MAY 2020 WISH Challenge - Anything is Possible

Well, I knew I loved this group, but sharing our Diet Coke addiction makes me love you even more :love:
And, yes, McDonalds is just the best! I didn’t know they have that reputation for excellence-I need to get a birthday card tomorrow, so maybe I will swing by and get one. I haven’t had one since the lockdown.

My woohoo is that I lost 2 pounds this week. Yay!

Kids had their locker clean out yesterday. It was a bit sad. My kids thankfully cleaned out their lockers on March 13th because I had a feeling they would not be back. Good thing because neither of them remembered which locker was theirs.

We are trucking along with school. I am still a bit frustrated with one of Nick's teachers. I had to email the principle to get her to email us back. She told me that Nicks 8th grade science was up to date but he was missing stuff in the (9th grade class) Then yesterday she entered grades into the program we use and he is missing stuff in 8th grade science. When I asked her what I should go off of she just told me he has 2 weeks to complete the work. It is like pulling teeth to get info from her. She did have a google meet with Nick yesterday because Nick didn't understand how to do something. This was very helpful as it also got her the realize she needed to give permission for some of the videos that the kids needed to watch.

This is the last week for new work. The next 2 weeks will be just completing anything that they are missing. Almost their.

Woohoo... next Monday is Memorial Day in the US, so my first "official" weekend is going to be a 3-dayer! You'd think this would be no big deal, having just come off of a 6-week weekend, but not having the open ended question about work hanging out there makes the holiday weekend extra sweet. I'm trying to think of what I want to do, Saturday is forecast to be the best weather day, so a drive somewhere with an opportunity to do some walking would be ideal.

Woohoo... I didn't spend very much money at the nursery yesterday, that's the good part. After waiting three weeks for my shopping appointment, they really didn't have a great assortment as they've cut back on what they are offering, I didn't even find any treasures in the home/gift section.

Woohoo... I'm not having any problems getting up in the mornings and do feel rested and restored, so that's a positive for having been off. This morning I got up in time to walk and do the daily meditation, but it turned out that today's meditation was a walking one!

Oh I forgot about water intake. I am not great at drinking anything. Most days I am luck if I drink 8 oz of fluid. I know it is horrible. I have been much better since I have been working from home. I am drinking 20 oz most days by the 4 if not sooner. I will drink an A & W Root Beer most days as well. But I won't have it until I at least drink 20 oz of water. There have been some days that i skip the root beer and drink about 30 oz of water. I need to keep this going when I go back into the office.

My vegetable soup recipe is pretty easy-spray your pot with olive oil spray and sauté a cup of sliced carrots, chopped onion and 1/2 cup of sliced celery about 5 minutes. Add 4 cups of broth (veg, chicken or beef-whatever you like) a can of diced tomatoes and a tablespoon of tomato paste. I add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer til vegetables are tender. Then I add spinach or kale til wilted and a can of drained, rinsed white beans. You can switch things out for what you like. Shredded chicken breasts instead of beans or both.

Kids had their locker clean out yesterday. It was a bit sad. My kids thankfully cleaned out their lockers on March 13th because I had a feeling they would not be back. Good thing because neither of them remembered which locker was theirs.

We are trucking along with school. I am still a bit frustrated with one of Nick's teachers. I had to email the principle to get her to email us back. She told me that Nicks 8th grade science was up to date but he was missing stuff in the (9th grade class) Then yesterday she entered grades into the program we use and he is missing stuff in 8th grade science. When I asked her what I should go off of she just told me he has 2 weeks to complete the work. It is like pulling teeth to get info from her. She did have a google meet with Nick yesterday because Nick didn't understand how to do something. This was very helpful as it also got her the realize she needed to give permission for some of the videos that the kids needed to watch.

This is the last week for new work. The next 2 weeks will be just completing anything that they are missing. Almost their.
I can’t imagine trying to finish out the year like that. I think you and your kids are doing a great job. Do you have a final day of school?

My vegetable soup recipe is pretty easy-spray your pot with olive oil spray and sauté a cup of sliced carrots, chopped onion and 1/2 cup of sliced celery about 5 minutes. Add 4 cups of broth (veg, chicken or beef-whatever you like) a can of diced tomatoes and a tablespoon of tomato paste. I add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer til vegetables are tender. Then I add spinach or kale til wilted and a can of drained, rinsed white beans. You can switch things out for what you like. Shredded chicken breasts instead of beans or both.

Thank you! I need to try this. I've never used vegetable broth, so I may try it with that first.

Woohoo... next Monday is Memorial Day in the US, so my first "official" weekend is going to be a 3-dayer! You'd think this would be no big deal, having just come off of a 6-week weekend, but not having the open ended question about work hanging out there makes the holiday weekend extra sweet. I'm trying to think of what I want to do, Saturday is forecast to be the best weather day, so a drive somewhere with an opportunity to do some walking would be ideal.

Woohoo... I didn't spend very much money at the nursery yesterday, that's the good part. After waiting three weeks for my shopping appointment, they really didn't have a great assortment as they've cut back on what they are offering, I didn't even find any treasures in the home/gift section.

Woohoo... I'm not having any problems getting up in the mornings and do feel rested and restored, so that's a positive for having been off. This morning I got up in time to walk and do the daily meditation, but it turned out that today's meditation was a walking one!
I keep forgetting it’s Memorial Day-in normal times we’d be off for the beach. The weather looks good, so it will probably be crazy crowded, so we’re staying home.
Glad your transition back to work has gone smoothly. It used to take me a couple weeks to readjust when school restarted in the fall!

It’s Woohoo Wednesday! What are you celebrating today?
Our Governor said we go to phase II tomorrow. Some places are still closed that we thought would be open (like gyms) but that is ok. My oldest also got her braces adjusted for the first time since February, she's in minimal pain, and we only have one more payment before we're done paying for it! She's not done with treatment but she's at least paid off!

Welcome - glad you found us :)
Thank you!

My Wednesday WooHoo is that I got grocery shopping done yesterday, and both TP and paper towels were back in stock!

And it’s a gorgeous morning today. I’m actually out in the back yard with one of my cats, enjoying the sound of all the birds.
Super jealous of that nice weather! It's cool and rainy here and feels nothing like late May!

Thank you!

Thank you!

WTG on the loss! I have an 8th grader also (also in a high school class, she's in Math 1). We had to go to the school when they closed to get her violin (we own it, it isn't a school one) and I made her go ahead and empty her locker. I assumed at that point we wouldn't return to school this year and told her if they did for some reason she could just return with her necessities instead of everything.
The online instruction is hard (especially since my husband and I are both still working full time). We had in her the after school she had been attending (we moved out of district last year and the bus will not take her home, but she was allowed to stay at the school since it was her last year there). We had pay cuts due to COVID, so we pulled her from their care as a cost savings. She's old enough to stay home, but I just didn't trust her to not just lay in bed all. Her math teacher ended up calling us and telling us how she wasn't completing her items and we had a come to Jesus meeting. Hopefully we're good now. Friday is the last day of instruction and I cannot wait.

I didn't post a WooHoo earlier - mine is that I was down 2 pounds this week. We did more out of the home eating this weekend, so I was a little nervous that it wouldn't bide well with the scale, but all is well. I did make sensible choices and I guess it paid off!

We were also able to support our local hospital tonight. They had a drive through fish fry and DD and I drove through to get our dinner. It was fried fish, but I ate a reasonable serving, so I ate it, enjoyed it and logged it with no guilt. We have a relatively small local hospital and due to no elective procedures, they have been struggling. They haven't laid anyone off, but it's been very challenging for them. They had a fantastic turnout, so it's so good to see the community supporting the local hospital. We are very grateful for them!!

I didn't post a WooHoo earlier - mine is that I was down 2 pounds this week. We did more out of the home eating this weekend, so I was a little nervous that it wouldn't bide well with the scale, but all is well. I did make sensible choices and I guess it paid off!

We were also able to support our local hospital tonight. They had a drive through fish fry and DD and I drove through to get our dinner. It was fried fish, but I ate a reasonable serving, so I ate it, enjoyed it and logged it with no guilt. We have a relatively small local hospital and due to no elective procedures, they have been struggling. They haven't laid anyone off, but it's been very challenging for them. They had a fantastic turnout, so it's so good to see the community supporting the local hospital. We are very grateful for them!!

Yay on your weight loss! And what a nice way to support your local hospital.

I am grateful, always, for my husband

I am grateful for my public library-they have been closed since March and I miss going and browsing and coming home with half a dozen new books.

I am grateful for my bag of chocolate in the freezer. I’m trying not to have sweets in the house right now, but a piece of Dove dark chocolate saves my sanity.

I am grateful for my sister. Since this all started we talk more often and that’s something I don’t want to change when things return to normal.

I am grateful for my tv right now. We’re been watching some really interesting programs every evening-I have watched things I probably wouldn’t have before (a documentary on the gene!) and am grateful for the entertainment while learning something at the same time.

I am thankful for my brother-in-law (Doctor) for taking such good care of my dad. It’s been so helpful to have a doctor making house calls ;)

I am thankful for our house. We are fortunate to have space for each of us. I have the office with doors that shut, which is nice for recording my lessons and for live instruction on Google Meets. We have a spare bedroom which we converted to a kids office. They each have a desk for school work, but also a TV with an oversized chair for lounging (Usually for my daughter). We have a finished basement with TV & Xbox (usually for my son). So my husband usually takes the family room to watch TV when we’re all working.

I am thankful for chicken. We tend to eat a lot of chicken and especially grilled chicken when the weather is nicer. It’s a healthy protein that we all love!

I am thankful for my CAR. It’s something I tend to take for granted. But it’s been very useful in getting me to my parents to help them through this tough time. I also feel the need to add COOKIES as the song C is for Cookie was my go to Sesame Street song when I was little. And now that I know so many of us have a commonality, I should say I’m also thankful for diet COKE!

I’m thankful for my Chromebook. It’s been essential in this online teaching. But it’s super quick and each to use. I just don’t know what I’d do if it broke!!!

That was fun! And I appreciate the early post as tomorrow is going to be a busy morning. So another something I’m thankful for ;)

Person: MIL, who has been stealthily dropping off things on our porch - flowers at Easter, a card on our anniversary. She's so sweet!

Place: my back yard (in spite of the fact that it is desperate need of mowing and all the guy said is that he would get to us ”this week” :rolleyes1 ) - because my cat likes to go out there on her leash everyday and watch the birds, and taking her insures I don’t forget fresh air and sunshine.

Food: pineapple Jello - DS asked me to make it the other day, and it is now my new favorite flavor!

Letter: NCIS - DH and I fell off watching a couple of seasons ago, and I've been binge-watching this week catching up.

Thing: Zoom - I had a “play date” with the twins yesterday. My “niece” loses patience with it pretty quickly (though she did tell me all about Trolls 2 before she split) but my “nephew” and I drew with chalk outside our respective houses, and it was so much fun! I miss them both. :(

Person... my Niece. We've always had a special relationship, but right now she's going to be the bridge to help me get to my new life (in Port Townsend) and the conduit to meeting people when I get there.

Place... my little house which has been a haven and a fortress during these quarantine times.

Food... I'm also going to say chicken, my go-to protein, but more specifically the chicken tenders I can get at the fancy grocery store, as they are just the right size.

Something that starts with "L"... laughter, which has been pretty spare of late, but I have had some giggles with co-workers this week, which is greatly appreciated.

Thing... my car. It's an oldie, a 2004 Pontiac Vibe, which oddly enough is mechanically a Toyota Matrix with just a Pontiac shell. It's been a super little car, with no mechanical issues at all. Whenever I think it's time to get something else, which has been off-and-on the past 5 years, my heart breaks a little bit. I've decided to keep it another two years, until after I can buy a house, so when restrictions are lifted I'll take it in to the shop and get it checked out and get whatever needs to be done done, so we can have some happy little road trips together.

I can’t imagine trying to finish out the year like that. I think you and your kids are doing a great job. Do you have a final day of school?

Tomorrow is the last day for new work being giving out. Elizabeth tells me the last day is officially June 4th but I think it is June 9th. I guess I should look that up.

Our Governor said we go to phase II tomorrow. Some places are still closed that we thought would be open (like gyms) but that is ok. My oldest also got her braces adjusted for the first time since February, she's in minimal pain, and we only have one more payment before we're done paying for it! She's not done with treatment but she's at least paid off!

Our Governor has just confused everyone here. We are no longer on a Stay at Home order but it is now a Stay Safe Ohio order. Both my kids have braces and will finally get in to get them adjusted on June 2. They were there last right before the lock down. It is a good feeling when you can finally pay them off.

WTG on the loss! I have an 8th grader also (also in a high school class, she's in Math 1). We had to go to the school when they closed to get her violin (we own it, it isn't a school one) and I made her go ahead and empty her locker. I assumed at that point we wouldn't return to school this year and told her if they did for some reason she could just return with her necessities instead of everything.
The online instruction is hard (especially since my husband and I are both still working full time). We had in her the after school she had been attending (we moved out of district last year and the bus will not take her home, but she was allowed to stay at the school since it was her last year there). We had pay cuts due to COVID, so we pulled her from their care as a cost savings. She's old enough to stay home, but I just didn't trust her to not just lay in bed all. Her math teacher ended up calling us and telling us how she wasn't completing her items and we had a come to Jesus meeting. Hopefully we're good now. Friday is the last day of instruction and I cannot wait.

I said they same to my kids when we got our stuff back when schools closed. Nick is in 3 9th grades classes and doing good in all of them but a week behind. Elizabeth is in 7th and she is doing pretty good but gets behind here and there especially in Social Studies. She hates that class. Loves her teacher but hates the subject.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!