May 25th, 2013 Fantasy Western!

Off for a Fantasy Eastern Caribbean cruise and a week at WDW. Will be back on June 3.

If you post your information, I'll get it on the spreadsheet when I get back.

Oh, I can't wait to hear about how wonderful the Fantasy is. I hope people post food photos too. Let us know when you get back about the highlights. I also finally looked up our room #2025 so you can update the spreadsheet. We had an awesome time at Disney's Vero Beach and now I have to wait 11 months to leave on the Fantasy....:scared1:

Oh, I can't wait to hear about how wonderful the Fantasy is. I hope people post food photos too. Let us know when you get back about the highlights. I also finally looked up our room #2025 so you can update the spreadsheet. We had an awesome time at Disney's Vero Beach and now I have to wait 11 months to leave on the Fantasy....:scared1:
The Fantasy was . . . well . . . Fantastic! Just like the Dream, but the adult area up front was SO MUCH BETTER. 3 water features, lots of chairs, Satellite Falls was so nice to just chill out in. The lounge area seemed to be better. I didn't get to spend too much time there, but I heard that O'Gills was really great.

All the shows were very good, Aladdin I think was the best. The magician was alright, but I could have missed that show and not felt too bad.

We spent WAY TOO MUCH money in the spa, but all was enjoyed. We had a couple's massage on board, a couple's cabana massage on Castaway Cay, manicures and pedicures (my first), and Acupuncture. The acupuncture is something new and we went for the 6 session package for $675 and we split it between us for 3 sessions each. We also got the couple's Rainforest pass for the cruise length and spent time in there every day but one.

I think the food was better than on the Dream, although there are others that were complaining. Most of the complaints were that they didn't find anything on the menu they wanted, so they always had the plain chicken or steak and got tired of it. I ALWAYS found something, as I like to experiment a bit when I'm on board.

Regrets were that we always missed Mickey photo ops. Invariably, when we got in the line the handler would tell us that the 'Mickey' line stopped one or two people ahead of us and we were in line for Donald. We just have to get out to dinner earlier! :rotfl:We also only got to get portraits done one night. I think I'll spring for a tux on this cruise - get a nice portrait done. I'll post a pic of the one portrait sitting we did manage to get done.

We didn't get off the ship at St. Thomas, so I rode the Aquaduck a number of times in a row with NO line. As fast as I could get back to the top, I could jump in a tube.

We had a DISBoards meet up before Sail Away. We had named our cruise "Fantasy Becomes Reality" and had silicone bracelets made in DIS lime green. This made it really easy to see each other on board. Lots of friendships were made. Some of us met up at Fishlips the day before we sailed to watch the Magic sail out.

We (Pam and I) took advantage of the on board DVC sale to buy 100 points at Aulani - Disney gave us 20 more points and made them retroactive to 2011. We're hoping to make a trip to HI early next year.

So . . . anyone have any suggestions for a cruise name? "Mayan Madness", "Mayan Fantasy", "Fantasy in Mexico", something in Spanish maybe? "Fantasía se vuelve realidad"

Just booked the cruise yesterday! Though we'll most likely rebook if prices don't sky rock between now and September, so that we can get the onboard booking discounts when we go this September. Excited as usual, especially for the new ship! :)

Welcome aboard! Let us know your particulars once you get them.

It sounds like you had an awesome trip on the Fantasy John. I love the idea of bracelets with a name. Those would be cheap and easy to make and it would be so easy to recognize each other. I will have to think of a name idea. :idea: Maybe a take on Fantasmic like FantasMayan or Fantasmagical Vacationers....?

Hello! We just got off the Dream yesterday!!! Booked this cruise while still on board...we had a blast with the FE exchange and can't wait to do another!:)

Here is our info!
Adults with name and ages: Kerry (38), Billy (40)
Children with name, age and gender: Alex (boy, 14), Karoline (girl, 11), Katharine (girl, 6)
Stateroom(s): 9588
Celebration(s): Anniversary (18 years June 24th)
Allergies: None
First Cruise?: N
Participate in FE: Y

Can't wait to get to know you all!:)
Kerry

Hello! We just got off the Dream yesterday!!! Booked this cruise while still on board...we had a blast with the FE exchange and can't wait to do another!:)

Here is our info!
Adults with name and ages: Kerry (38), Billy (40)
Children with name, age and gender: Alex (boy, 14), Karoline (girl, 11), Katharine (girl, 6)
Stateroom(s): 9588
Celebration(s): Anniversary (18 years June 24th)

Can't wait to get to know you all!:)
Kerry

Welcome Kerry and crew! You're on the spreadsheet.

Hi John (and everyone else too of course). We cruised with you this May, and I think my crew is going to book this trip too. Probably going to wait until the last minute this time though, and hope for the discounts like they did this year. So for now, I'm just going to follow the thread. But I expect we will book. We will have 2 cabins and would enjoy doing the FE again. Maybe we'll actually get to meet some of you this time. Lol.

Hi John (and everyone else too of course). We cruised with you this May, and I think my crew is going to book this trip too. Probably going to wait until the last minute this time though, and hope for the discounts like they did this year. So for now, I'm just going to follow the thread. But I expect we will book. We will have 2 cabins and would enjoy doing the FE again. Maybe we'll actually get to meet some of you this time. Lol.

Hi Gail! Yep, I know what you mean about meeting everyone. Even though Pam and I spent about half an hour at the 'meet', we only got to talk to about 3 'staterooms'. The wristbands DID help to meet folks throughout the week though. We'll have to do that again.

We just booked this cruise--I'm very excited because I've been dreaming and researching for a long time!

Adults with name and ages: Dan (50), Amy (44)
Children with name, age and gender: Victoria (girl, she'll turn 10 during the cruise)
Stateroom(s): 7578
Celebration(s): Victoria's 10th birthday, May 30
First Cruise?: Y

We'll be cruising with my Dad, Bill, age 66, but he won't be participating in the FE.

Thanks, John!
Had to laugh when reading the spreadsheet...my parent's names are Jon and Pam!!! Needless to say, I won't forget your names!;)

Hello everyone!!

We just got off the Dream last Sunday, and it took us the entire week to decide what dates to change our "ghost booking" to. Well here we are!!!!:banana:

This will be our 3rd cruise ever---our 3rd DCL vacay and our longest cruise. We started with a 3-day, moved up to a 5-day, and now a whole week getting spoiled by Disney:rotfl2:

I plan to add all of our info to the FE exchange as soon as we get our stateroom numbers.

Who's sailing with us?:dance3:
ME-Nicky
DH- Bill:love:
DS-Trei (13 by cruise time)pirate:
DD-Jazlyn (8 by cruise time)princess:

Hello everyone!!

We just got off the Dream last Sunday, and it took us the entire week to decide what dates to change our "ghost booking" to. Well here we are!!!!:banana:

This will be our 3rd cruise ever---our 3rd DCL vacay and our longest cruise. We started with a 3-day, moved up to a 5-day, and now a whole week getting spoiled by Disney:rotfl2:

I plan to add all of our info to the FE exchange as soon as we get our stateroom numbers.

Who's sailing with us?:dance3:
ME-Nicky
DH- Bill:love:
DS-Trei (13 by cruise time)pirate:
DD-Jazlyn (8 by cruise time)princess:

Welcome Nicky! Glad to see you here. If you liked the Dream, you're gonna LOVE the Fantasy.

Here is our info, please get us added to the FE exchange! :thumbsup2

Adults with name and ages: Bill (35), Nicky (33)
Children with name, age and gender: Trei (13 Boy), Jazlyn (8 girl-goes by Jazzy)
Stateroom: 10040
Celebration: Jazlyn's 8th birthday

Hiya!

We just finished our first cruise eva on the Magic 8-Night from NYC this past May and signed up for the Fantasy cruise during the same time next year. It was non-stop fun and we're already looking forward to this next trip.

Joe (DH-42)
Norma (DW-42)
Mateo (DS - will be 4.5 by cruise time)

Hiya!

We just finished our first cruise eva on the Magic 8-Night from NYC this past May and signed up for the Fantasy cruise during the same time next year. It was non-stop fun and we're already looking forward to this next trip.

Joe (DH-42)
Norma (DW-42)
Mateo (DS - will be 4.5 by cruise time)

All right. Got you on the spreadsheet. Let us know the stateroom so we know where to drop off the goodies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter