MAY 2020 WISH Challenge - Anything is Possible

FA3D2263-07B2-484C-A67E-85153C016382.jpeg1DFBC138-3AEF-4B3C-9673-57FFDA89EEEA.jpegCC1D580B-3852-4B7E-965F-FFE89AADF64B.jpeg

These are from Yosemite Valley from last October. It was our wedding/honeymoon trip to Hawaii, which we started with a week in Northern California with my dad. He didn’t want to fly half way around the world to Hawaii (we already got legally married in Germany, this was the American wedding), but he decided to join us for the first week. We only had one day in the valley, but it was such a magical day!!

I have decided that I need to get back into posting here. I have restarted running. I have decided to start with the C25K program. I just don’t feel very fit at the moment and think easing myself into it is better to avoid injury. The interesting effect is that since I am only running for a minute, I am running faster than usual, so it might actually get me used to a bit of a higher speed. We will see...

Eating is still all over the place. I noted that I am especially craving a lot of fat at the moment. It’s easier to control the sugar intake. Interesting. As if my body wants fat due to the stress!

View attachment 496584View attachment 496585View attachment 496586

These are from Yosemite Valley from last October. It was our wedding/honeymoon trip to Hawaii, which we started with a week in Northern California with my dad. He didn’t want to fly half way around the world to Hawaii (we already got legally married in Germany, this was the American wedding), but he decided to join us for the first week. We only had one day in the valley, but it was such a magical day!!

I have decided that I need to get back into posting here. I have restarted running. I have decided to start with the C25K program. I just don’t feel very fit at the moment and think easing myself into it is better to avoid injury. The interesting effect is that since I am only running for a minute, I am running faster than usual, so it might actually get me used to a bit of a higher speed. We will see...

Eating is still all over the place. I noted that I am especially craving a lot of fat at the moment. It’s easier to control the sugar intake. Interesting. As if my body wants fat due to the stress!
Stunning photos.

View attachment 496584View attachment 496585View attachment 496586

Just beautiful! What a fabulous trip it must have been!
With the nicer weather I want to do more grilling-and seafood. I always do better with maintaining and losing when I eat seafood at least twice during the week.

Hope you have a restful and relaxing Sunday.

Our daughter and her family will visit today. We’ll spread out in the front yard and put the basketball hoop out for my grandson. Maybe a walk on the trail. It will be a nice change in our routine!

View attachment 496855

... all things considered...

Yesterday I so enjoyed my mini-road trip out to the nursery and then taking the long way home via a country road loop, that I couldn't stay home today, I just couldn't. So I called my Sister to see if she was up for a socially distant visit, and headed to her place on the coast early this morning. But this time I took the ferry across and drove down the peninsula, and it was amazing. I don't think I'll ever take the interstate route again. The ferry adds time to the overall trip, but the actual driving time is the same and it is so much more relaxing with awesome stuff to look at that the 2 1/2 hours flies by.

Her county and town went to Phase 2 today, so restaurants and retail were open with restrictions, and the town was hoping with tourists. Good to see, but we didn't get near to any of it. We walked to and along the beach before it started to get busy, so it was nice and relaxing. Then we drove up the coast 20 minutes or so to a really cute beach town, both wearing our masks the whole time because we weren't quite 6 feet apart in the truck. Then I drove home via the same peninsula route. I've never done the trip down and back in one day before, it always seems so far and such a stressful drive.

We talked about Thanksgiving and Christmas plans. She's willing to host, and doing it at the beach will be extra special, to make up for how crappy last year was, so soon after my brother's passing. We both want to go to the Port Townsend FIrst Night Celebration again, so I'm going to book a room in our favorite hotel right away. Then she's asking my Niece if they are interested in hosting Thanksgiving, I'll most likely have to work that day but can dial in from PT as easily as if I was working from home. It felt good to look forward and plan some things out.

Super perfect day... such a gift.

Last edited:
View attachment 496855

... all things considered...

Yesterday I so enjoyed my mini-road trip out to the nursery and then taking the long way home via a country road loop, that I couldn't stay home today, I just couldn't. So I called my Sister to see if she was up for a socially distant visit, and headed to her place on the coast early this morning. But this time I took the ferry across and drove down the peninsula, and it was amazing. I don't think I'll ever take the interstate route again. The ferry adds time to the overall trip, but the actual driving time is the same and it is so much more relaxing with awesome stuff to look at that the 2 1/2 hours flies by.

Her county and town went to Phase 2 today, so restaurants and retail were open with restrictions, and the town was hoping with tourists. Good to see, but we didn't get near to any of it. We walked to and along the beach before it started to get busy, so it was nice and relaxing. Then we drove up the coast 20 minutes or so to a really cute beach town, both wearing our masks the whole time because we weren't quite 6 feet apart in the truck. Then I drove home via the same peninsula route. I've never done the trip down and back in one day before, it always seems so far and such a stressful drive.

We talked about Thanksgiving and Christmas plans. She's willing to host, and dong it at the beach will be extra special, to make up for how crappy last year was, so soon after my brother's passing. We both want to go to the Port Townsend FIrst Night Celebration again, so I'm going to book a room in our favorite hotel right away. Then she's asking my Niece if they are interested in hosting Thanksgiving, I'll most likely have to work that day but can dial in from PT as easily as if I was working from home. It felt good to look forward and plan some things out.

Super perfect day... such a gift.
Ferry rides and a walk on the beach-sounds like a perfect day! And I love that you’re planning holiday get togethers-having something to look forward to is so important right now.

Motivation for this week... I'm well on track for my 100 mile goal, but behind on the -5 pounds... one of the magical two pounds lost earlier in the week came back on so that puts me at -3 and hopefully -4 by the end of the week. So first motivation is to get at least that pound off.

Today is my do-stuff-at-home day, so it shouldn't matter that the weather is rainy but it is kind of bumming me out. I'm totally in Spring mode and not in the mood for rain at all. I'm going to have to bundle up to get my beach walk in, but I am motivated to get down there and get 'er done rain or no rain.

For household chores, I'm going to work on the stuff on the shelves here in the craft room. Where my desk is I sit and look at the sheves all day and the disorganization was getting to me by the end of the week. I'm also going to have a go at the bedroom closet... really exciting stuff, but I'm motivated to do it.

I’m feeling very sluggish today. Yesterday the kids and I went over to my sisters to help do yardwork, while my husband stayed home to pressure wash our deck and siding. So today we’re all feeling a little tired, sore and slow. I’m hoping to get up the energy to finish pressure washing the deck and putting the furniture out. Then maybe go for a bike ride today.

I was definitely overzealous with my goal for the month. I’ll just be happy with any weight loss at this point. I did well with my eating/snacking for about 3 days. I hope to get it back under control this week. And I need to get back into a routine daily workout.

As important as maintaining my weight and staying active is to me, my husband and I are in our sixties-so keeping him healthy motivates me as well! Luckily he is cooperative-he eats what I eat, enjoys walking/running on the trail, yard work. But I want to keep him healthy, so that motivates me to cook healthy meals, not keep junk food in the house and to get out for a walk every day.

I can’t believe it’s the end of May! We had such a nice day with the family yesterday. My grandson brought his bike, so we all walked on the trail while he zoomed ahead. Then it was nice enough to sit outside and eat our lunch. We’re cautiously optimistic about our Disney trip in August, but since it’s a DVC reservation we’ll just have to wait to see how things look this summer. But it’s something to look forward to.

526E109A-2CA4-4D9E-9CF3-42F939FE0B7C.jpeg

I’m feeling very sluggish today. Yesterday the kids and I went over to my sisters to help do yardwork, while my husband stayed home to pressure wash our deck and siding. So today we’re all feeling a little tired, sore and slow. I’m hoping to get up the energy to finish pressure washing the deck and putting the furniture out. Then maybe go for a bike ride today.

I was definitely overzealous with my goal for the month. I’ll just be happy with any weight loss at this point. I did well with my eating/snacking for about 3 days. I hope to get it back under control this week. And I need to get back into a routine daily workout.
This was a May like no other, so remember to give yourself grace when it comes to eating and snacking... you know what to do and will get back on track when the time is right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter