MAY 2020 WISH Challenge - Anything is Possible

8FF742FA-AF8E-485B-93D2-B7A5D23E4BA9.jpeg

It’s not only Friday, but the first day of the holiday weekend.

Are you planning anything special with your family?

My daughter and her husband and my grandson will join us Sunday. The weather looks good, so we can visit safely. We’ll be outside where we can spread out. I haven’t decided if I will cook or we’ll get carry out. I’m leaning towards grilling out and keeping it simple.

Here’s a recipe from SkinnyTaste.com
I like her recipes because she cooks with real food-these are delicious and only 98 calories a piece-nutritional info Is given.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/?s=Red,+white+and+blue+cupcakes+

No plans. We will probably barbecue just the three of us.

DH usually opens the pool, but I cannot motivate him to do it. Both my brother’s and nephew’s pool is already open, so I’m a bit frustrated. If I could, I would do it myself.

I might plant my annuals in the deck planters.

It will be weird with no parade this year.

I just said something to my husband last night about possibly grilling and having my parents over. Still in the planning stages, which is so weird for me because planning on Friday for the weekend used to stress me out. I like to be a week or two planned ahead. But these days, it’s one day at a time.

P.S. I wish I had a pool to open. We have several neighbors with pools that we usually swim at...but not right now. I actually looked into the temporary above ground pools and they are hard to find now and way overpriced!

We are heading to Mississippi to bring middle DD's stuff home from her apartment at college. Her lease is up at the end of the month, so we have to get her stuff out. She is actually going to stay down there a little longer with a friend while she searches for a job. Jobs for college grads are seeming difficult to find. When all of this started, she was set for a couple of interviews after her spring break and those were put on hold. She does have an informal interview coming up. It's with a regional bank in the St. Louis area. They told her they aren't hiring, but after seeing her resume, they wanted to talk with her in case a position opens up. I thought that sounded good. At least it will be practice meeting and talking with potential employers.

This week I've only been out of the house/neighborhood Tuesday when I went up to the doctor's to pick up a prescription and had my appointment at the nursery... last week before starting back up at work I had gotten out quite a bit, walking at the beach every morning and going for some sort of drive, so I really feel house bound. I'll take advantage of the holiday weekend to get out as much as possible.

Saturday I'm headed down to the beach early for my walk, then will drive out to a nursery in the country, where I was able to get an appointment for 9am. From there I'll do a drive thru the country side on the back roads. Haven't decided what to do Sunday and Monday, other than the morning walk at the beach.

Last evening I suddenly got a craving to go to Williamsburg Virginia... I've been playing the sound track of Hamilton while I walk and I think it has triggered my love of all things colonial. I started to think if I could go there I'd also go to Monticello, which for some reason I never visited when I lived in Virginia, and to Mt Vernon, which I did visit and loved. So maybe this weekend I'll do a virtual trip to celebrate Memorial Day.

I just said something to my husband last night about possibly grilling and having my parents over. Still in the planning stages, which is so weird for me because planning on Friday for the weekend used to stress me out. I like to be a week or two planned ahead. But these days, it’s one day at a time.

P.S. I wish I had a pool to open. We have several neighbors with pools that we usually swim at...but not right now. I actually looked into the temporary above ground pools and they are hard to find now and way overpriced!
Check Amazon. I saw ring pools for under $200. There's definitely some price gouging...a couple were almost $900!!! Outrageous. If you go on now and act quickly, you might be able to get one by June.

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Waves...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D9EM0HSSB1K6ME15T259

We kind of have a lot going on this weekend. Jeff and I are both off work today. We are looking at getting water today. This is about a 2 hour trip. We are also going to cut down a tree at some point and then put down a few pavers to extend the driveway a bit so when I get out of the car I am not getting out on the grass a ruining it every winter. We will most likely mulch as well. Oh and I have a team meeting with a friend that I haven't had a chance to talk to in awhile. We work together but were friends for many years before.

Tomorrow, we are going over my moms. It will just be my family going over just to hang out with my mom and step dad for a bit. I miss my mom. I used to talk to her almost every dad on my way home from work. Since being home this has not happened because I am home and just start cooking.

We are also going to have Jeff's grandmother over for hamburgers. I think on Sunday. She lives on her own and this has been hard on her. We will stay outside and will wear masks around her, except while eating, to help keep her safe.

Also this weekend Jeff is going to smoke a turkey breast and a pork butt (for pulled pork). It will be a fun weekend with also getting some stuff done *** well.

2E41425A-8BAD-4A58-A56B-1FFA823BD6D3.jpeg

Happy Saturday, everyone! Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing day! It’s sunny and warm here in south central PA, so enjoying my morning Diet Coke on the deck and listening to the birds.

I was looking at old pictures last night and with the holiday weekend thought it would be fun to share a picture from a Disney trip or any other place that you have visited that means vacation to you.

43A74859-E000-4596-B68A-61807209D02B.jpeg

On our last Disney trip we treated ourselves to the dessert party at the MK so we could view the fireworks from the enclosed space on Main Street. We loved it! I thought the desserts were very good-I love the tiny portions. We sat and enjoyed the view until an half hour before the fireworks began and then sat along the back railing. The view was perfect and so less stressful than staking out a spot hours before. Then when they were over we just waited in the garden until the crowds had passed.
I would definitely do this again.

View attachment 496440

On our last Disney trip we treated ourselves to the dessert party at the MK so we could view the fireworks from the enclosed space on Main Street. We loved it! I thought the desserts were very good-I love the tiny portions. We sat and enjoyed the view until an half hour before the fireworks began and then sat along the back railing. The view was perfect and so less stressful than staking out a spot hours before. Then when they were over we just waited in the garden until the crowds had passed.
I would definitely do this again.
I haven't viewed the fireworks in MK in many years. I just couldn't handle the crowds, the worst being the mass exodus to transportation. I might be able to tolerate this. Perhaps when I have grandchildren that really want to be in front of the castle.

Here's a picture of the lighthouse at Point Wilson in Fort Warden, from my trip to Port Townsend last week. This was early in the day before the cloud cover burned off. I'm particularly fond of the little building in the middle.

And here's a picture of an empty EPCOT, taken during the World Showcase DestiNations tour I took during my trip last June. I try to do one tour/backstage type thing each trip, particularly when I'm touring alone, because it gives me group time to connect with other people.... plus you get the inside scoop on things.

I haven't viewed the fireworks in MK in many years. I just couldn't handle the crowds, the worst being the mass exodus to transportation. I might be able to tolerate this. Perhaps when I have grandchildren that really want to be in front of the castle.

We had not seen the fireworks for years because of the crush of people.
This was so stress free.

Here's a picture of the lighthouse at Point Wilson in Fort Warden, from my trip to Port Townsend last week. This was early in the day before the cloud cover burned off. I'm particularly fond of the little building in the middle.

View attachment 496462

And here's a picture of an empty EPCOT, taken during the World Showcase DestiNations tour I took during my trip last June. I try to do one tour/backstage type thing each trip, particularly when I'm touring alone, because it gives me group time to connect with other people.... plus you get the inside scoop on things.

View attachment 496464
No wonder you want to move there!
Our beach town is definitely more built up, but we love our little neighborhood. And I am happier having a smaller house where I can be on the water.

Are you planning anything special with your family?
Nothing special. Our neighborhood pool opens Monday but I couldn't get a reservation. I got caught up in going to the grocery store that I forgot about it and the limited spaces were already taken when I got home. I'm hoping the 1:30 spot opens for registration at 1:30 but I'm not holding out hope. I'm incredibly bummed because the pool opening has been something I've *really* been looking forward too. It's not the end of the world but it really has me sad right now.
Sat pm update- I was right! The Monday 1:30 spots opened today at 1:30, so I was able to get a spot later in the day!

Last edited:
I was looking at old pictures last night and with the holiday weekend thought it would be fun to share a picture from a Disney trip or any other place that you have visited that means vacation to you.
This picture was from our first Disney cruise (Dream, 2014). The first night was our Christmas party where they lit the tree in the atrium, made it snow inside, etc... The characters floated around for a bit afterwards. Anna (now 14) was talking to Santa when Donald came up and started going at him. It escalated pretty quick (maybe Donald was on the naught list?) and right after this Goofy came up to diffuse the situation and hugged Santa. It was magical!496503

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!