're on board! It's me, DW and 3 DD's (4,6,8). Doing a Land/Sea for our first cruise. Just read the 14 page tips thread, so we're ready! :thumbsup2

DDs 3 & 5 will be embarking on our first BIG family vacation with us. Land & Sea, 3 days at WDW before the cruise. Could not decide which vacation to do so we are doing both!!! :

If you're like us, you've just paid up and booked excursions. We're doing the dolphin encounter in Nassau and are very excited. We hope another family's coming so we can trade taking pictures.

Now you have me rethinking the dolphin encounter. Was not sure if my girls were a little young and wanted to spend some time enjoying the ship ( esp after our 3 days at WDW right before), will think about it again though, how old are you kids?

Did book the kids club, Palo, and my cabana massage though!!!

We were going to do the dolphin encounter, but then found out that you actually only spend 5 minutes with the dolphins. The rest of the time is spent learning about them. I didn't want to waste the $$$ on that. Especially since we live in Orlando and have Discovery Cove nearby. (Sea World's swim with the dolphin experience)

Hey Jake & Crew: We have DD's 3 and 5, too! I'm sure we will see you in the kid's clubs. (though my DD who's 3 will be in Flounders. We are just doing potty training and will not be ready to join her big sis.)

I just bought a ton of cheap sand toys from Target, and my mugs for soda... I am getting ready to cruise!!! Can't wait! :woohoo:

With almost two months your DD3 may just surprise you and make it past Flounders by graduating the potty training school! Wow, live in Orlando many of us can only dream of such fortune! Have heard of Discovery Cove and now am finding out next Feb my mom wants all of her family to join her for a week in WDW so maybe that would be a good day trip for us then, is it too cold in Feb in Orlando for DC?

Looking forward to meeting your family on board!
:)

Well, this past Feb, had 40 degree days and 80 degree days. If you are lucky enough to encounter a few 80 degree days, you should be fine for Discovery Cove.

My DD (3) who is just potty training is not developmentally ready to hang with the 3 and 4 year olds. Her verbal skills are not there . If she can't express herself, she hits others. (menengitis as an infant slowed her down developmentally, among other things) She is catching up, maybe in another 6-12 months, she will be ready to join her peers.

40 degree days nxt FEb will not see us in with the dolphins, maybe the cruise is the place, will see.

What is wonderful about this cruise is we do have options like Flounders, when your DD is ready for the kids club sounds like you will be there!!! ( Though did notice you were doing a diff cl over New Years ~ is that with kids or without?)

Our challenge will be that one dd may not want to seperate from sister, have not gone into detail about that part for them. We'll see, it is all supposed to be fun so what will be will be!!! :sunny:

Flounders Reef Nursery sounds wonderful, but by the time I was permitted to book, I could not get anything before the evenings. Oh well...I'm not sure ds (10 mths) will go with a stranger anyway. Now ds (5) has lots of activities mapped out in the kids club.

By the way... any other ds under 7 going on the boat...I keep seeing lots of dd's.

I heard that I can bring my non potty trained 3 year old to the club, but have to stay with her. That may be an option.

We are doing a family new's years eve on RCCL, but may cancel if we do the summer 2007 Med. cruise.

Has anyone done RCCL with kids? how good is their kids' club?

first crusie with disney- been on severall others, rccl and carnival- from 3-7days- i actually love cruises and have gone alot, i like rccl the best. nicer ships to me. i have also taken my girls on a rccl- my daughters r 4-6. there kids club was actually really good. but seemed as it closed down alot, but they loved it. my younger one still talks about it today. i have a weird feeling you will spot her if you have kids in the club, she will be very talkative. i will compare the 2 after this disney cruise. question though, i am single father recently divorced, taking daughters alone :thumbsup2 . any experience out there i can get. they really wanted to do this, so here i am. a sucker that cant say no to them. :confused3 any other single parents out there- i am sure my daughters will be ditching me as soon as we get there so have a weird feeling i will be all alone most of the time- advice for what to do. they actuall already told me that they are not going to be with me. brats-

Advice on dolphin encounter- me and ex did the dolphin swim on a previous cruise. most be older then 6. but a MOST! nothing like sea world, trust me. you actually do tricks with them. they push you out of water. you get pulled around by them, and its just a memory you cant miss. the cruise doenst book that one. most do it dirrectly through the place. but its well worth it. and for my daughters and i, i am also going to try and get the dolphin encounter- although cruise is booked up but trying to get it directly through the place. should be able too i hope. well worth the 5 minutes. they will remember it for ever. and anyone with kids older then 6- do the doplhin swim- well worth the money- go to the dolphin site directly and check it out. man it was such a blast. wish my girls were old enough

hope to meet some of you out there. see you at the kids club :wave2:

ya i have a 4 and 6 yr old daughter going to be there. so i am sure i will see you when my kids ditch me for the club. they are totally excited about it.

so nobody is going during this time or is everyone just afraid to speak! :sad2: What about any SINGLE parents out there on this ship! :thumbsup2 Man this is a boring group. Well i am a single father traveing with 2 daughters. :wave: love to hear from anyone going. Items what to do. :woohoo: hmmm- anything at all- hope to hear from ya!

Hi there, I am original poster; glad there are others! :wave:

To re-cap I will have a 3 & 5 year old girls on the cruise. One in flounders because she refuses to potty train and the 5 year old who is still talking about our last DCL cruise this past Sept.
This will be my parents first cruise. They think we are going to be on deck 2 oceanview, when actually we have deck 6 verandah. Surprise! pixiedust:

i will diffentailly see you there. my girls are all ready for the kids club. Ya this is my first disney cruise. prefer rccl. i have been on hmm about 7 cruises. last few i seem to have got the balcony and like it. but to be honest, never really spend alot of time in the room. first disney cruise and its alot more then normal cruise, but wanted to do the disneyworld first and added the cruise. but its for the kids right. only thing i wanted was to be on the floor of the kids club. learned last time i took my girls that was a most. a window was fine and thats all they wanted. got the balcony with the kids last time and hated worring about them out there. love the balcony but only if it was without kids and more of a romantic thing. funny how much u learn the more u cruise. prefer 7 nights but wanted to just get the taste of a disney cruise first. i am totally a rccl person as of now. carnival wasnt as good either i thought. so any ideas for me while on board. things i shouldnt miss

:thumbsup2 come on someone has to be willing to chat a bit now. 40 days till cruise abd nobody excited out there
:confused3

I just bought my pillowcases for character signing and bought lots of cheap sand toys. We are getting more and more excited, but the whole cruise to the Med. is overshadowing the May 4th cruise. I can't wait to book for that cruise!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter