May 2014 Discout Watch

Oh No! :scared1:

I forgot about the May discounts until just now! I was planning a short trip in May and looks like there's limited availability at the Contemporary for most dates.

You probably didn't miss the boat on this.

Last Thursday, when I tried to apply the Visa discount to my CR reservation for early May, I was told there were no standard (non CL) rooms available for my dates.

I think the Poly construction has caused the CR to be booked to a higher degree than normal.

Ok opinions needed... I applied the discount to our reservation this morning. We are currently booked for May 2-7 Contemporary TPV room. Our new total is $4267. I am being indecisive about our resort. We could stay at Poly in a standard view room for a total of $3570. Or we could stay at Wilderness Lodge for a total of $3066. We are traveling with a 6 year old and an 8 month old. What would you all do?? Keep the reservation at the Contemporary, or change to save more money? Is it worth the extra $$ for a TPV room (we had one at Poly last time)? Is it worth being on the monorail, or would Wilderness Lodge be just as convenient since it is so close to MK. Questions and decisions. Hmmmm. :confused3

I got on last night at midnight and checked the original dates I wanted. Nothing available at POR. I ended up having to book a week earlier. This morning before work, I checked again, and all rooms were available. I called Disney and got right through. I was able to switch to the original dates I had wanted. Yay! I am only staying 4 nights but we are saving $227!

Ok opinions needed... I applied the discount to our reservation this morning. We are currently booked for May 2-7 Contemporary TPV room. Our new total is $4267. I am being indecisive about our resort. We could stay at Poly in a standard view room for a total of $3570. Or we could stay at Wilderness Lodge for a total of $3066. We are traveling with a 6 year old and an 8 month old. What would you all do?? Keep the reservation at the Contemporary, or change to save more money? Is it worth the extra $$ for a TPV room (we had one at Poly last time)? Is it worth being on the monorail, or would Wilderness Lodge be just as convenient since it is so close to MK. Questions and decisions. Hmmmm. :confused3

We're currently booked in a standard room at the Contemporary but it sounds like we won't be able to have the discount applied. We're traveling with our 6 year old and really wanted to be on the monorail line (we stayed at Poly in 2012 and loooved it, but wanted to try something different). If we can't get the discount, though, I'm thinking of asking our TA to price out WL and we may switch if it's a significant savings. I know we were spoiled by staying at Poly last trip (soooo easy to get anywhere, we were so close to the TTC) so I'm nervous to stay somewhere that's only accessible by boat or bus.

I'm also thinking about having her price the Beach Club. Again, haven't been thrilled with how long I'm hearing it takes to get to MK from there, but convenience to EP and DHS may win out. We have two dinners scheduled in Epcot, so it would be nice to be right there.

I'm really bummed, though, that CR doesn't seem to be working out for us. We do not want to upgrade to a TPV room since we know how little we'll actually be in the room.

The real question is- Do you have a car? I have found transportation can be slow at non peak times at Wilderness.
Also, there is nothing better than a room close to the park with a baby. (Miss those days!). Personally, Poly is my favorite but staying away with all the construction right now. I would go with Contemporary. Also, my sister and I talk all the time about how staying there when I was 6, was one of our best childhood memories. Spend it if you can.

We're currently booked in a standard room at the Contemporary but it sounds like we won't be able to have the discount applied. We're traveling with our 6 year old and really wanted to be on the monorail line (we stayed at Poly in 2012 and loooved it, but wanted to try something different). If we can't get the discount, though, I'm thinking of asking our TA to price out WL and we may switch if it's a significant savings. I know we were spoiled by staying at Poly last trip (soooo easy to get anywhere, we were so close to the TTC) so I'm nervous to stay somewhere that's only accessible by boat or bus.

I'm also thinking about having her price the Beach Club. Again, haven't been thrilled with how long I'm hearing it takes to get to MK from there, but convenience to EP and DHS may win out. We have two dinners scheduled in Epcot, so it would be nice to be right there.

I'm really bummed, though, that CR doesn't seem to be working out for us. We do not want to upgrade to a TPV room since we know how little we'll actually be in the room.

I know.. My problem is that we were definitely spoiled to the convenience of being on the monorail! We stayed in Tahiti, and it was just sooo convenient! Good luck with your res!

The real question is- Do you have a car? I have found transportation can be slow at non peak times at Wilderness.
Also, there is nothing better than a room close to the park with a baby. (Miss those days!). Personally, Poly is my favorite but staying away with all the construction right now. I would go with Contemporary. Also, my sister and I talk all the time about how staying there when I was 6, was one of our best childhood memories. Spend it if you can.

Thanks for the reply! We will not have a car.. We will be flying and relying on Dis transportation. I think we would definitely miss the convenience of the monorail if we stayed elsewhere. I was having an indecisive moment, but I think I've decided to stick with the Contemporary.

I called when the lines opened this morning and I got the 20% discount on my Contemporary BLV room in May. Yay!

Huge thanks to this forum....called 7 a.m. and saved $615 for our stay at CBR May 5th to the 14th in a preferred room. My question, even though we're told what our "new" price is I can't for the life of me find on the web to verify what our new discounted balance due is. Is it necessary to make a call to verify what our balance due is?....or am I overlooking a link somewhere to show what we owe when we arrive....thanks in advance.

Huge thanks to this forum....called 7 a.m. and saved $615 for our stay at CBR May 5th to the 14th in a preferred room. My question, even though we're told what our "new" price is I can't for the life of me find on the web to verify what our new discounted balance due is. Is it necessary to make a call to verify what our balance due is?....or am I overlooking a link somewhere to show what we owe when we arrive....thanks in advance.

I was sent a new confirmation email with my new total, balance, etc.

They sent me an email with a revised bill, with the new total. I also made a payment in the My Disney Experience section and it was updated there. I did a package though, so maybe it's different if you are paying on arrival.

Is it true that since I booked a package before this discount came out that I am not eligible for it? That I have to wait until the package deals come out if they do?

Is it true that since I booked a package before this discount came out that I am not eligible for it? That I have to wait until the package deals come out if they do?

No you are eligible. I booked my vacation package back in July and called and applied it today.

Nope, you're eligible. Call in and save some money! :)

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.

Thank you that's what I thought but was told differently this am. Did call back and saved about 200 because we are staying at french quarter. Ever penny counts :-) Thank you so much for all this great info!!

Thanks to this thread and tons of other information from other threads and sources from the Dis I was able to benefit on the new discount for my trip in late april/ early May. I saved $260 off my total for Dad and myself. Pretty happy about it and now just counting down the days to the trip and this awful winter to end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter