May 26 - June 2, 2012 From Reality to Fantasy

I just read through your whole trip report and I loved it! Thanks for sharing. I am debating a 7 night and this really helped give me an idea of what it will be like.

Thanks for the review. Good details and great photos! MSP is my home airport, so it was fun to see the Snoopy photo. Can't wait to hear about more of your travels.

Great review, took me several days to get through it all! We are going in August on the Fantasy (same itinerary) and will get great use out of this. Thanks!

The Storm and the Cheese (part 4) AKA: NEXT!

So we finished tasting all the cheeses and dabbing the remaining tears from our eyes. DH, who had leaned back in his chair to give his full stomach some more room to expand, happily exclaimed “Next!” to what we both thought was an empty room. It wasn’t however. Linda was just outside the door. She came hurrying in and said in an amused voice “yes, sir” which started us laughing all over again.

The next course was dessert. YEAH! Again, the presentation was amazing. DH's was called Paris-Brest, which was basically a trio of delicious hazelnut profiteroles, and I got this crazy frozen Peruvian chocolate cylinder wrapped in a chocolate sail with some sort of shimmery fruit gel and caramel caviar on the side. The caramel caviar was unlike anything I’d had before and I loved them. I joked with DH that I was going to ask for a bowl of them next time I saw Linda. Looking back on it I should have actually asked. This was a Disney cruise after all and she might have granted my wish. I was also served a chocolate yolk floating in some sort of liqueur. I let DH have it. I was simply too full to eat it, but it earned me brownie point with him anyway.

Paris-Brest: AKA hazelnut puffs

Peruvian chocolate cylinder. The Nike style sparkling swoosh was some sort of fruit gel and the little golden balls are caramel caviar.

Chocolate yolk in a liqueur. You eat it like an oyster-on-the-half-shell.

With dessert we were offered coffee or tea. DH ordered an espresso and I ordered some hot mint tea. I was hoping it might help the digestive process move more quickly. By this point I wasn’t sure I’d be able to walk out of there under my own power. As Linda cleared our dessert plates and walked away she quietly said with a French accented giggle. “Next!” DH and I were practically on the floor laughing.

Well, Linda wasn’t kidding. Next she brought out a plate (a big one) full of house-made sweets. Homemade marshmallows, caramels, chocolates... We groaned and DH said “Are you kidding me?” Linda asked us if we would like them wrapped to-go and we practically shouted “Yes please!” She told us to eat the hazelnut one because it wouldn’t keep. (I don’t seem to have photos of the sweets plate.)

Roughly 3 hours after arriving at Remy our experience was complete. We signed the tab and with our doggie bags in hand we slowly, and I mean snail’s pace, made our way back to the room. I'm not sure how long it took us to waddle down three flights of stairs and to mid-ship, but it seemed like an eternity. DH and I passed the time arguing over who was fuller.

The kids were watching a movie on the TV but were excited to show us what had arrived while we were gone. Lying on the bed was a Thank You card from Remy, a red rose and a box of gourmet chocolates. When I opened the box I half expected there to be a single word written inside the lid… “Next!”

Special Remy surprises and the to-go bag of house-made sweets

Next up: Day 5

I was on this exact cruise as well and I believe we ate in Remy on the same night. The night that we were in Costa Maya. We had dinner reservations at 7 I believe but we got a table almost exactly when you first walk in. They were pretty busy the whole time we were there. I don't remember seeing you guys but not sure how big Remy was

Love the report we sail the same itinerary this Ocober.

Did you notice any scooters or carts for rent on Grand Caymen? and is American money accepted in these ports.

We plan on doing our own thing on Caymen Costa, Much like you did. We did the same on St Martin a few years back and had a blast getting out of the
t-shirt/jewlery/liquor store traps.

Now back to reading your TR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter