May 28 - June 5 Crowds there yet ??

We were at WDW last year at that time 5/31 to 6/6 and we thought it was very crowded (and very very very hot, did I say very hot?). We were also there for the 2 weeks before Christmas, and I would say the first week of June crowds were similar to the crowds the week before Christmas 12/19 to 12/25.

We're going a week earlier this year (5/19 to 5/29/2005), hoping for a little less crowds LOL.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Javaj or anyone else who went this time of year-
What was your wait time (with out a FP) on the big rides, like Tower of Terror, Splash mountain, Test Track stuff like that. I can tell from that how the crowds are. Thanks so much.

javaj said:
We were at WDW last year at that time 5/31 to 6/6 and we thought it was very crowded (and very very very hot, did I say very hot?).
I remember on our last day at Epcot on 5/21/04 it was soooo hot, almost 100 degrees. That was a miserable day in the sun for sure!

For lines longer than 15 minutes, we always do FP. Anytime after 11 am, we always needed FP for the big rides. I can't remember exact wait times, but I think they were around 45 to 60 minutes for the big rides in the middle of the day. Of course when we arrived at park opening, it was never bad, maybe around 15 minute waits after the first half hour.

lovmy2girls said:
Javaj or anyone else who went this time of year-
What was your wait time (with out a FP) on the big rides, like Tower of Terror, Splash mountain, Test Track stuff like that. I can tell from that how the crowds are. Thanks so much.

Southern schools will be out by then. It will be hot and beginning to rain every afternoon. It will not be as crowded as Middle June to early August but it will be crowded.

robyn323 said:
o.k. you all just scared me 1/2 to death there. We are going may 26th thru june 3rd. I have a 7yr old son who is really begining to notice certain things and asking a lot of questions and I have NOTHING against same sex couples other than how on earth do you go about explaining it to a young child? I know sooner are later I will have too because good lord knows theres No way my husband will touch that!LOL We are all so excited about going and counting the days and minutes and I just want it all to go smoothly. Thanks for all your help you are all really great. Robyn

Since you have nothing against same sex couples, you explain it the same way you would any other relationship between two people that care for each other. I don't see a problem.

We were there last year May 28-June 12. The first week really wasnt to bad and that was also Memorial weekend. I would never go to MK on a Saturday during crowded times so we werent there for the Gay Day activities but I have only heard how crowded it is on that day. That said we were at AK the same day the Gay Days participants were there and it wasnt really crowed. I didnt notice that it made it any worse. We actually checked out of BWV on Friday, June 3 and went to Universal to stay at the Royal Pacific for 3 nights then back to Disney on Monday June 5. You could really see a difference in the crowds this week. It was quite a bit more crowded.
I would go again the first week of June but not after that til the summer crowds were gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter