May 28 - June 5 Crowds there yet ??

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
We are going when the girls get out of school May 28 for eight nights. For those of you who have been late May early June what are the crowds like compared to the rest of the summer????? :D

Very crowded on certain days for Gay Days. We were there one year and MK was nuts on most of the days for the Gay Days. I believe the dates this year are the last part of May to June 5th.

We will be there then too. I know of a few people that went the same time and they said that the crowds were not bad at all. Most schools around here don't get out until around June 3 or later, so I am counting on the crowds being manageable.

Have heard that this week is not to bad. Went last year June 5-13 and was busy!!!! after the 7th.

Will be going May 28-June 6 this year. I hope that this won't be too bad.

I know from another web site they post their schedule at
http://gaydays.com Last year we just went off from their days and we were okay. Last year they ending June 6. Hope this helps everyone!

You will be there for Gay Days 2005. The dates this year will be june 2 thru june 6, With the group meeting in the MK on Sunday.

Thanks!! Usually we go to Epcot on Sundays. Do you know their whole schedule for the week???

Last year we were at Epcot on their desinated day, because me daughter insisted on it, and it wasn't too bad. I will say that there was no problem and hope that it continues with that. My kids are not yet exposed to all of that because they are young and I was pleased with the outcome of behavior.

I went to the website and can't locate their 2005 schedule of days they will be in the park? Did I just miss it ?? I could just schedule around them or with them depending on crowds.

For the past two years (May 2003 and May 2004) we arrived on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and stayed usually 9 days. We did not find the crowds bad at all. Last year we did make sure (hotel even suggested this) that we did not go to MK on Saturday because of the crowd levels for Gay Day. We went to Epcot instead (our favorite park). It was not crowded. Lots of red shirts! Having a close relative who is gay, we are not "bothered" by same sex couples and the usual signs of affection that people who love each other may exhibit in public, but not all people feel this way.

The tempurature/humidity did start to rise a little towards the end of the week (both years) and the typical Florida afternoon showers did show up.

It is a wonderful time to go! Have a great time!

I found the schedule for 2005

Thurs june 2nd- Animal kingdom
Friday june 3rd- MGM studios
saturday june 4th-Magic kingdom
sunday june 5th-Epcot

Hope this helps...

Keep in mind that Saturday at MK is THE day. This is the official Gay Day and crowds are mindnumbing at MK. The other days listed will just be minor kind of get-togethers. Saturday has always been the chosen day to gather at MK and celebrate. And since Saturdays are typically very busy at MK anyway, you can just imagine adding tens of thousands of additional people!

o.k. you all just scared me 1/2 to death there. We are going may 26th thru june 3rd. I have a 7yr old son who is really begining to notice certain things and asking a lot of questions and I have NOTHING against same sex couples other than how on earth do you go about explaining it to a young child? I know sooner are later I will have too because good lord knows theres No way my husband will touch that!LOL We are all so excited about going and counting the days and minutes and I just want it all to go smoothly. Thanks for all your help you are all really great. Robyn

Robyn323,

Do not be scared to death by this!!! I like to know the schedule, so I can work around this with 2 kids my ownself. I have nothing against this either, if that is what makes you happy. I live in Atlanta, where a lot of this does go on, and I work with some people who chose to be this way. They are great people, do not get me wrong. Just beaware of the situation. I better rephrase part of this, as my friend at work says, I did not chose to be this way, but I was born like this.

Last year was at Epcot on their desinated day, and there was no problems. Nothing affectionate, just people having a great time. They even were great around the kids are were smiling at them having a great time.

The only place that I saw anything, was on a sidewalk, they were walking back to the hotel from DTD and that was hands in each other back pockets. I was driving, and the DH saw it first and of course said something in the car :earseek: anyway. . . .

Thanks for the schedule, so I can be on the outlook for high level crowds.

We went to WDW May 15-22, 2004 and found the park to be just right. We didn't have to wait long in lines, and the lines that were a little long we just used fast pass.

It was my first trip, but my DH said it wasn't nearly as crowded as when he went before during Spring Break. No complaints about the crowds, it was just right.

I don't know whether or not they've updated, but when the Unofficial Guide folks updated their "best days" and "worst days" online, due to the change in EMH days, they listed MK as the best park to visit on June 4th! I printed that on December 9th, so I assume that since then they've figured out that MK is going to be a bit crowded due to Gay Day.

I also don't know if Gay Days is going to change their "official" park days. Except for MK on Saturday, they followed the UG recommendations for the best parks to visit on each day as their "official" days at each park. Now that the UG has changed its recommendations, I don't know whether they'll change or not.

We will be at the World May 26-June 5th. I expect crowds, but I figure with 9 full park days, we should get to do pretty much everything we want.

As for Gay Days, one of my best friends COULDN'T BELIEVE that I'd take my kids to WDW, knowing that it was "gay week." In that same conversation, she told me that her 9 year old son has no idea what "gay" means. (He actually does.) One of DH's and my best friends from college is gay and lives in Tampa. We are actually planning to meet up with him at WDW that week.

From what I've been told (by my friend and others), other than avoiding MK on Saturday because of the crowds, the only other things to really avoid are the "official" hotels (there is one for guys and one for ladies) because those places are where the pary scene really is. Of course, they're probably already booked anyway.

We often go during this time. It's a PERFECT time to go. Many of the schools throughout the country are still in session. The crowds are in my opinion, moderate. It's a lovely time to go, warm sure...but not blistering hot. Plus, the flower and garden festival is still on, although it's towards the end. Flowers are still beautiful though, they don't know the festival is almost over.

We love this time of year!!

PamNC

I'm taking a risk here...........folks, please keep in mind that "Gay Days" is not some perverted weeklong sex party! This is a get together, not unlike the marathon or the cheer competitions........lots of people with the same interests. Everyone seems to think that this is just for single party-hearty men. Gays Days is for everyone. Families with gay kids, gay couples with kids, gay couples without kids.......people who have something in common just as the other groups do. I have not seen more inappropriate behavior from this gathering than I have from a group of teenagers, newlyweds or anyone else. What is there to explain? Everytime you see two females walking together, do you assume they are gay? Gay people don't look or act any different than any other group.

Yep, there are parties at DTD in the clubs...........but why would you take your children to a nightclub anyway?

The only "issue" is the crowd level on Saturday at MK! If you are the type of people who can handle Christmas Day, New Years Eve, or 4th of July at MK, then this crowd will not faze you. If you avoid crowds..........then choose another park on this day. :flower1:

Ok, Avoid the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. But what about the rest of the days. TO AVOID CROWDS, would you suggest going to the parks on the Gay day schedule or not go when they are going ????

Actually, we never look at the schedule.....we just plan our days for what we want to do that day (other than, of course, MK on Sat!). The other days do not have a significant impact on crowds because people choose to do whatever they want and are not necessarily taking part in a group thing. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter