MAY 2013 - PTR....hooray!!!

Thrilled to tell you all that the big game has been re-scheduled for next Sunday!! :cool1:

We are all at home, nice and dry and enjoying the mars bar slice!! :goodvibes

....stuck at work - coming up on 12 hours now!!

The things you do to make amazing holidays a reality!!!

I have a ticker and an avatar AND I know what they are AND I did them myself!! :smokin:

YIKES - 3 months, 1 week and 6 days????? :scared1:

I had to laugh when I read last night that this is the day for Gay Days at the MK - it will definitely be a day to remember!!

If it's anything like the "Gay Days" in Disneyland it can make the park a lot quieter. We couldn't understand at first why Disneyland was so quiet for a Saturday. We then noticed a lot of people wearing bright red t-shirts with "Gay Days Disneyland" & that days date printed on them. (My DH was very happy that he wasn't wearing a red shirt:rotfl:)

We guessed that locals knew about it & had kept away. It didn't matter to us although the kids didn't know where to look when a couple of times some couples got very affectionate while waiting in line. Fortunately they were old enough to understand:)

Thanks for the info - I'll have to look on the Internet to see if I can find out this year's t-shirt colour!! I might keep the answer to myself though - my 6'4" ex-footballer husband wearing the same coloured t-shirt would be bloody hilarious!!! :rotfl:

A quieter day does sound good though - it's our last day in MK and I would love it to be a calmer experience!! I've also never really felt the need to get amorous whilst in the line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - but it's good to know that if DH and I are in the mood for a pash - we won't be the only ones!!! ;) ;)

PS.....Don't worry.....I promise I will keep the birthday kisses for behind closed doors!!! :lovestruc

Hahahaha - I now have a ticker that actually has a WDW picture instead of the Disneyland picture that I suddenly realised I had!! :rolleyes1

I think I was so excited that it worked that I didn't realise that I had a picture from the wrong side of the country on it!!! :headache:

I am having my hair done tomorrow - I am so excited to do nothing but sit still for 2 whole hours!! Also - the next time that I get it done will be in the week before we go away - HOORAY!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

UGH - I am trying to make a dining reservation on the WDW website.

- I put my date in :)
- it changes it :confused3
- I put the next day's date in :worried:
- it tells me that I have a reservation that day :eek:
- which I don't :headache:
- the reservation that it's talking about is for the day before :confused:
- which I have quadruple checked and have a confirmaion number for :thumbsup2
- so I try again :surfweb:
- and the same things happen :sick:
- it's so much easier to do it from the computer because the credit card is attached to our "Disney Experience" thingy ::yes::
- I don't want to use my ipad because it makes me actually enter the card and every time I do that the falcon gets me (even after soooo many bank visits) :faint:
- so I have logged out of my stupid Disney Experience and am ranting :badpc:
- and pouting :(
- and over it. :furious:

The end!!

What a pain. While there's quite a few things I like about the new Disney website, the dining reservations is not one of them. It seems that this is where people are having the most issues.

At present it won't recognise the 180 + 10 days on many DVC bookings, including mine. There's 2 months until my window opens up, so I'm hoping they mend the system by then. However, it appears all these glitches are not going to be an easy fix for Disney.

Thanks for asking - I'm going to give them a call tonight, it's an easy ADR - dinner at Cape May, and there are lots of times open, I just want things to be calm and easy (so I'll get the Disney person to do it)!!! ;)

Hello!

Just a quick one - my gorgeous son's cricket team lost their final yesterday.

Ugh - they played so well in all of their lead up games, and then yesterday it began with losing the toss and just went down hill from there. They all tried so hard, but it just wasn't to be. The boys are all fine - what an amazing thing to have watched our son be a part of - he has made amazing new friends and has learnt from the best around, AND they are definitely ready for next year!!

Sooooo, to ease the disappointment - we're going to Disney World!!! :cool1:

Hello!

Just a quick one - my gorgeous son's cricket team lost their final yesterday.

Ugh - they played so well in all of their lead up games, and then yesterday it began with losing the toss and just went down hill from there. They all tried so hard, but it just wasn't to be. The boys are all fine - what an amazing thing to have watched our son be a part of - he has made amazing new friends and has learnt from the best around, AND they are definitely ready for next year!!

Sooooo, to ease the disappointment - we're going to Disney World!!! :cool1:

Commiserations to your son and his team.

YAY for WDW.

I don't really have anything to report this morning - I just want to see my ticker!!!

Hope everyone is having a happy day. :):):)

Ugh - 3 months tomorrow until we leave and it can't come soon enough!! I am up to my neck in everything, kids, hubs, house, my business, school stuff for the kids - feeling like I should be in 4 places at the one time and feeling guilty when I can't be.

I'm sitting in my shop with the lights out so that nobody comes in, doing reports with my hair in hot rollers so that I don't scare all of the new mums at a school meeting tonight!! If I wasn't so tired it would be funny!!

Always time to pop onto the Disboards though!! Rant over....thanks for listening. :hug:

We've got 3 months and 5 days to go tomorrow. It is dragging soooo much. It kind of feels close (because it's this year!), but it kind of feels like forever away.
Everything's organized that can be at this stage, but I know when it's a couple of weeks out we'll be mad women!

Hi Shaz, I know exactly what you mean!

DD8 was talking to me on the way to school this morning and she said that she wished that we had 1 month to go instead of 3 - I agreed, but I actually love the lead up to going away. Planning, reading up on stuff and updating my Tripit page with things to do and pictures is one of the ways that I spend my nights (insomnia!!). :eek:

I suppose that the only way around it is to start planning the next trip as soon as we come back from this one!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter